Author Topic: WE'RE STUFFED!!!  (Read 30753 times)

Offline Zamurito

• Pir
    • Impeccability
Re: WE'RE STUFFED!!!
« Reply #300 on: November 12, 2007, 04:21:05 AM »

;)Amen to that!   Being a person who studies words, I've often felt that "paranoid" is just a term devised by the consensus reality to describe a person who is more keenly aware of subtle messages than most.  *heh*

Hey D!

Eh, like I've said before, just becaue I'm paranoid doesn't mean somethings still not out to get me ;)

z
"Discipline is, indeed, the supreme joy of feeling reverent awe; of watching, with your mouth open, whatever is behind those secret doors."

Jahn

« Reply #301 on: November 13, 2007, 04:52:27 AM »
;)Amen to that!   Being a person who studies words, I've often felt that "paranoid" is just a term devised by the consensus reality to describe a person who is more keenly aware of subtle messages than most.  *heh*

Apropos paranoia.
Remember the story about Saddam Hussein (or was it Lenin)?

The big dictator's friends and relatives was concerned about the health of their leader, they thought he had shown some sign to be paranoid and to have severe psychological stress so they called a Dr that was supposed to do some tests without being revealed.

Well the Dr studied Hussein (and/or Lenin) for quite some time and then reported back to the group. I got good news he said, your leader is not sick. But then he told them:
- I got bad news as well - Everybody is after him!

Offline Quantum Shaman

• Pir
  • Destruction of faith is the beginning of evolution
    • Quantum Shaman
« Reply #302 on: November 13, 2007, 10:32:01 AM »
Apropos paranoia.
Remember the story about Saddam Hussein (or was it Lenin)?

The big dictator's friends and relatives was concerned about the health of their leader, they thought he had shown some sign to be paranoid and to have severe psychological stress so they called a Dr that was supposed to do some tests without being revealed.

Well the Dr studied Hussein (and/or Lenin) for quite some time and then reported back to the group. I got good news he said, your leader is not sick. But then he told them:
- I got bad news as well - Everybody is after him!

That's pretty funny!  Thanks for the laugh - I needed one today.   :D
"You have to be immortal before you will know how to become immortal."
Quantum Shaman  | Quantum Shaman on Facebook

Offline Quantum Shaman

• Pir
  • Destruction of faith is the beginning of evolution
    • Quantum Shaman
« Reply #303 on: November 15, 2007, 03:33:34 AM »
Just wanted to say hi. It's been a long time. I read your book and enjoyed it. Your post above made me think of a section in your book regarding a red hearse, and a baby crib and something you wrote about "the nagual having a wicked sense of humor". Earlier this year on a drive with a friend to Myrtle Beach/Charleston, I recalled some things in your book and decided to give it a try....

Hey, Chance!  Good to see you here!  :)

Also, thanks for sharing with me the anecdotes of your adventure.  I've really found that that little trick of "creating reality" works - seeming to reveal the underpinnings of the active force of intent.  So, that sense of humor of the nagual just keeps me smiling most of the time.

I can't recall if I included this in the book or not, but one of the most "successful" attempts at this type of creation/manifestation occurred while Wendy and I were on a freeway in Los Angeles, heading home late at night.  I said to her that I wanted to see a lion.  Her reaction was not particularly optimistic... until we came around a bend in the freeway, only to see a HUGE sign comprised entirely of lights, in the shape of a lion's head - the sign on the roof of the theater where THE LION KING was playing (of which we had no knowledge).

What's interesting to me is that you were actively LOOKING for these manifestations and they were forthcoming.  In my own experiments, I've found that I literally have to put out the intent and then release it (in other words, almost forget about it) and then it will be forthcoming.  On the times when I've tried to actively LOOK for the objects I have intended, the success rate is much lower.  I can only attribute that to the possibility that by releasing the energy, I am allowing it to go forth & manifest, whereas by "holding" the energy, perhaps I am "restricting" its natural flow.

But if your efforts are any indication, it certainly seems that it works either way - which is very cool!  I'm glad to know that, as it gives me a new perspective for my own ongoing experiments in that direction.

A good friend of mine was razzing me recently, and basically said, "Well, pumpkins & cribs are all fine and good, but why not manifest a doorway to another world, or a wise old man like don Juan."

When I thought about that in meditation later that night, I found myself laughing out loud.  That's the work we're ALL doing, I realized.  We are the doorway and each of us is our own don Juan when we can really make that connection to the higher self/double - the gnosis of silent knowing.

That just left me with a big grin on my face for quite awhile.  :)

Good to hear from you - and glad you liked the book!

Della
"You have to be immortal before you will know how to become immortal."
Quantum Shaman  | Quantum Shaman on Facebook

nichi

« Reply #304 on: November 16, 2007, 09:07:52 PM »
Powerful cyclone kills 242 in Bangladesh
By PARVEEN AHMED, Associated Press Writer
9 minutes ago

DHAKA, Bangladesh - A cyclone killed 242 people and left much of southern Bangladesh cut off from the rest of the country before heading inland and losing strength Friday, officials said.

Tropical Cyclone Sidr roared across the country's southwestern coast late Thursday with driving rain and high waves, spawning a 4-foot water surge that left low-lying areas and some offshore islands under water, according to Nahid Sultana, an official at a cyclone control room in the capital, Dhaka.

But by early Friday, the cyclone had weakened into a tropical storm and was moving across the country to the northeast, the department said, adding that while skies remained overcast, wind speed had fallen to 37 mph.

The cyclone flattened thousands of flimsy straw and mud huts, uprooted trees, electricity and telephone poles, and destroyed crops and fish farms in 15 coastal districts, local government officials and witnesses said.

The worst hit areas were communities in southern Bangladesh where most of the victims were killed by falling trees or debris from collapsing homes, while some drowned after falling off boats, Sultana said.

Much of the region remained without electricity and phone lines Friday, while blocked roads, rails and rivers left many areas cut off.

Power and communications in Dhaka were also down. Strong winds uprooted trees, snapped power and telephone lines, and sent billboards flying through the air, injuring several people, said Ashraful Zaman, another official at the cyclone control room.

At least 650,000 coastal villagers moved Thursday to cyclone shelters where they were given emergency rations, Ali Imam Majumder, a senior government official, told reporters in Dhaka.

On Friday, government and volunteer agencies dispatched relief and medical teams to the affected areas, where they had already sent dry foods, medicines, tents and blankets, he said.

Operations remained suspended at the country's two main seaports — Chittagong and Mongla — while ferry services and flights were yet to resume in the coastal region, authorities said.

The storm spared India's eastern coast, where the weather was calm Friday. India's Meteorological Department had forecast heavy rain and flooding in West Bengal and Orissa states.

Bangladesh, a low-lying delta nation, is prone to seasonal cyclones and floods that cause huge losses of life and property. The coastal area borders eastern India and is famous for the mangrove forests of the Sundarbans, a world heritage site that is home to rare Royal Bengal Tigers.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071116/ap_on_re_as/bangladesh_cyclone

nichi

« Reply #305 on: November 19, 2007, 02:47:31 AM »
I figured that first death count was too low ...

Over 2,200 die in Bangladesh cyclone
By PARVEEN AHMED, Associated Press Writer
Sun Nov 18, 6:03 AM ET

DHAKA, Bangladesh - The death toll from a cyclone that devastated Bangladesh has surpassed 2,200, officials said Sunday, while rescuers struggled through blocked paths to reach hundreds of thousands of survivors awaiting aid in wrecked homes and flooded fields.

The government deployed military helicopters, naval ships and thousands of troops to join international agencies and local officials in the rescue mission following Tropical Cyclone Sidr. The U.S. and other countries also offered assistance.

At least 2,206 people have died since the storm struck Bangladesh on Thursday, said Selina Shahid of the Ministry of Food and Disaster Management. The toll could rise still higher as more information comes in from battered regions.

Disaster Management Secretary Aiyub Bhuiyan met Sunday with representatives from the United Nations and international aid groups to discuss the massive relief effort.

"The donors wanted to know about our plan and how they can come forward to stand by the victims," Bhuiyan told reporters. "We have briefed them about what we need immediately."

Rescuers struggled to clear roads and get their vehicles through, but many found the way impassable. "We will try again ... on bicycles, and hire local country boats," M. Shakil Anwar of CARE said from the city of Khulna.

At least 1.5 million coastal villagers had fled to shelters where they were given emergency rations, said senior government official Ali Imam Majumder in the capital, Dhaka.

The worst-hit area was Bagerhat district, where 610 people died, said Ashraful Zaman, an official at a cyclone monitoring center in Dhaka.

"We have seen more bodies floating in the sea," fisherman Zakir Hossain from the country's southwest said, after reaching shore with two decomposing bodies he and other fishermen had found on their way.

Sidr's 150 mph winds smashed tens of thousands of homes Thursday in southwestern Bangladesh and ruined crops just before the harvest season. Ferries were flung ashore like toy boats.

Aid organizations said they feared food shortages and contaminated water could lead to widespread problems if people remain stranded.

Storms batter impoverished, low-lying Bangladesh every year, often killing large numbers of people. This time a government early warning program saved a vast number of lives, U.N. Resident Coordinator Renata Dessallien said in a statement.

However, property damage was massive. Many evacuees who returned home Saturday found their bamboo-and-straw huts flattened.

"We survived, but what we need now is help to rebuild our homes," said Chand Miah of the small island of Maran Char.

An estimated 2.7 million people were affected and 773,000 houses were damaged, according to the Ministry of Disaster Management. Roughly 250,000 cattle and poultry perished, and crops were destroyed along huge swaths of land.

The government said it has allocated $5.2 million in emergency aid for rebuilding houses.

Several countries pledged to help.

The U.S. government has provided $2.1 million in initial emergency relief, White House press secretary Dana Perino said, noting that President Bush offered condolences to victims.

She said that the ships USS Essex and the USS Kearsage were en route to Bangladesh to help with relief operations, and that the U.S. would airlift 35 tons of non-food items such as plastic sheeting and hygiene kits.

The United Nations released $7 million, while the German government offered $731,000. The European Union released $2.2 million, and British officials said they would give $5 million.

The Rome-based World Food Program was rushing in food, and the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society was sending thousands of workers to stricken areas.

erik

« Reply #306 on: November 19, 2007, 05:57:09 AM »
They say it is over 3,000 already and rising. This is not the last we'll hear from Bangladesh. There are 150.5 million people, most parts of Bangladesh are less than 12 metres (39 ft) above the sea level, and it is believed that about 50% of the land would be flooded if the sea level were to rise by 1 metre (3 ft). Numbers tell the extent of inevitable holocaust.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 06:03:15 AM by erik »

Offline TIOTIT

• Yogi
« Reply #307 on: December 11, 2007, 12:56:54 PM »
I've seen a couple of stories out of the States in the last week
about  gunmen always referred to as "shooters" going on a
rampage through shopping malls,churches and schools.
Then I saw this story about a presidential candidate,who likes
guns ....and religion...the best mix....I wonder if the "shooters"
feel like the angels help them to?...mass psychosis....

But what about angels? As I've noted previously and elsewhere, Huckabee gave a rather intriguing speech at the NRA in September, during which he deftly merged his heartfelt evangelical beliefs with his deep passion for gun rights and hunting. He recalled the time he was in an antelope hunting contest in Wyoming. After several hours of stalking prey on a miserably cold, windy and snowy day, Huckabee had his chance. An antelope was 250 yards away, but right at the edge of his range as a "Shooter". Then a miracle happened....praise the lord!!!!

I decided that one way or the other, this hunt is about to be over, because I can't stand any more of this cold. And somehow, by the grace of God, when I squeezed the trigger, my Weatherby .300 Mag, which has got to be the greatest gun, I think, ever made in the form of a rifle -- for my sake in hunting, I've never squeezed the trigger and not gotten something -- did its work, and somehow the angels took that bullet and went right to the antelope, and my hunt was over in a wonderful way.

Thanks to those angels, that elk was dead.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 12:58:49 PM by TIOTIT »

nichi

« Reply #308 on: December 11, 2007, 01:01:43 PM »
Unbelievable, eh?

As dramatic as these incidents are, I'd like to think that the mindset you're describing isn't the majority in the us. (I could be wrong.) But there is a thread, no doubt about it, of good old boys, who praise the lord and pass the beer and ammunition.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 08:10:09 PM by nichi »

nichi

« Reply #309 on: December 11, 2007, 02:34:14 PM »
Beautiful and treacherous, ice storms aren't something all parts of the us are prepared for.

Ice storm causes blackouts, 17 deaths
By KEN MILLER, Associated Press Writer
3 minutes ago

OKLAHOMA CITY - A wintry storm caked the center of the nation with a thick layer of ice Monday, blacking out more than 600,000 homes and businesses, and more icy weather was on the way. At least 17 deaths in Oklahoma and Missouri were blamed on the conditions, with 15 of them killed on slick highways.

A state of emergency was declared for all of Oklahoma, where the sound of branches snapping under the weight of the ice echoed through Oklahoma City.

"You can hear them falling everywhere," Lonnie Compton said Monday as he shoveled ice off his driveway.

The National Weather Service posted ice and winter storm warnings Tuesday for parts of Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa and Illinois. Missouri declared an emergency on Sunday and put the National Guard on alert.

Oklahoma utilities said a half-million customers were blacked out as power lines snapped under the weight of ice and falling tree branches, the biggest power outage in state history, and utilities in Missouri said more than 100,000 homes and business had no power there.

"If you do the math, probably one out of three Oklahomans has no electricity at this point," said Gil Broyles, a spokesman for Oklahoma Gas & Electric, the state's largest utility.

Roughly 11,000 customers were blacked out in southern Illinois and more than 5,000 had no electric heat or lights in Kansas, where Gov. Kathleen Sebelius declared a statewide state of emergency.

At O'Hare International Airport, about 100 flights were canceled by Monday afternoon, with delays of about 45 minutes, said Chicago Department of Aviation spokeswoman Karen Pride. No flights were canceled at Midway Airport, but a handful of flights were delayed about an hour, she said.

Ice was as much as an inch thick on tree limbs and power lines in parts of the region.

Schools across Oklahoma were closed and some hospitals were relying on backup power generators. The Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Army Corps of Engineers sent 50 generators and three truckloads of bottled water from Texas to distribute to blacked-out areas of Oklahoma.

Tulsa International Airport had no power for about 10 hours and halted flight operations for the day, and most morning flights at Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City were canceled because of icy runways. Greyhound bus passengers were stranded overnight at a shelter in a church in Tulsa, and were joined by some local residents who had no heat.

Portions of Interstate 35 and Interstate 44 were shut down early Monday afternoon in Oklahoma City after ice-laden power lines collapsed and fell into the roadways.

Oklahoma utility officials said it could be a week or more before power was fully restored.

"This is a big one. We've got a massive situation here and it's probably going to be a week to 10 days before we get power on to everybody," said Ed Bettinger, a spokesman for Public Service Company. "It looks like a war zone."

The Oklahoma City suburb of Jones, a town of 2,500 people, had low water pressure because there was no electricity to run well pumps, and firefighters said an early morning fire destroyed most of the community's high school.

Since the storm began, Tulsa firefighters have responded to dozens of structural fires, most attributable to the storm, said Sheryl Lovelady, a city spokeswoman. One person was killed by smoke inhalation in a storm-related fire, she said; she did not provide details.

The icy weather stretched into the Northeast, where many schools across upstate New York were closed or started late because of icy roads.

On ice-covered Interstate 40 west of Okemah, Okla., four people died in "one huge cluster of an accident" that involved 11 vehicles, said Highway Patrol Trooper Betsey Randolph.

Ten other people died on icy Oklahoma roads, and Missouri had two storm-related deaths — one on a slippery highway and another when a tree limb fell on a 92-year-old man's head. In addition, a homeless person died of hypothermia in Oklahoma City, the state medical examiner's office said.

___

Associated Press writers Jeff Latzke in Oklahoma City, Marcus Kabel in Springfield, Mo., John Milburn in Topeka, Kan., and Cheryl Wittenauer in St. Louis contributed to this report.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071211/ap_on_re_us/winter_storm

Slideshow

erik

« Reply #310 on: December 14, 2007, 08:23:53 PM »
I wonder when these two reach guaranteed Mutual Assured Destruction and start to live on the edge.

India 'Star Wars' plan risks new arms race

http://www.guardian.co.uk/india/story/0,,2227455,00.html

· Missile defence would protect big cities by 2010
· Plan revealed as Pakistan tests short-range missile

Randeep Ramesh, South Asia correspondent
Friday December 14, 2007
The Guardian

India aims to have a missile defence system able to track and shoot down incoming warheads by 2010, scientists in the capital announced yesterday, in a move that analysts say could spark a new arms race in the region.

The announcement would see India join an elite club of countries that have such military capabilities - with the US, Russia and Israel. It came just days after Pakistan tested a cruise missile capable of carrying nuclear weapons.

India's top military scientist, Dr VK Saraswat of India's Defence Research and Development Organisation, said: "If I keep quiet and wait for [a missile] to fall on my city and then start sending my own deterrent missile ... a lot of damage is done. It is essential you have a system which will first take on that kind of a threat.

"Because we have a ballistic missile defence system ... a country which has a small arsenal will think twice before it ventures," he added, in an apparent reference to nuclear-armed rival Pakistan.

Last week the Indian military demonstrated its missile defence systems by shooting down a warhead off its east coast. Saraswat said that within three years, major cities such as Delhi and Mumbai would be under a protective shield.

India is also beefing up its armoury. It has announced a nuclear-capable missile with a range of 3,700 miles - far enough to hit Beijing or Rome.

Analysts say Pakistan's rapid build-up of short- and medium-range missiles is of special concern to India despite an ongoing peace process between the two.

K Subrahmanyan, a writer on defence issues, said that India needed to raise the "uncertainty levels for Pakistan".

"Pakistan is acquiring advanced missile technology from China. No missile defence system is perfect, but if we can knock out three out of every five warheads, it means our adversary has to fire more rockets. It is a means of deterrence."

Analysts in Pakistan say such thinking is hastening an arms race. "The first impulse is to ask how does Pakistan get [a missile defence system]," said Ayesha Siddiqa, a defence analyst. "The next will be to increase the number of missiles to make sure it has enough to evade the shield."

Other countries are also racing to develop "Star Wars" technologies. This year, after Tokyo saw North Korea test ballistic missiles and conduct a nuclear test, Japan's parliament authorised $2.5bn (£1.3bn) to develop a missile defence system. The US, which has run 36 missile defence tests since 2001, has authorised an annual spend of a half a trillion dollars on a missile shield.

There are no indications of the cost of the Indian missile defence system, but many analysts say there are better uses for India's money. "The US can afford such follies, but a developing country like India cannot," said Bharat Karnad from Delhi's Centre for Policy Research. "We should be getting more missiles, not finding ways of shooting them down."

Offline TIOTIT

• Yogi
« Reply #311 on: December 18, 2007, 03:23:42 PM »
Had to laugh at this one...
Woolworths and Coles must be behind
on their profit margins

EVERY Australian household should stockpile at least 10 weeks' worth of food rations to prepare for a deadly flu pandemic, a panel of leading nutritionists has warned.

World health experts now agree a pandemic is inevitable and will spread rapidly, wiping out up to 7.4 million people globally and triggering rapid food shortages.

Australia is expected to be among the first countries hit because of its proximity to Asia and high levels of international traffic.

But Woolworths and Coles, the nation's two major supermarket chains, will run out of stock within two to four weeks without a supply chain – or even faster if shoppers panic.

This has prompted a team of leading nutritionists and dietitians from the University of Sydney to compile "food lifeboat" guidelines to cover people's nutritional needs for at least 10 weeks.

Their advice – published in the Medical Journal of Australia – would allow citizens to stay inside their homes and avoid contact with infected people until a vaccine becomes available.

The lifeboat includes affordable long-life staples such as rice, biscuits, milk powder, Vegemite, canned tuna, chocolate, lentils, Milo and Weet-Bix.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #312 on: December 18, 2007, 05:13:27 PM »
glad they included chocolate - life would be hard without Quetzalcoatl's old favourite.

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #313 on: December 19, 2007, 01:33:30 AM »
Had to laugh at this one...
Woolworths and Coles must be behind
on their profit margins

EVERY Australian household should stockpile at least 10 weeks' worth of food rations to prepare for a deadly flu pandemic, a panel of leading nutritionists has warned.

World health experts now agree a pandemic is inevitable and will spread rapidly, wiping out up to 7.4 million people globally and triggering rapid food shortages.

Australia is expected to be among the first countries hit because of its proximity to Asia and high levels of international traffic.

But Woolworths and Coles, the nation's two major supermarket chains, will run out of stock within two to four weeks without a supply chain – or even faster if shoppers panic.

This has prompted a team of leading nutritionists and dietitians from the University of Sydney to compile "food lifeboat" guidelines to cover people's nutritional needs for at least 10 weeks.

Their advice – published in the Medical Journal of Australia – would allow citizens to stay inside their homes and avoid contact with infected people until a vaccine becomes available.

The lifeboat includes affordable long-life staples such as rice, biscuits, milk powder, Vegemite, canned tuna, chocolate, lentils, Milo and Weet-Bix.

Did they mention what strain of flu virus?  Here in the states, we're are dealing with MRSA, a potentially dangerous Staph Infection.  A friend of my sister had it...she kept fighting it and eventually died after a year.  It would clear up and then it just kept coming back.  http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/DS/00735.html
"If you stop seeing the world in terms of what you like and dislike, and saw things for what they truly are, in themselves, you would have a great deal more peace in your life..."

erik

« Reply #314 on: December 28, 2007, 01:04:30 AM »
She was a courageous woman!

Benazir Bhutto Killed In Attack

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,70131-1298475,00.html

Updated:13:52, Thursday December 27, 2007

Pakistan Opposition leader Benazir Bhutto has died after a suicide attack at a political rally.

"At 6.16 p.m. she expired," said Wasif Ali Khan, a member of Bhutto's party at Rawalpindi General Hospital.

"She has been martyred," said party official Rehman Malik.

The explosion went off just after Ms Bhutto left the rally in Rawalpindi, minutes after her speech to thousands of people.

Sky News sources say Bhutto was shot in the neck and the chest as she got into her vehicle and then the gunman blew himself up.

Her supports have smashed windows at the entrance to the hospital where she was being treated, some calling "Dog, Musharraf, dog!".

It is the first major attack since President General Pervez Musharraf lifted emergency rule two weeks ago.

At least 15 people died in the attack in the heart of Pakistan's military and parliamentary district.

Sky News correspondent Alex Crawford said from Pakistan the country's upcoming January elections would "most likely be postponed or cancelled" because of the attack.

"The entire political scene in Pakistan will be torn apart. She will become a martyr in many people's eyes."

"This is an end of a dream for them."

"I really don't think she ever thought it would come to this"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk