Author Topic: WE'RE STUFFED!!!  (Read 30832 times)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: WE'RE STUFFED!!!
« Reply #2370 on: April 20, 2023, 02:08:38 PM »
Possibly it's the elevated esteem the Darling Lama has been held, in a world that is desperate for a reference point beyond the venal, that creates such a fuss. Firstly, I expect we are asking far to much of Tenzin Gyatso to fulfil the desperate yearnings of a spiritually lost world - always seeking externally. Secondly, tongue sucking - honestly, who cares?

Doubting Thomas

« Reply #2371 on: April 22, 2023, 08:47:26 AM »
Above all, I think, it will resonate with Tibetan Buddhists, for whom the Dalai Lama is the embodiment of Buddha. Will Buddha ask anybody to suck his tongue? Hardly.

If, however, the Dalai Lama is not the embodiment of Buddha, what will become of a religion that has as one of its foundations the belief that Buddha incarnates again and again as the religious leader of the Tibetans?

Buddha's teachings as a whole are neither hot nor cold about this. A teaching is a teaching, and whoever wants to transform it into a way of life for himself will keep pushing with or without Dalai Lama.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 06:28:04 AM by Doubting Thomas »

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #2372 on: November 07, 2023, 08:43:25 PM »
I used to hate this flowering thread but...considering we in the end times for real.

Let's resurrect this SOB with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY

"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #2373 on: November 07, 2023, 08:47:45 PM »
We are stuffed, so "Hi Elon!" He has the bright idea to take folks to Mars. Now prior he said 2029. But with all this war shit, Im wondering if he is fueling shit up right now. Just wondering:

https://www.ndtv.com/feature/after-starship-test-elon-musk-says-it-is-highly-likely-man-will-go-to-mars-within-10-years-3772163

This Article is From Feb 11, 2023

After Starship Test, Elon Musk Says It Is "Highly Likely" Man Will Go To Mars Within 10 Years
As per SpaceX's website, the Starship rocket will "carry both crew and cargo to Earth orbit, the Moon, Mars and beyond."

SpaceX founder and CEO Elon Musk has once again said that it is "highly likely" man will go to Mars within 10 years, putting his timeframe down to the fact he is "congenitally optimistic".
Mr Musk on Friday retweeted a video posted by his aerospace firm showing a successful test fire of its Starship prototype's booster rocket. "One day, Starship will take us to Mars," he wrote in the caption of his post. Notably, Starship, at its full capacity, is the most powerful rocket ever developed. As per SpaceX's website, it will "carry both crew and cargo to Earth orbit, the Moon, Mars and beyond."

On Friday, responding to his retweet, when one user asked Mr Musk about when humans will be able to go to the red planet, the SpaceX boss said, "I must admit to being congenitally optimistic (SpaceX & Tesla wouldn't exist otherwise), but I think 5 years is possible and 10 years is highly likely."

The SpaceX video showed engineers conducting a static fire test. According to Mr Musk, 31 out of 33 engines at the base of the vehicle were ignited simultaneously. "Team turned off 1 engine just before start & 1 stopped itself, so 31 engines fired overall. But still enough engines to reach orbit," he tweeted. As per The New York Times, had all 33 engines been fired up at full power, this would have been the most powerful rocket ever ignited.

Meanwhile, Elon Musk has teased when humans will reach Mars for years predicting a 2029 landing most recently. Taking to Twitter last year in March, he said that he now sees 2029 as the earliest date humans might first step on Mars.

More recently, the Tesla and SpaceX CEO even spoke more about his Mars mission. In a tweet addressed to former Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, Mr Musk said that he was hopeful of getting people on Mars by 2029.

Notably, if Mr Musk's target date slips much further into the 2030s, it will be very close to when the US space agency NASA is aiming to send the first astronauts to Mars.

"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
Re: WE'RE STUFFED!!! - Not according to Elon!
« Reply #2374 on: November 07, 2023, 08:51:17 PM »
Elon Says we aren't populating enough.  :o

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/30/health/elon-musk-population-collapse-wellness/index.html

Elon Musk thinks the population will collapse. Demographers say it’s not happening
Jen Christensen
By Jen Christensen, CNN
Updated 9:29 AM EDT, Tue August 30, 2022

Billionaire Elon Musk tweeted, not for the first time, that “population collapse due to low birth rates is a much bigger risk to civilization than global warming.” Climate change is a serious problem facing the planet and experts say it’s difficult to compare problems.

What is clear, demographers say, is that the global population is growing, despite declines in some parts of the world, and it shouldn’t be collapsing any time soon – even with birth rates at lower levels than in the past.

“He’s better off making cars and engineering than at predicting the trajectory of the population,” said Joseph Chamie, a consulting demographer and a former director of the United Nations Population Division, who has written several books about population issues.

“Yes, some countries, their population is declining, but for the world, that’s just not the case.”

Population projections by the numbers
The world’s population is projected to reach 8 billion by mid-November of this year, according to the United Nations. The UN predicts the global population could grow to around 8.5 billion in just 8 years.

By 2080, the world’s population is expected to peak at 10.4 billion. Then there’s a 50% chance that the population will plateau or begin to decrease by 2100. More conservative models like the one published in 2020 in the Lancet anticipate the global population would be about 8.8 billion people by 2100.

It’s true that what’s driving current population growth is not a higher birth rate. What drives global population growth is that fewer people are dying young. Global life expectancy was 72.8 years in 2019, an increase of nine years since 1990. That is expected to increase to 77.2 years by 2050.

It now costs more than $300,000 to raise a child, thanks to inflation
Globally, the fertility rate has not “collapsed,” nor should it, according to the UN, but it has dropped significantly.

In 1950, women typically had five births each; globally, last year, it was 2.3 births. By 2050, the UN projects a further global decline to 2.1 births per woman.

In some countries, it is lower. In the US the 1950s, it was 3.6 births per woman, it slipped to 1.6 in 2020, according to the World Bank. In Italy, it was 1.2; in Japan, it was 1.3; in China, 1.2. In January 2022, the country announced the birth rate fell for the fifth year in a row, even with the repeal of the one child policy, allowing couples to have up to three children as of 2021.

“Virtually every developed country is below two, and it’s been that way for 20 or 30 years,” Chamie said. Most countries have gone through what’s called a demographic transition.

Abortion laws impact people trying to become pregnant, too
The only continent that hasn’t finished this transition, he said, is parts of Africa, where there are 15 to 20 countries where the average number of children couples have is five. But in those countries, children still face high death rates. The infant mortality rate for kids under 5 is 8 to 10 times higher than in developed regions, and maternal mortality is more than double, Chamie said.

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #2375 on: November 07, 2023, 08:56:22 PM »
My assessment. EVERYONE knows the issue is overpopulation. Birth control esp can curtail it. But we have stupid fundamentalists banning abortion and even trying to stop women from access to birth control claiming its Gods Will and...its all to control women and the womb.

Handmaid's Tale.

I dont buy Elon's statement for one minute. He's a fox. And him taking over Twitter and calling it X. I really think he wants to take the creeps to mars to suffer it out. It would be a reasonable solution to take Lucifer and his band of cronies and any other war mongers over there to do their war shit there. Get em off earth to save it. Cause he has said nice things about earth.

He knows the math. There is no way he doesnt know the math and that we have an overpopulation problem. He headed over where all the creeps hang out, bought it, kicked off their protective totem - the blue twitter bird - and I suspect, with shit hitting the fan - he may speedy it up getting those star ships full of punks and get em off earth. Thats what I think. With everyone scared with all this drama going on and fear rules everything - I think he will ship em quicker off the planet. But thats just me. I could be wrong.

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #2376 on: November 07, 2023, 09:10:09 PM »
So there is a way to look at Elon's tweets without going to twitter.

He is a clown and being a complete inner child on that thing. Says lots of stupid shit like "Im gonna buy Coca Cola to put the cocaine back in" and other crazy stuff. He is playing a game!

But once in a blue moon he drops something serious. I snipped this. Also I have seen him in interviews and he doesnt act like this at all. Hes very serious.

I know what he is doing. Trying to earn the trust of the dum dums. I see the game. Now I do believe he is serious about free speech. But I dont buy one minute he supports the "basket of deplorables."

All warfare is based on deception.

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #2377 on: November 07, 2023, 09:15:14 PM »
This is my evidence Elon is playing a game. Ron Desantis aka "Ron the Con" went to him to do his campaign for pres. It got "flowered up" due to tech stuff aha sure aha but this "campaign video" made, with ELON mixed in, is ELON sending a message to the nerds who know what he is up to.

Im gonna have a smoke then watch this video again. This video always makes me laugh HARD cause I KNOW what Elon is doing!  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A0NeHAJW3A&t=133s

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #2378 on: November 07, 2023, 09:35:07 PM »
ON A SERIOUS NOTE.

I agree. Biden NEEDS to drop out of the race. This is Obama's advisor talking. He is trailing Trump in the swing states.

I talk to folks all the time. MANY folks arent happy with Biden. Right now, two wars brewing, and inflation is HIGH. If Biden stays in this race, the risk for Trump to win is pretty HUGE. Pretty HUGE. Now other candidates have a shot. Marianne Williamson, is actually reaching the young. I DESPISE tiktok. But one, she is a lightworker. Two, the young folks like her. Three, she has solid ass ideas. I also support reparations for African Americans.

If Biden stays in the race, its an utterly selfish move. Utterly selfish. Esp cause while he may not be ALL the blame of the stuff going on, cause Trump damaged the economy with his disgraceful way of handling (that word is a "joke") covid. It doesnt matter. I talk to people all day long. Many are supporting Trump who is so flowered up, cause they hate Biden that much. But if he drops the flower out, then we can have a candidate who can run against Trump, and others on the fence or even want someone else, will consider:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4294394-axelrod-suggests-biden-drop-out-of-2024-presidential-race/

Axelrod suggests Biden drop out of 2024 presidential race
BY MIRANDA NAZZARO - 11/05/23 1:28 PM ET

Former President Obama’s senior adviser David Axelrod on Sunday suggested President Biden drop out of the 2024 presidential race in the wake of a new poll showing the incumbent trailing former President Trump.

Pointing to a New York Times and Siena College poll published Sunday, Axelrod wrote on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter: “It’s very late to change horses; a lot will happen in the next year that no one can predict & Biden’s team says his resolve to run is firm.”

Arguing Biden is “justly proud of his accomplishments,” Axelrod said Biden’s poll numbers will “send tremors of doubt” through the Democratic Party.

“Not ‘bed-wetting,'” but legitimate concern, Axelrod wrote.

“Trump is a dangerous, unhinged demagogue whose brazen disdain for the rules, [norms], laws and institutions or democracy should be disqualifying,” Axelrod wrote in a separate post. “But the stakes of miscalculation here are too dramatic to ignore.”

“Only @JoeBiden can make this decision,” he continued. “If he continues to run, he will be the nominee of the Democratic Party. What he needs to decide is whether that is wise; whether it’s in HIS best interest or the country’s?”

The poll found Biden trailing Trump in five out of six battleground states including Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada and Pennsylvania by margins of 3 to 10 percentage points among registered voters. In Wisconsin, Biden was ahead by 2 percentage points, according to the poll.

The poll’s findings serve as a major blow to Biden’s campaign after the incumbent carried all six states in 2020 when up against Trump, The New York Times reported.

Biden’s reelection campaign has faced growing concerns from voters within his own party over his age and policy actions on various issues, notably the economy.

The poll found that 71 percent of registered voters said they agree to some degree that Biden is “just too old to be an effective president,” while only 39 percent said the same about Trump.

Asked if Biden has the “mental sharpness to be an effective president,” 62 percent of participants said no, while 35 percent agreed with the statement. Meanwhile, 52 percent of participants said they believe Trump has the mental sharpness to be an effective president, while 44 percent said he does not.

Biden has faced criticism over his age since his 2020 campaign, and this criticism has continued throughout his time in the White House. At 80, Biden is the oldest U.S. president in history.

If reelected in 2024, he would be 86 at the end of his second term. 

Axelrod called Biden’s age is “his biggest liability” and something he cannot change.

“Among all the unpredictables there is one thing that is sure: the age arrow only points in one direction,” Axelrod wrote on X.

Axelrod’s comments follow a series of calls from some Democrats who have suggested Biden’s age makes him “too old” to run for reelection next year. The president has argued it is fair for voters to discuss his age, but he has said they should judge him on his ability to perform the job.

The New York Times/Siena College poll was conducted among 3,662 registered voters in Arizona, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin from Oct. 22 to Nov. 3, 2023. The margin of sampling error for each state is between 4.4 and 4.8 percentage points.

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #2379 on: November 07, 2023, 09:43:36 PM »
I watched the horses run as a kid. We would call her "the longshot." And yet, I know what can happen when a horse comes around the stretch...

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4289406-phillips-trailing-williamson-in-new-poll/

Phillips trailing Williamson in new poll after campaign launch

BY CAROLINE VAKIL - 11/02/23 9:50 AM ET

Rep. Dean Phillips (D-Minn.) is trailing both President Biden and progressive candidate Marianne Williamson in the Democratic presidential primary, according to a recent poll. 

A Quinnipiac University national poll released on Wednesday showed Phillips receiving 6 percent support among Democrats and those leaning Democrat, while Biden brought in 77 percent and Williamson received 8 percent. “The Young Turks” founder Cenk Uygur received 2 percent.

The survey also found that 63 percent of those voters said they could change their mind depending on what happens leading up to the primary. Thirty-four percent, however, said they were firmly set on their choice for the 2024 Democratic presidential nomination.

Still, the polling underscores the steep climb that Phillips faces in a Democratic primary after he launched a longshot bid to take on the president last Friday.

Though Biden has grappled with an underwater approval rating and polling where voters have pointed to age as a major concern for the president, he’s faced little in the way of a competitive primary challenge. 

Since Phillips’s announcement, members of the party have expressed anxiety and outrage over his decision to launch a bid. A source close to the Biden campaign, however, told The Hill last week that it had greeted the Phillips’s news “with a shrug.”

The Quinnipiac University national poll was conducted Oct. 26-30 with 1,610 registered voters surveyed.

The margin of error overall is plus or minus 2.4 percentage points. The margin of error specifically for the 695 Democratic and leaning Democratic voters surveyed was plus or minus 3.7 percentage points. 

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #2380 on: November 07, 2023, 09:47:56 PM »
But then Kamala Harris. If Biden was smart, he would step back, and let her run.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/sep/10/kamala-harris-joe-biden-2024-election

Kamala Harris says she’s prepared to serve as president ‘if necessary’

Vice-president dismisses opponents’ attacks that president is too old to seek out a second term and says ‘he’s going to be fine’

Kamala Harris on Sunday declared herself ready to assume the presidency if it ever behooved her to do so – but she also made it a point to dismiss opponents’ political attacks that Joe Biden is too old to seek a second term in the Oval Office.

Asked on CBS’s Face the Nation whether she was prepared to serve as commander-in-chief in case Biden became unable to carry out his duties, Harris said: “Yes, I am, if necessary.”

“But Joe Biden is going to be fine,” Harris said. “And let me tell you something: I work with Joe Biden every day.”

Harris, who would become the first woman to serve as US president if Biden could not complete an elected term, told Face the Nation host Margaret Brennan that it would not be a novel experience for her to make history in such a fashion.

She alluded to how she was the first woman elected as district attorney of San Francisco and as attorney general of California. As a US senator for California, “I represented one in eight Americans” before becoming the country’s first ever female vice-president.

“Listen, this is not new,” Harris said. “There’s nothing new about that.”

Harris’s defense of her qualifications and of Biden’s vitality come as Republicans attack the incumbent 80-year-old Democratic president’s age. If he wins another term during the 2024 election, Biden – already the oldest president ever – would be 86 upon leaving office.

Public opinion polling shows that more than two-thirds of the American public think Biden is too old to effectively serve a second term. And, seizing on those findings, Republicans have sought to portray the prospect of Harris being one heartbeat away from the presidency as a scary prospect.

“I pray every night for Joe Biden’s good health – not only because he’s our president, but because of who our vice-president is,” Republican presidential hopeful Chris Christie said in a clip played by Brennan on Sunday.

Brennan played another clip in which Christie’s fellow Republican presidential candidate Ron DeSantis insulted Harris as Biden’s “impeachment insurance”.

“People know if she were president – Katy, bar the door,” DeSantis said on the clip, invoking an American colloquialism meaning that there’s trouble incoming. “As bad as Biden did, it would get worse.”

Both Christie and DeSantis substantially trail the frontrunner for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination: Biden’s White House predecessor, Donald Trump. Trump maintains his polling edge over his Republican competition despite facing 91 pending criminal charges across four separate indictments for his 2020 election subversion, his retention of classified documents after his defeat to Biden forced him out of the Oval Office and hush-money payments to the adult film star Stormy Daniels.

Harris on Sunday parried the Republican verbal volleys against the Biden administration by referring to lower crime rates, falling inflation and relatively quieter times at the US-Mexico border more than halfway through the Democratic incumbents’ third year in office.

“They feel the need to attack because they’re scared that we will win based on the merit of the work that Joe Biden and I, and our administration, has done,” Harris said.

A CBS poll published Sunday generally found supporters of Harris’s party are satisfied with her, though not as enthusiastic as they were in 2020.

In her interview with Brennan, Harris also said that Congress needed to strive to restore the federal abortion rights which had been established by Roe v Wade but then repealed last year by the US supreme court’s conservatives. Most Americans believe abortion should be legal to some degree, particularly in the first trimester of pregnancy, according to polling.

Harris dismissed Republican claims that Democrats support abortion up until birth as “ridiculous” and a “mischaracterization”.

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #2381 on: November 08, 2023, 05:58:13 PM »
Nailed it - in two minutes

The "trickle down farce" Reagan ruined us with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS3ISw7Juls

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #2382 on: November 09, 2023, 01:02:12 PM »
Military "budget." Succiently stated in 1.40 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p577M8xt-tg

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
Re: WE'RE STUFFED!!! and WE'RE HOT!
« Reply #2383 on: January 17, 2024, 06:12:35 PM »
I was going thru the beginning of these posts. Everyone is so grim on it all.

GREED has done so much damage to this planet. Huge corps owning politicians so they could profit by raping the planet and destroying it all, all to line the pockets of the rich.

Its darkness and straight up evil, frankly, to destroy a planet we NEED to live on, for humanity to survive.

Hottest day on earth was LAST YEAR. Hottest day EVER.

From BBC 8 days ago:

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-24021772

What is climate change? A really simple guide

Human activities are causing world temperatures to rise, with more intense heatwaves and rising sea-levels among the consequences.

Things are likely to worsen in the coming decades, but scientists argue urgent action can limit the worst effects of climate change.

What is climate change?

Climate change is the long-term shift in the Earth's average temperatures and weather conditions.

Over the last decade, the world was on average around 1.2C warmer than during the late 19th Century.

It has now been confirmed that 2023 was the warmest year on record, driven by human-caused climate change and boosted by the natural El Niño weather event. The last nine years were all among the nine warmest years on record.

(Look at this graph - shit)

How are humans causing climate change?

The climate has changed throughout the Earth's history and natural factors, such as El Niño, can affect the weather for shorter periods of time, like in 2023.

But natural causes cannot explain the particularly rapid warming seen in the last century, according to the UN's climate body, the IPCC.

This long-term climate change has been caused by human activity, the IPCC says, mainly from the widespread use of fossil fuels - coal, oil and gas - in homes, factories and transport.

When fossil fuels burn, they release greenhouse gases - mostly carbon dioxide (CO2). This traps extra energy in the atmosphere near the Earth's surface, causing the planet to heat up.

Since the start of the Industrial Revolution - when humans started burning large amounts of fossil fuels - the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere has risen by about 50%.

The CO2 released from burning fossil fuels has a distinctive chemical fingerprint which matches the type increasingly found in the atmosphere.

What are the effects of climate change so far?

A global average temperature increase of 1.2C might not sound much.

However, it has already had a huge effect on the environment, including:

more frequent and intense extreme weather, such as heatwaves and heavy rainfall
rapid melting of glaciers and ice sheets, contributing to sea-level rise
huge declines in Arctic sea-ice
ocean warming
People's lives are also changing.

For example, parts of East Africa suffered their worst drought in 40 years, putting more than 20 million people at risk of severe hunger.

In 2022, intense European heatwaves led to an abnormal increase in deaths.

How will future climate change affect the world?

The more temperatures increase, the worse the impacts of climate change become.

Limiting long-term temperature rises to 1.5C is crucial, according to the IPCC.

The science is not completely certain, but the consequences of 2C global warming versus 1.5C could include:

Extreme hot days would be on average 4C warmer at mid-latitudes (regions outside the poles and tropics), versus 3C at 1.5C
Sea-level rise would be 0.1m higher than at 1.5C, exposing up to 10 million more people to events including more frequent flooding
More than 99% of coral reefs would be lost, compared with 70-90% at 1.5C
Twice the number of plants and vertebrates (animals with a backbone) would be exposed to unsuitable climate conditions across more than half the geographical area where they are found
Several hundred million more people may be exposed to climate-related risks and susceptible to poverty by 2050 than at 1.5C.
The call to limit temperature rise to 1.5C was partly designed to avoid crossing so-called "tipping points".

After these thresholds are crossed, changes could accelerate and become irreversible, such as the collapse of the Greenland Ice Sheet. However, it's not clear precisely where these thresholds sit.

About 3.3 to 3.6 billion people are highly vulnerable to climate change, according to the IPCC.

People living in poorer countries are expected to suffer most as they have fewer resources to adapt.

This has led to questions about fairness, because these places have typically only been responsible for a small percentage of greenhouse gas emissions.

However, knock-on impacts could be felt over wide areas. For example, crop failures linked to extreme weather could raise global food prices.

What are governments doing about climate change?

In a landmark agreement signed in Paris in 2015, almost 200 countries pledged to try to keep global warming to 1.5C.

To achieve this, "net zero" CO2 emissions should be reached by 2050. Net zero means reducing greenhouse gas emissions as much as possible, and removing any remaining emissions from the atmosphere.

Most countries have, or are considering, net zero targets.

However, greenhouse gas levels are still rising quickly and the world is "likely" to warm beyond 1.5C, the IPCC says.

However, there has been progress in some areas like the growth of renewable energy and electric vehicles.

World leaders meet every year to discuss their climate commitments.

The most recent UN climate change summit, COP28, was held in the United Arab Emirates. For the first time, countries agreed to "contribute" to "transitioning away from fossil fuels", although they are not forced to take action.

The next conference, COP29, will be held in Azerbaijan in November 2024.

What can individuals do?

Major changes need to come from governments and businesses, but individuals can also help:

take fewer flights
use less energy
improve home insulation and energy efficiency
switch to electric vehicles or live car-free
replace gas central heating with electric systems like heat pumps
eat less red meat

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #2384 on: January 17, 2024, 11:00:07 PM »
"What can individuals do?

Major changes need to come from governments and businesses, but individuals can also help:

take fewer flights
use less energy
improve home insulation and energy efficiency
switch to electric vehicles or live car-free
replace gas central heating with electric systems like heat pumps
eat less red meat"

I've seen this before, and I question the approach.
Remember, what is described here is what is termed your 'personal carbon footprint'. That term was coined by think tanks working for the fossil fuel industry, to get people who become worried about global warming ('Climate Change' was also coined by the same think tanks) to focus on their own little situation, and become obsessed with guilt-tripping each other. They know perfectly well that there is nothing individuals can do in this way that will make the slightest skerrick of difference - it was a distraction device.

The problem is that individual members of the public - you and me - have absolutely no comprehension of the vast size of national and international industry. The sheer size of manufacturing and resource extraction if far beyond anything we could possibly conceive. There is absolutely no way global warming can be arrested unless government flexes its muscle, because business simply can't - it's too late for that.

And governments will only act once the public is sufficiently horrified and outraged to force them to act against their own business funding bodies. Things will need to get a lot worse yet, because the changes have happened slowly for the human mind - the frog in the boiling water syndrome.

The only action individuals can meaningfully take is to ORGANISE and fight for change of policy in government.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk