Author Topic: Native American Quotes/Proverbs/Wisdom  (Read 67 times)

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
Native American Quotes/Proverbs/Wisdom
« on: February 27, 2008, 10:44:30 AM »
Also, as I lay there thinking of my vision, I could see it all again and feel the meaning with a part of me like a strange power glowing in my body; but when the part of me that talks would try to make words for the meaning, it would be like fog and get away from me.
Black Elk

More and more I come to understand this deeply.. it leaves me quite wordless.

And while I stood there I saw more than I can tell and I understood more than I saw; for I was seeing in a sacred manner the shapes of all things in the spirit, and the shape of all shapes as they must live together like one being.
Black Elk

Grown men can learn from very little children for the hearts of little children are pure. Therefore, the Great Spirit may show to them many things which older people miss.
Black Elk

Grandfather, Great Spirit, once more behold me on earth and lean to hear my feeble voice.
Black Elk

I cured with the power that came through me.
Black Elk

I think I have told you, but if I have not, you must have understood, that a man who has a vision is not able to use the power of it until after he has performed the vision on earth for the people to see.
Black Elk

Yes.

Sometimes dreams are wiser than waking.
Black Elk

Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
Re: Native American Quotes/Proverbs/Wisdom
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 11:49:50 AM »
    Prayer to The Four Directions
    Chief Seattle

Great Spirit of Light, come to me out of the East (red) with the power of the rising sun. Let there be light in my words, let there be light on my path that I walk. Let me remember always that you give the gift of a new day. And never let me be burdened with sorrow by not starting over again.

Great Spirit of Love, come to me with the power of the North (white). Make me courageous when the cold wind falls upon me. Give me strength and endurance for everything that is harsh, everything that hurts, everything that makes me squint. Let me move through life ready to take what comes from the north.

Great Life-Giving Spirit, I face the West (black), the direction of sundown. Let me remember everyday that the moment will come when my sun will go down. Never let me forget that I must fade into you. Give me a beautiful color, give me a great sky for setting, so that when it is my time to meet you, I can come with glory.

Great Spirit of Creation, send me the warm and soothing winds from the South (yellow). Comfort me and caress me when I am tired and cold. Unfold me like the gentle breezes that unfold the leaves on the trees. As you give to all the earth your warm, moving wind, give to me, so that I may grow close to you in warmth. Man did not create the web of life, he is but a strand in it. Whatever man does to the web, he does to himself.

Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 11:53:31 AM »
Cherokee Prayer Blessing

May the Warm Winds of Heaven

Blow softly upon your house.

May the Great Spirit

Bless all who enter there.

May your Mocassins

Make happy tracks

in many snows,

and may the Rainbow

Always touch your shoulder.

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 01:32:35 PM »
Blessed Be.  :-*

tangerine dream

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 02:27:42 PM »
May your Mocassins

Make happy tracks

in many snows,

This is awesome!
 ;D
 ;D
 ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk