Author Topic: Jesus said  (Read 553 times)

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
Re: Jesus said
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2007, 05:06:44 AM »

Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline kaycee

• Sadhu
    • Heartwinds
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2007, 09:49:07 AM »
Beautiful!  Thank you

The journey becomes an adventure only when the baggage gets lost.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2007, 10:49:47 AM »

How nice to have this board woken up.

this picture - I've met this character in dream. He reminded me very much of the one that CC met once when he was with DJ - I recall he ran to the crossroads or something to see him pas by, and fell on his knees blubbering in devotion as DJ had a good belly laugh.

But really, it is that way, or was with me anyway. An overwhelming emotion of being in the presence of something powerfully holy - a glorious feeling, makes you want to sink to your knees and cry.

I'm less sure this is Jesus though, as I have met Jesus a few times, and found him a very wise and earthy bloke - wasn't into that cloud appearance stuff at all... always looked to me as man with a big job on.

So I take this Holy vision as something in the universe - something probably closely associated with humans, tho not too sure about that. Like an angel, but not one of those Archangels who also seem to be more pragmatic, but a vision that calls forth from us the most absolute emotion of holy love.

No idea what it's really about, but I must say, it was a ripper of an experience.

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2007, 11:21:36 AM »
How nice to have this board woken up.

this picture - I've met this character in dream. He reminded me very much of the one that CC met once when he was with DJ - I recall he ran to the crossroads or something to see him pas by, and fell on his knees blubbering in devotion as DJ had a good belly laugh.

But really, it is that way, or was with me anyway. An overwhelming emotion of being in the presence of something powerfully holy - a glorious feeling, makes you want to sink to your knees and cry.

I'm less sure this is Jesus though, as I have met Jesus a few times, and found him a very wise and earthy bloke - wasn't into that cloud appearance stuff at all... always looked to me as man with a big job on.

So I take this Holy vision as something in the universe - something probably closely associated with humans, tho not too sure about that. Like an angel, but not one of those Archangels who also seem to be more pragmatic, but a vision that calls forth from us the most absolute emotion of holy love.

No idea what it's really about, but I must say, it was a ripper of an experience.

This one to me is the very essense of jesus.. or it represents the essense of jesus.. using a body form much like what Ive also met as a being of very earthy type. (like the following images I choose to show his realness and devotion of service to heal)

The holy ones Ive encounter also carry this same type of feeling.. you mention it, as an over whelming emotion.. drop to your knees and cry. They are an embodiment of divine love.

My encounters with all of the above seem to of opened my heart to feel this same over whelming emotion within the very earth I walk upon.. in all things.. the breath that sustains my body.

I once asked into the vast silence.. "What is Spirit.. what is God?"

I was shown a series of things as if watching a slide show. The scenes kept coming, mostly stilllife poses.. vines climbing on trees, the wind moving grassy feilds, mountains, ants, people within their unity of laughter and love, bird's eye views of citys and forests, ALL things.. it went on and on with no order but random images of ALL things.

I understood that in a very deep way and have never felt the need to wonder again.. what is Spirit.

Jesus is a very wise and brilliant love, an example of remembrance for mankind.

Very much a person, a child, a son... a brother. 

I cant recall the scene you mention but it I can picture the event with ease and it too makes me laugh at the emotion of CC and the site of DJ cracking up.  What a team they made.

Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2013, 02:19:18 PM »
I believe Jesus also said you have to become like a child to enter the kingdom of heaven.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Jahn

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2013, 06:21:44 AM »
I believe Jesus also said you have to become like a child to enter the kingdom of heaven.

No he did not say that exactly. It was during a public session where he spoke and some adults moved away the Children that also wanted to listen. Then he said, please let the Children come forward "and do not hinder them" ... well here is the qoute from Luke:

"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." (Luke 18:16-17, NIV)

So the difference is to what you said - you do not have to become like a Child but you ought to receive the "Kingdom of God" like a Child. I hope you can see the difference. Naguals laughs a lot, just like innocent Children do. (This is all about flow and to have no fixed ideas about the nature of the World, which kids do not have).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 06:28:24 AM by Jahn »

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2013, 10:44:49 AM »
Ok makes sense thanks.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2013, 07:45:18 PM »
Yes, and it's also about a sense of awe and wonder we have in childhood, which we lose with cynicism and being told to be a sensible adult by everyone. There is much in life to stifle that sense, even in childhood - many people can't recall that view of the world, as their childhood became repressive.

It is a good exercise to recall some moments in childhood when we looked out at the world with a feeling of wonder and excitement at the prospect. I can certainly recall one morning I awoke filled over with such exuberance that I went off on my bike, coming home to an angry mother - I had got mud up my back on her carefully prepared cloths. I was going to some event that day. It was hard to hold two overpowering emotions - one of the excitement of life, and the other of disappointing my mother.

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2013, 02:17:08 AM »
Yes, and it's also about a sense of awe and wonder we have in childhood, which we lose with cynicism and being told to be a sensible adult by everyone. There is much in life to stifle that sense, even in childhood - many people can't recall that view of the world, as their childhood became repressive.

It is a good exercise to recall some moments in childhood when we looked out at the world with a feeling of wonder and excitement at the prospect. I can certainly recall one morning I awoke filled over with such exuberance that I went off on my bike, coming home to an angry mother - I had got mud up my back on her carefully prepared cloths. I was going to some event that day. It was hard to hold two overpowering emotions - one of the excitement of life, and the other of disappointing my mother.

I don't think parents mean to do that stuff. But I can see they are so busy modeling us to be adults that they can hinder childhood a bit. However, I do believe most parents mean well by doing what they do. Mainly speaking of the normal ones. They have their own conditioning when they were raised. But remember that parenting does not come with a book. Sure you can buy a book, but they don't really help. A lot of the strategies in books to deal with children are bullshit and do not work. Because they get independent and rebel and stuff. It can be impossible to deal with.

I dealt with so much with my son, as you know. But he has got on the right track. Is staying out of trouble now he is an adult. Graduated from high school. I am very proud of him.

I did my best to give him a good childhood. But I was also bipolar and not on meds while raising him. When he was littler was dealing with ex, broke up with ex, moved away from ex. So there was a lot going on that affected him, and much I could not control. You can only do your best in those situations.

If he came home muddy I would see him being a little boy. I would be glad he had fun playing around. Cause we only have so much time as children. Then adulthood comes and all of its challenges.

Jahn

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2013, 04:57:31 AM »

It is a good exercise to recall some moments in childhood when we looked out at the world with a feeling of wonder and excitement at the prospect.

Well thanks Michael, I have been close to this because I am into a super recall of my life, and the childhood is of course one great period to recall.

Maybe I can get this to some kind of exercise. The experiences during childhood that are positive and in a flow is very valuable for us because such experiences can get us back to the natural flow. If we only can recall significant fun moments and can recap and replay the flowing event that was connected to the scene then we can propel our energy higher. Your experience had a dark side with your mother becoming angry, but we all have had thousands of exciting discoveries and simple plays during our childhood where we where filled of joy.

When doing such an exercise as recalling and recapping a fun and joyful event as a child will engage our physical bodies (our child body was much smaller and different but the physical body have a very good memory) and then we will engage our emotional body.

Our emotional body is not that strong in memory so it is much toward the emotional body that the exercise is directed, to get down in that old experience as a child, of excitement and all of these wonders that children experience.

The mental body then, have to keep the memories alive and the bridge between adult and child.

Hmm, a very fruitful idea as a continuation of healing the "Inner Child" practice. Once that healing is done it can be time to remember the magic and wondrous moments as a child.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 05:07:58 AM by Jahn »

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2013, 11:27:40 PM »
This has been particularly difficult for me as a parent. I know how the adult world stifles the awesomeness of the childlike beginners mind. I often find it difficult, I have to send her to school, where she is expected to behave a certain way, and it is all a facade. On numerous accounts they have shown they are not interested in healthy development, but in status quo maintnence. Children are not taught to harness this fluidity of mind, but to focus in on a rigid interpretation of things, and not even to show they understand, but only that they can memorize.

Suffice to say in the early years I was not a good disciplinarian. I am becoming more authoritative, but I still find it all very challenging, in a good way.

The only way to help her; to regain my own awe and wonder.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 11:42:29 PM by Nick »
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
Paul said but...
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2024, 09:24:55 PM »
1 Corinthians 13
King James Version

13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk