« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 10:44:53 PM »

Offline Quantum Shaman

• Pir
  • Destruction of faith is the beginning of evolution
    • Quantum Shaman
Re: Ghosts
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 04:11:21 PM »
Vicki...
Any info or background on this one?  It's quite amazing.

D
"You have to be immortal before you will know how to become immortal."
Quantum Shaman  | Quantum Shaman on Facebook

nichi

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 03:48:41 AM »
Vicki...
Any info or background on this one?  It's quite amazing.

D

They were filming in night-vision, and did not spot the apparition until the film was developed.

On Saturday November 10 and Sunday November 11, 2007 the Will County Ghost Hunters Society conducted an overnight investigation at the P. Seth Magosky Museum in Joliet, IL. During the course of the investigation, over 2,000 photos were taken. At 4:55 AM a series of ten photographs of the staircase leading from the first floor to the second floor were taken with a night vision camera. In this photograph, one of the WCGHS investigators, Sunnie, can be seen at the top of the staircase with her flashlight. Also in the photograph is an apparition of a tall figure on the staircase. At the time of the photograph the figure was not seen or detected. It appears he is walking up the stairs and stopped to look over his shoulder at the camera. The figure was not in any of the other photographs.

--Dan Jungles

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page2303.html?theme=light

Looks and feels legitimate to me... I've seen forms like that too.
But I thought photo-wise, it was one of the best I've ever seen.

(Sorry for the delay in reply: I missed seeing this yesterday.)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 03:54:19 AM by nichi »

Offline Quantum Shaman

• Pir
    • Quantum Shaman
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 06:00:46 AM »
Thanks for the info.  :)  Fascinating stuff.  Before my computer crashed, I used to have a website marked to several ghost webcams, including one of an abandoned hospital.  Couple of times, I actually saw stuff on the webcams & was able to report it.  Way cool!  Amazing how cameras can seemingly pick up stuff that our naked eye cannot.  Makes me wonder if we are so programmed NOT to see such things that we literally block them from our reality.  The camera, of course, has no such prejudices.

erik

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 06:16:25 AM »
It is much more safer to watch ghosts from the distance, isn't it? Fear does interfere when it all happensues s through the camera. I'd guess fear blinds us. Body feels the presence, but eyes refuse to see. Like CC and some old sorcerers who scared people to death near one rock.

nichi

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 06:33:17 AM »
Thanks for the info.  :)  Fascinating stuff.  Before my computer crashed, I used to have a website marked to several ghost webcams, including one of an abandoned hospital.  Couple of times, I actually saw stuff on the webcams & was able to report it.  Way cool! 

That is way cool!
Reminds me ... in one of the hospitals I worked in, the older building had seen many transformations, one of which was a hospice. A security coworker and I would go up to the abandoned floor and see/hear all kinds of things in the middle of the night. Of course, there were a few legends to go with, and several suicides in some of its incarnations/history. So it was choc-a-bloc with phenomena.

Amazing how cameras can seemingly pick up stuff that our naked eye cannot.  Makes me wonder if we are so programmed NOT to see such things that we literally block them from our reality.  The camera, of course, has no such prejudices.

Yes, that is fascinating.
For myself, that which I've seen almost always starts in the peripheral vision. It doesn't go away for the frontal view, but direct viewing doesn't seem to initially ferret out the forms.  It's a bit like bird-watching .. you train yourself to go "quad-screen" in your vision, to keep the birds unaware/un-threatened by your gaze.

Saw something here just last night, in fact.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 06:45:16 AM by nichi »

nichi

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 06:55:07 AM »
It is much more safer to watch ghosts from the distance, isn't it? Fear does interfere when it all happensues s through the camera. I'd guess fear blinds us. Body feels the presence, but eyes refuse to see. Like CC and some old sorcerers who scared people to death near one rock.

When I read this, e, I had a thought that there is a difference between being startled and being scared. We don't walk around expecting to encounter the "old sorcerors", heheh. My fear is usually rooted in ruling out that it's a human up-to-no-good.

Offline Quantum Shaman

• Pir
    • Quantum Shaman
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 03:15:35 PM »
That is way cool!
Reminds me ... in one of the hospitals I worked in, the older building had seen many transformations, one of which was a hospice. A security coworker and I would go up to the abandoned floor and see/hear all kinds of things in the middle of the night. Of course, there were a few legends to go with, and several suicides in some of its incarnations/history. So it was choc-a-bloc with phenomena.

Yes, that is fascinating.
For myself, that which I've seen almost always starts in the peripheral vision. It doesn't go away for the frontal view, but direct viewing doesn't seem to initially ferret out the forms.  It's a bit like bird-watching .. you train yourself to go "quad-screen" in your vision, to keep the birds unaware/un-threatened by your gaze.

Saw something here just last night, in fact.

Another question arises in afterthought...

If we are so programmed that we cannot see w/ the naked eye the phenomenon of "ghosts," I have to wonder why we can see the PHOTOGRAPHS of them.  *heh*  Seriously... is it because the photograph is "out of time" and therefore the phenomenon is "in the past" and not an immediate threat or... ???

Just thinking on paper...

D

nichi

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 03:30:49 PM »
Hmmm .. interesting questions! Maybe it's more than programming?

tangerine dream

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 03:06:15 AM »
Another question arises in afterthought...

If we are so programmed that we cannot see w/ the naked eye the phenomenon of "ghosts," I have to wonder why we can see the PHOTOGRAPHS of them.  *heh*  Seriously... is it because the photograph is "out of time" and therefore the phenomenon is "in the past" and not an immediate threat or... ???

Just thinking on paper...

D

Ghosts are funny, sometimes they show themselves, sometimes they do not.  Maybe it depends more on the Spirit than on the eye or the equipment??
 ???
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 04:14:02 AM by Cerelia »

erik

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008, 01:03:09 AM »

tangerine dream

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2008, 01:40:02 AM »

The one circled is nice, but what about the bigger one just  a little ways down the stairs?  He's quite impressive, too!  And the one behind the top pillar.  Wow a ghostly place there!
 :o
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 03:03:32 AM by dream »

Jahn

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2008, 06:31:17 AM »

Not sure what you see in that pic Lori?
i tried to mark two new spots where I see some structures, I used Paint, perhaps you can do something similar to show what you've found?  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk