Author Topic: Four Ravens  (Read 196 times)

tangerine dream

Four Ravens
« on: August 26, 2008, 05:53:26 AM »
Four ravens came to see me today at work.
 ;D

One or two of them have been stopping by quite often since I started working there, but today I had the pleasure of all four of them.   Even the big Daddy I am so fond of.  I listened to them for quite some time, they were just up on a Power station on the Other side of the road.  I found it hard to concentrate on my work, they are so amazing.   Luckily we had almost no customers the entire time they were with me.

I did get one customer and had to go inside the store to deal with her.  When I came back out, I couldn't see the Ravens anywhere so was nearly dissappointed.  I began to say to myself "Where did they go?"  When just above me the big one swooped down and then flew off to my right.  I love the way they sing!

« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 12:00:07 AM by Cerelia »

tangerine dream

Re: Four Ravens
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 11:50:39 PM »
Ravens woke me up this morning, some flying over head and one, by the sounds of it, on my rooftop.  They do that occasionally.   This morning, I heard their far off gargle-caws as they were flying and singing, but also I heard something strange.  The raven on my rooftop appeared to be laughing.  Now, if you've never heard a raven laugh, which I hadn't until this morning, imagine what an old man, slightly tired, maybe just waking up,  perhaps a long time smoker, with a pipe in his mouth and a  mouthfull of water.   Now this man is gargling, and laughing all at the same time and ends his laugh with a deep throaty caw.  That's what the laughing raven sounded like.  What a great way to wake up!

tangerine dream

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 11:49:13 PM »
Four ravens visited me again at work yesterday this time at much closer range.

They arrived one by one and carefully placed themselves each on one telephone pole surrounding the store.  I was in the middle and they looked to have been stationed at the Directions.

hmm...
 :-*

(difficult to concentrate on work)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 12:13:00 AM »
they can make an extraordinary range of sounds. We have one at a place where I work, who makes this incredible ratchet sound - never heard anything like it. But i always love the way they finish off - often they just let the sound die in a throaty groan.

tangerine dream

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 12:18:07 AM »
they can make an extraordinary range of sounds. We have one at a place where I work, who makes this incredible ratchet sound - never heard anything like it. But i always love the way they finish off - often they just let the sound die in a throaty groan.

Yeah!

We have a ratchetty one, too.  When he was a baby last year, I called him the Kazoota raven because his voice sounded like he swallowed a kazoo.  :P   He's grown up a bit now and his voice has gotten a bit deeper, but still he's ratchety.  You can hear him coming from a mile away!

Jahn

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 04:22:17 AM »

I have some talk from the Raven in a MP3 file that are quite large, perhaps I shall load them on YouTube for everyone interested? The Blue Raven spoke of the world to come ... and that was in 2003.

tangerine dream

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 04:38:06 AM »
I have some talk from the Raven in a MP3 file that are quite large, perhaps I shall load them on YouTube for everyone interested? The Blue Raven spoke of the world to come ... and that was in 2003.

I would love to hear!  I was actually thinking that tomorrow I will attempt to capture their voices as they will come almost every morning now. 

Jahn

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 05:01:40 AM »
I would love to hear!  I was actually thinking that tomorrow I will attempt to capture their voices as they will come almost every morning now. 

I got stuck in the upload to YouTube. I only got these recordings as audio MP3-files, no true video upload is possible but I figure out something.  :)

tangerine dream

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 12:01:43 AM »
Well, Jamir

I haven't been able to capture 'my' ravens' voices yet, on tape.  But I did have an odd thing happen in dreaming this morning.

In the dream the raven flew over head and began his call.  As he was singing I remembered I had a container with me.  It was a tall black cylinder with a lid. I took the lid off the container and captured the raven's call inside my container.

As I was putting the call in the container I saw and felt the most magnificent sparkling dark red swirling energy around my navel/sacral chakra area,  but outside of me.  And I felt the raven song coming from this orb (ish) of energy.   I felt the energy rise up especially to my chest.

I then took it with me and just as I was waking up I opened the lid and let the call out. 

At this point, waking and dreaming kind of mixed together as there was a raven outside my window as well, singing the same song. 

8)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 12:04:13 AM by Cerelia »

Jahn

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 04:48:08 AM »
Well, Jamir

I haven't been able to capture 'my' ravens' voices yet, on tape.  But I did have an odd thing happen in dreaming this morning.

In the dream the raven flew over head and began his call.  As he was singing I remembered I had a container with me.  It was a tall black cylinder with a lid. I took the lid off the container and captured the raven's call inside my container.

As I was putting the call in the container I saw and felt the most magnificent sparkling dark red swirling energy around my navel/sacral chakra area,  but outside of me.  And I felt the raven song coming from this orb (ish) of energy.   I felt the energy rise up especially to my chest.

I then took it with me and just as I was waking up I opened the lid and let the call out. 

At this point, waking and dreaming kind of mixed together as there was a raven outside my window as well, singing the same song. 

8)

Good, very good - you belong to the Crow family too.
I shall put up a link to my files tomorrow  :) there are some good sounds of Ravens in them. And who told me that it was time to publish 5 year old recordings now? The Raven of course! We are lucky to have a couple of them around here, and some times they just hit the ear ... with some message.

jmr

tangerine dream

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 05:14:51 AM »
Would you believe I just received one short sharp message from a Raven, flying over my house, he stopped just above my doorstep.   Luckily I had the front door oepn to hear him.

It was right around the time you posted your message.
 8)

Jahn

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 05:55:10 AM »
Would you believe I just received one short sharp message from a Raven, flying over my house, he stopped just above my doorstep.   Luckily I had the front door oepn to hear him.

It was right around the time you posted your message.
 8)

Straaaange ... eeh.
What can I say? Ravens seem to be active these days  ;D

tangerine dream

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 01:06:08 PM »
Each day they come to see me now.  Seems they are getting closer and closer, lower.

The raven is sacred to St. Benedict. According to legend, St. Benedict had gone into isolation to fast. At the point of starvation, a raven  brought him food.  At St. Martin's College in Lacey, WA, is a beautiful Simon Kogan sculpture  of St. Benedict with a large raven on his shoulder.

http://www.clcookphoto.com/crowflies.htm

Jahn

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 03:52:51 AM »
Each day they come to see me now.  Seems they are getting closer and closer, lower.

The raven is sacred to St. Benedict. According to legend, St. Benedict had gone into isolation to fast. At the point of starvation, a raven  brought him food. 

My idea too, if there is food -why not eat? Raven philosophy can be tough for they who mortificate and those that are in excess in healthy living.

Each one on their own though.  :)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 04:18:04 AM by Jamir »

tangerine dream

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 01:02:02 AM »
Yesterday, I was taking some pictures of beautiful fall scenery, from out my bedroom window.
And just as I peeked my cam out the window, three ravens landed on the stoop of the Apartment buidling across the way. 

I found myself thinking about Zamurito`s post at RS, in which he said that he had never taken pics of his crow friends and never felt like doing so.  I agreed with him.  Saying that it seemed like it wasn`t the `right`thing to do.

As I watched the ravens appear just as I got my camera out, I thought perhaps I had been wrong.  Maybe they did want me to photograph them.   ???

So I zoomed my cam as much as it would go, pointed it at the ravens across the way and, sure enough I was going to get a picture of them.  No sooner did I press the button, before the shutter snapped, the ravens flew in front of me and right out of the picture.  It all happened so fast, that I ended up with a picture of the stoop, nothing more.

LOL Silly birds.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk