Author Topic: Wildness  (Read 209 times)

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
Wildness
« on: August 20, 2006, 01:01:49 PM »
Wildness

We were all born wild like a mountain lion, and to live in civilization we become sheep at a very young age. We become tame. But we are not house pets. We are fierce and wild by nature. Movement between one life situation and another is essential. Movement or action is the key that unlocks the door to understanding. Dream on this. Consider what is left of your instinctual nature. Remember that action is not reaction. It has a lodge of its own. When you see a horse, you become both happy and sad. That horse represents the wildness within yourself that you have never dared to become.

Twin Dreamers, Star Woman
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

erik

Re: Wildness
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 04:04:48 PM »
Interesting statement. Are we born wild? I wonder what she means by wild? I remember that as a kid I was quite often wandering about this world. Even my name did not feel mine. I remember in school a teacher once called me and I was sort of sitting, listening and observing the activities and thinking - who is that boy she is calling?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 04:32:15 PM by gangster »

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 09:30:46 AM »
In my mind, wild is anything untouched and true to its purity. Like an animal we are born, with instincts to act without thought. Wild and untamed to our true nature.

Reason robs us of our primal nature, its super insightful for me to constantly examine my actions and stalk them down to eliminate reason. Leaving me clean to the situation without social conditions.

I find it interesting that you would sort of sepperate from your given name and ponder why at a young age, I like that.

Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

erik

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 05:44:27 PM »
Hehe, there were few occasions like that. Once I puzzled my father thoroughly with a prepared statement and argument why measuring time was utterly ridiculous.

I remember I said it was like forcing a river to flow between banks that have been graded and later on it was all about saying sentences like 'Right, we must hurry now, ten feet of river has flown by!'

The most ridiculous part at that time seemed to be the sight of river bank graded and looking like a ruler.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 05:49:30 PM »
In hindi, the word for tomorrow and yesterday is the same

erik

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 05:55:46 PM »
In Estonian language we have only past and present tenses, no future.

erik

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 06:12:31 PM »
In hindi, the word for tomorrow and yesterday is the same

What a language! They only have a moment to live in.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 06:19:38 PM »
their concept of time is quite different - all of asia has this different concept - it isn't much talked about - would be a good topic for a book, with its implications. Of course they still will know the train leaves at 5pm etc, but underneath there is a very different structural concept.

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 06:20:33 PM »
In my mind, wild is anything untouched and true to its purity. Like an animal we are born, with instincts to act without thought. Wild and untamed to our true nature.

Reason robs us of our primal nature, its super insightful for me to constantly examine my actions and stalk them down to eliminate reason. Leaving me clean to the situation without social conditions.

I often see that social conditioning also allows us to act without thought..

Instinct has been 'corrupted', perverted. I do feel that with the development of the mind, we have something that can carry us beyond our natural instinct - to the level of intuition. Our body then responds instinctively guided by the intuition.
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

erik

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 06:31:59 PM »
Instinct has been 'corrupted', perverted. I do feel that with the development of the mind, we have something that can carry us beyond our natural instinct - to the level of intuition. Our body then responds instinctively guided by the intuition.

Well put! I was looking for any thoughts along these lines in my own mind. :D
I guess that is a thing that bugged me about 'wild'. The lack of role for the 'mind', for mind signifies for me the quality of existence leading to ever-growing self-awareness.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 06:36:00 PM by gangster »

nichi

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2006, 10:12:17 PM »
Jennifer, I can remember a long period in my life when I became intimate with the saying, "gone native" or "gone wild". It happened for me when I was almost exclusively hanging in the woods and gully, near a creek, pretty much communicating with only trees, the critters, the wind.

What happened when I would rejoin with friends and have normal conversation was an awareness that I had left the map, so to speak, of all the things I "had" to do. Expectations. You couldn't reach me anymore, I was listening to something very different by then.

I had to come back to society, not being independently wealthy, to make money. Friends predicted that once I got "in the swing" of daily routine again, that I would "forget all that" from the woods and the critters. Didn't happen that way -- I never forgot. The best I could do was straddle both worlds. 

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2006, 10:21:32 PM »
Jennifer, I can remember a long period in my life when I became intimate with the saying, "gone native" or "gone wild". It happened for me when I was almost exclusively hanging in the woods and gully, near a creek, pretty much communicating with only trees, the critters, the wind.

What happened when I would rejoin with friends and have normal conversation was an awareness that I had left the map, so to speak, of all the things I "had" to do. Expectations. You couldn't reach me anymore, I was listening to something very different by then.

I had to come back to society, not being independently wealthy, to make money. Friends predicted that once I got "in the swing" of daily routine again, that I would "forget all that" from the woods and the critters. Didn't happen that way -- I never forgot. The best I could do was straddle both worlds. 

Gone Native.. Gone Wild.. Primal Living..Primal being..  :-* :-*

Im in hopes of not having to return to society to any deeper degree then I am right now and slip further away into the woods in time.

Straddling both worlds is an excellent way to put it Vicky!

I often feel very much a stranger in this place, communication seems to sometimes be forced like Im on drugs or dreaming.

Would you go back to the woods again?

nichi

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2006, 10:30:52 PM »
Gone Native.. Gone Wild.. Primal Living..Primal being..  :-* :-*

Im in hopes of not having to return to society to any deeper degree then I am right now and slip further away into the woods in time.

Straddling both worlds is an excellent way to put it Vicky!

I often feel very much a stranger in this place, communication seems to sometimes be forced like Im on drugs or dreaming.

Would you go back to the woods again?

If I could, oh yes indeed. Though this time I would perhaps want internet -- maybe I became a little civilized in the meanwhile.

The whole thing is a dream, Jennifer, heh!

:-* :-*

nichi

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2006, 10:56:54 PM »
Oh Jen, I suppose I should mention ...
After being away from people for months and months and months, and I had to re-emerge, I had a new problem -- driving.
At first, this occured even at slow speeds. I couldn't "weed out" all the stimuli. So I saw every piece of trash rolling across the road in front of me, every bird, everything behind me, coming at me, coming in from the sides, all simultaneously. When I would come to a stop light, I questioned: is it really green? Maybe I just think it's green... what do the others think?
Even now, when I come to intersections, I ask myself, "Okay, are we all in agreement here?"

I had to throw this into a matter of faith, that all of us on the road were having the same perceptions. Also, it took great discipline and focus. In time, I learned to do it again.

But I still can't drive the interstates, years later. I'm "interstate-disabled", heh. This can be a problem. But most places worth going can be reached by back roads of some sort or another.

Something I wrote before my re-entry became manageable again:

Metempsychosis

Stop-go inching chokes
The cranky idler. Daring
Demands metallic chromemen
Grumble. Give me. Give me.
Move these nervous, fleshy
Walking things: can you
Not control them?
Crimson-backdropped
In dusk, the day softens
Milling, merging movers.
Twisting, arching trees umbrage
The bravest, darting vehicles,
While wire cages hide
Between the tiny twigs.
(Lost contrast in the nightfall...)
Always, you crush me to the yield --
You bring these intersections
Of leggy trunks and passers,
To burn away my life.
Beamlamps bounce --- reflecting
Stopsigns, vaguely glaring --
And blend in mirrored rearview.
Your eyes are skyward, blissfully
Glimpsing evening stars
Beyond the wire foliage,
While street horizons span
Inside wide windshields --
Distorting sunset's dusky peer.
The road opens wider,
Looking back, full-turned...

VLambert

« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 11:04:22 PM by nichi »

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2006, 11:10:05 PM »
Oh Jen, I suppose I should mention ...
After being away from people for months and months and months, and I had to re-emerge, I had a new problem -- driving.
At first, this occured even at slow speeds. I couldn't "weed out" all the stimuli. So I saw every piece of trash rolling across the road in front of me, every bird, everything behind me, coming at me, coming in from the sides, all simultaneously. When I would come to a stop light, I questioned: is it really green? Maybe I just think it's green... what do the others think?
Even now, when I come to intersections, I ask myself, "Okay, are we all in agreement here?"

I had to throw this into a matter of faith, that all of us on the road were having the same perceptions. Also, it took great discipline and focus. In time, I learned to do it again.

But I still can't drive the interstates, years later. I'm "interstate-disabled", heh. This can be a problem. But most places worth going can be reached by back roads of some sort or another.

Almost all of my travels are by old back dirt roads.. (well, I have no choice thats my only way out! but given the choice from there I go the 'back way') Ive noticed the lack of focus sometimes with taking in the scenes as well. Raven seems to always come into the picuture soaring above the roadway which instantly shifts my awareness back into the primal home. Sometimes I end up at my desired location with little, if any memory at all.

I can balance myself to drive in the city still, although I admit I dislike it greatly I can do it.

If it not for having to go grocery shopping and obligation of my son's school sports.. Id probably not go anywhere other then to more remote places like my home to do some hiking ect...

:-\ I'll never look at a greenlight without glancing into the other's eyes a moment again!!!

:-* Raven

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk