Author Topic: Desent of spirit  (Read 74 times)

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
Desent of spirit
« on: April 18, 2008, 10:24:24 PM »
As I have said, the fourth abstract core of the sorcery stories is called the descent of the spirit, or being moved by intent. In order to let the mysteries of sorcery reveal themselves it is necessary for the spirit to descend. The spirit chooses a moment when a man is distracted, unguarded, and, showing no pity, the spirit lets its presence by itself move the man's assemblage point to a specific position. This spot is known to sorcerers as the place of no pity. Ruthlessness becomes, in this way, the first principle of sorcery.

The first principle should not be confused with the first effect of sorcery apprenticeship, which is the shift between normal and heightened awareness.

To all appearances, having the assemblage point shift is the first thing that actually happens to a sorcery apprentice. So, it is only natural for an apprentice to assume that this is the first principle of sorcery. But it is not. Ruthlessness is the first principle of sorcery.

What we need to do to allow magic to get hold of us is to banish doubt from our minds. Once doubts are banished, anything is possible.

CC POS
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: Desent of spirit
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 11:34:27 PM »
Not directly related, but this reminds me of an item off the radio this week.

Was a man talking about the author of the James Bond novels, Ian Fleming. He was in intelligence during WWII, and he was given the job of organising a special unit of intelligence officers who would move ahead of the troupes, undercover - commando style, like the special forces of today, who are highly trained.

But these men were not highly trained like today, with wives and families back home. He said they were a unique type of men, who were intelligent, resourceful, extremely tough and ruthless. It was association with these men that Fleming drew on for his novels.

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 02:57:58 AM »
Odd this.  I can very easily take the term "sorcery" out this post (the one of Jen's) and it has more than just a familiar ring to it, with regards to my own permanent and massive assemblage point re-location.  I now carry a much, much more present heightened awareness about me as I strive for a new knowledge (my relationship with God) which I am sure will strengthen my newly-needed conviction and surely-ensuing commitment to the will of the Holy Spirit.

Yes, things ARE truly as one chooses to look at them.  And all very good choices, I am sure, should leave one very driven.  And this I am. 

t2f

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 04:21:34 AM »
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk