Author Topic: a miracle  (Read 301 times)

erik

Re: a miracle
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 04:33:31 AM »
Is that the answer --- that we perceive that focus on love takes us away from the quest to die with our awareness in tact?
Is it that we think it keeps us attached?

Good one, Nichi!

Attachment, looking into craving eyes that want so much of you...and you want freedom more than anything. Where's love in that equation?

What you named as our quest - to die and keep the full awareness - is it the only thing we want?

:D

Where's love in all that?

erik

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 04:36:47 AM »
To die and keep awareness - that is a huge thing to aspire to. I've always thought about the need to be more sober than ever regarding such a wish - it is easy hide the fear behind that wish.

I used to want it very much and think about all the time - that keeping of awareness. Now - it all has changed and keeps changing in a different direction. I used to be driven by fear, it is still there, but there has surfaced a part of me that is pretty fearless and pretty indifferent to these existential things.  :D

Things change and unexpected things surface on that journey to one's core.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 04:52:03 AM by gangster »

nichi

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 05:05:20 AM »
Where's love in all that?

That's sort of what I'm asking, e! Where is love in all that?
I don't see a conflict, myself ...

But perhaps it's like M's avatar : "You can't have everything!"
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 05:07:40 AM by nichi »

nichi

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 05:14:03 AM »
To die and keep awareness - that is a huge thing to aspire to. I've always thought about the need to be more sober than ever regarding such a wish - it is easy hide the fear behind that wish.

I used to want it very much and think about all the time - that keeping of awareness. Now - it all has changed and keeps changing in a different direction. I used to be driven by fear, it is still there, but there has surfaced a part of me that is pretty fearless and pretty indifferent to these existential things.  :D

Things change and unexpected things surface on that journey to one's core.

Death is so imminent, e .. I haven't felt I had the luxury to assume otherwise since the tree fell on my house. There's nothing I want more than to know my 'double', or my immortal self in time, or Spirit -- all or some of the above, however you frame it -- so that I will do the right thing at the right time. This was driven home to me a few months ago up in the plane, flying parallel to the tornadoes: I'm not ready, I'm not 'there' yet. So tis what I'm working on ...

But here, we fall away from "love" a bit .. unless it's the love for infinity and eternity.

erik

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2006, 05:15:52 AM »
But perhaps it's like M's avatar : "You can't have everything!"

Yes, nobody can. At different stages love means different things.

nichi

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2006, 05:25:51 AM »
Or do we fall away from "love" here?
Surely there have been some so wise and pure in this regard that the journey to infinity was only assisted via the state?

I don't know the answers .. I'm asking, aloud!  :)

erik

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2006, 05:26:12 AM »
Death is so imminent, e .. I haven't felt I had the luxury to assume otherwise since the tree fell on my house. There's nothing I want more than to know my 'double', or my immortal self in time, or Spirit -- all or some of the above, however you frame it -- so that I will do the right thing at the right time. This was driven home to me a few months ago up in the plane, flying parallel to the tornadoes: I'm not ready, I'm not 'there' yet. So tis what I'm working on ...

But here, we fall away from "love" a bit .. unless it's the love for infinity and eternity.

...and then there has been and still is the Golgotha. I'd guess in one form or another everybody goes through it. It must be embraced fully and unconditionally. It must be loved. :)

erik

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2006, 05:35:04 AM »
Or do we fall away from "love" here?
Surely there have been some so wise and pure in this regard that the journey to infinity was only assisted via the state?

I don't know the answers .. I'm asking, aloud!  :)

I have no idea about these journeys.

But you know all the answers to your questions about love. Just look inside yourself - has love gone away? Can you exist even a second without it?  :D

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2006, 07:52:50 AM »
What is there to speak about love? i wonder

It is said that, the Way which can be spoken of is not the Constant Way.

So is that, what ever can be said of love, also, still is not love

and never can be?

t

t2f

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2006, 08:36:05 AM »
In order to create there must be a dynamic force, and what force is more potent than love?

Igor Stravinsky

Love is the force that ignites the spirit and binds teams together.

Phil Jackson, Sacred Hoops

Love does not only transform our mental/emotional nature, it also involves the physical system of our body which goes through profound changes as well.

David McArthur, The Intelligent Heart

Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart ... Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.

Carl Jung

There is a light that shines beyond all things on earth, beyond the highest, the very highest heavens. This is the light that shines in your heart

Chandogya Upanishad
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

niamhspark

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2006, 01:15:32 PM »
"For even as love crowns you, so shall he crucify you. Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning. Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun, so shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth.

That is to say, love can occupy the deepest places of your mind, shake the foundations of your life, and force you to leave your native land. Like sheaves of corn he gathers you unto himself. He threshes you to make you naked. He sifts you to free you from your husks. He grinds you to whiteness. He kneads you until you are pliant;

And then he assigns you to his sacred fire, that you may become sacred bread for God’s sacred feast."
~Khalil Gibran

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2006, 08:39:12 PM »
"For even as love crowns you, so shall he crucify you. Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning. Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun, so shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth.

That is to say, love can occupy the deepest places of your mind, shake the foundations of your life, and force you to leave your native land. Like sheaves of corn he gathers you unto himself. He threshes you to make you naked. He sifts you to free you from your husks. He grinds you to whiteness. He kneads you until you are pliant;

And then he assigns you to his sacred fire, that you may become sacred bread for God’s sacred feast."
~Khalil Gibran

:o Niamh, I read The Prophet last night before going to sleep and had marked this off thinking about this thread here.  :-*

Also~

And think not you can direct the course of love, for love , if it finds you worthy, directs your course.
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

nichi

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2006, 09:50:26 PM »
the Way which can be spoken of is not the Constant Way.

So is that, what ever can be said of love, also, still is not love

and never can be?

Tom, I think I'll be glad if this is the answer to why it is never spoken of.
And it surely would gain momentum and power through its silence....

((((N and J))))
Great passages!!

niamhspark

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2006, 11:47:50 PM »
:o Niamh, I read The Prophet last night before going to sleep and had marked this off thinking about this thread here.  :-*

Aha! Must be a reason for this then! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk