Author Topic: Jahn's JukeBox  (Read 5330 times)

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
Re: Jahn's JukeBox
« Reply #480 on: May 19, 2012, 04:13:40 PM »
She was quite the robust singer in her day.
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Online Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #481 on: May 19, 2012, 07:37:42 PM »
To be perfectly honest, I'd never heard of her when they said she was dead. But then when they played a few numbers, I thought, yeah, I remember those, vaguely.

Looking at that video you posted Jahn, it makes me feel sad. A life taken up by the Fabulous Machine, while her soul is confused. She was someone to celebrate - she had some excellent gifts to share. But I am disquieted by the aimlessness of popular culture, and those within ... then cancer comes to free them.

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #482 on: May 20, 2012, 01:21:37 AM »
To be perfectly honest, I'd never heard of her when they said she was dead. But then when they played a few numbers, I thought, yeah, I remember those, vaguely.

Looking at that video you posted Jahn, it makes me feel sad. A life taken up by the Fabulous Machine, while her soul is confused. She was someone to celebrate - she had some excellent gifts to share. But I am disquieted by the aimlessness of popular culture, and those within ... then cancer comes to free them.

Larry was telling me that it was through an offhand suggestion she gave to a record producer that she got roped into making "Love to Love You Baby" - an utterly useless, breath-y disco song. On her later "hits", we could hear her actual voice. "Disco" was not large enough for her, but that is how she's remembered. She should have been concentrating on the songs where she could really stretch: she had a fine voice -and strong!  So I see what you mean, M - it is sad.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:23:43 AM by Nichi »
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Jahn

« Reply #483 on: May 20, 2012, 05:01:06 AM »

It is my humble opinion that anyone that has a World hit and survive the next ten, fifteen years, has to be honored. Now Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston made it for some years but finally crashed into drug abuse. And we have seen so many other artists done the same, latest example Amy Winehouse - that now belong to the 27 Club together with Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Brian Jones (The Stones actually) and Kurt Cobain (Nirvana). Now over 35 musicians qualify to that 27 club.

That (hardship to handle the success) is one reason that I consider the Rollings Stones as a remarkable band, Roxy Music does well too, regarding still playing after 40 years, but they do not have the same impact in the common human mind as the Stones.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 05:02:56 AM by Jahn »

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #484 on: May 21, 2012, 11:00:28 AM »
Our generation is dropping like flies... Now Robin Gibb.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Jahn

« Reply #485 on: May 22, 2012, 04:43:10 AM »
Our generation is dropping like flies... Now Robin Gibb.

Yes, I saw that, but poor soul, he was sick for a decade.

Jahn

« Reply #486 on: June 14, 2012, 04:49:38 AM »

Jahn

« Reply #487 on: June 19, 2012, 04:50:26 AM »
Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way - Dance Tour '97

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNM6IuA87eM

Album: Rumours
Release Feb, 1977
Sold over 30 million

« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 04:54:26 AM by Jahn »

Jahn

« Reply #488 on: June 20, 2012, 06:58:24 AM »
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 07:01:00 AM by Jahn »

Jahn

« Reply #489 on: June 21, 2012, 05:06:15 AM »

The Pink Fairies - When's The Fun Begin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p2a8C8Ln8M
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 05:14:21 AM by Jahn »

Jahn

« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:53:06 PM by Jahn »

Jahn

« Reply #491 on: June 29, 2012, 05:31:16 AM »
. A life taken up by the Fabulous Machine, while her soul is confused. She was someone to celebrate - she had some excellent gifts to share. But I am disquieted by the aimlessness of popular culture, and those within ... then cancer comes to free them.

In my medicine school (Not the Toltec) it is said that cancer is caught by those that "Do not love", either them selves or others. It is also said in that Etheric school of mine that - If you have a real flue at least every other year, you will not "get cancer".

Hmm, it was a long time since I had the flue. On the other hand my body seems to be in a constant war to inflammations and virus attacks.

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #492 on: June 29, 2012, 06:25:40 AM »
Nice one there of you and Shakti, Jahn!
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Jahn

« Reply #493 on: June 30, 2012, 04:12:18 AM »
Nice one there of you and Shakti, Jahn!

Thanks V!

Well, it is taken in the early 1980's at our (then my parents) summerhouse.
Heh, a white jacket, that must be the only one that I have owned, the same goes for blue shoes  ;D

Jahn

« Reply #494 on: July 04, 2012, 06:46:42 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk