Author Topic: What's in your bag ?  (Read 239 times)

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
What's in your bag ?
« on: July 17, 2006, 11:57:17 AM »
Peripherals. Like a special mat, certain statues if that is your preference (I currently always bring along a small statue of Durga that came to me in auspicious circumstances), water (always keep some water handy), whatever you like to have about you that speaks potently for the purpose at hand. Michael

As mentioned different items are taken according to purpose as well as desired location. I often head out into the woods for a bit of a hike to some of the places I work and backpacking a ton of stuff isnt important.

I use a deer hide to sit on most of the time, its very thick and warm against the cold evening ground, as well as having the link to my native sibling the deer.

In my backpack at all times...
Candles, cedar and sage for smudging, smuding feather, crystals, journal, matches, water and usually some sort of fruit.

My drum and rattle.. but thats a different post!

What's in your bag?

Raven~

Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

SoulFire

Re: What's in your bag ?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 02:22:27 PM »
Candles
incense
sweetgrass
many different rocks and crystals
lavender and sage
a few pennies
paper
matches

as well
i have some dream items that i carry with me
in a dream bag
a small collapsable stool for sitting on with a native american woven
design on it
a medicine bag
a robe/dress
it's a small bag, but carries a lot of stuff.

erik

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 08:10:19 PM »
A little pendant with Je Tsongkhapa and Dorje Shugden on it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 08:21:59 PM by gangster »

Taimi

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 08:42:44 PM »
I don't have a bag

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 08:46:53 PM »
use your twat

Taimi

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 08:50:23 PM »
yeah, that suits me better

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 08:54:38 PM »
its not just a joke either... so much can be stored and held in a woman's womb... it is a most mysterious organ - place  a flat stone on your belly, not too heavy, and drift off to sleep, you already have treasures in there.

we men have to carry hand bags instead.

Taimi

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 08:59:32 PM »
I didn't think it's just a joke.

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 09:46:40 PM »
Soulfire, Im interested in hearing about your dream bag if you dont mind sharing.

I too have one, my contains (if I can remember all..  I made it a long time ago and have never opened it since)

A bear claw
Owl feather
sage
quartz
my hair
a raven pendant

Im glad you mentioned it here, funny.. Ive only worn it while doing (sleep) dreaming.. I wonder if...

Cool stuff, thanks for sharing :)

Raven~
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

nichi

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 12:02:32 AM »
I retired my bag, years ago.

I keep the feathers I collected for some art I plan to make someday, and I can't find my stone collection, which would be used for gifts at this point, if I could find them.

It's like when I used to do tarot readings... I wanted to kick out the cards, and work clairvoyantly instead. Just a personal goal, not saying all should do so.  The words of a teacher haunt me, "Anything which can be done (ritualistically)  can be done in the mind."

I do always keep pens and paper around, though.

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 01:57:59 AM »
I agree completley V reguarding the use of tools like these, all can be left out and the same work can be done.

For me its part of my personal offering to start the gathering ect of items.. but always the purity remains behind what Im doing instead of getting glued in tonal worried about.. "oh shit I forgot the candles"

Some things also offer me a swift departure like my drum.

Simplicity.. :) I like that too.

SoulFire

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 02:07:14 AM »
Soulfire, Im interested in hearing about your dream bag if you dont mind sharing.

Raven~

I haven't opened my bag yet.
So far I am still adding things.
I got my bag in a journey, from a Native woman.  She had a store and let me pick out anything i I wanted from her store to put in my bag. 
Since then, I occasionally add stuff to the bag in dreams or journeys. 
I got somethign from the witches once, that I added.  It's an object, metal or stone, seems like some kind of symbol, hard to describe but I have drawn it.  And these other ladies gave me a dreamcatcher type thing to put in.  Tommy recenlty helped me make a square dream catcher which he says is more like a guardian/protector thing, so that's in there too.
Also, Dave has given me things to put in my bag.  I would have to go back over the dream to remember exactly, but the medicine bag is form him and also some of the feathers.  Like I said, it's a small bag.  But its full full full!

Peace Jen
hugs
l

Offline Muffin

• Pir
  • Keep the beast in my nature under ceaseless attack
    • Sensorium Dei
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 02:12:36 AM »
I don't have a bag either
What can I use?
Though I'm not sure what could I put inside.
Maybe my dreams, I have nothing else.
"The result of the manifestation is in exact proportion to the force of striving received from the shock." -Gurdjieff, Belzebub's Tales to his grandson

www.sensoriumdei.org

nichi

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 02:39:43 AM »
No need to explain, ((((((((Jen))))))))), I totally understand the attraction.   ;) :) :-*

Simplicity is good. I live in Southern Virginia, which is the home of Pat Robertson, and a little to the west, Jerry Falwell.  Being absolutely indefinable by others is an advantage for me. Though I heard once that the neighborhood kids used to call me a "witch".   Don't know where they got that --- could have been the designs I was making with dead branches in the backyard, don't know.  8)
A few years back, I even gave away/sold my metaphysical/occult library, and believe me, I had quite the collection. Over 200 books. Kept only a few -- 10 or less, for bibliophile's sake.  Kept a tarot deck or two, for conversation's sake.

Had a dream not too long ago where I had a kind of mojo bag full of critters ... but even that was spirit...

SoulFire

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 03:26:45 AM »
oh yeah
and there's a little black kitty in my bag too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk