Author Topic: Quiz  (Read 289 times)

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
Re: Quiz
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2006, 11:03:51 PM »
I honestly sense, M, that us humans have all we need but desire "things" because we don't yet realize we have it all, a total completeness.  And this appears very paradoxal to me, indeed.  We go round and round within our inquiry and seeking, trying to find more what we already have plenty of.  Isn't this what is labeled as "suffering", like we sense we are lacking something?  I guess our perception will always be, to one degree or another, incomplete.  I mean everyone, even "the enlightened ones" of all time.  They aren't gods, just those folk who are sharper than we are in facing our dillusions.  We create our idealogies just to label, like highway markers saying shit like "15 miles to the next rest stop" or something.  They give us some semblance of solidity or something, I am sure.

All I know, Sir, is that we will all keep our "faith", either rationally or otherwise.  We'll just, through the generations, identify and re-identify, classify and reclassify in our heads what our hearts are so busy showing us each moment, anyway.

So, by stating that our mentalities will always do this, am I saying "don't investigate because it's all relative, anyway"?  Ha, I'm getting too much pleasure out of chasing my concept/inventory-laden tail!  I'll also opt to be content with what enfolds before me when I'm not looking for it.  That's my own pardox, keeping the very obvious uncomplicated yet still very mysterious, and always with the utmost of excitement.  It's like coming back from somewhere I never left for.

t
t2f

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 09:15:24 AM »
Jesus fed several thousand people with one fish.

True or false?

True - he taught them how to fish.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

tangerine dream

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 07:52:31 AM »
True - he taught them how to fish.

I always thought that jesus was the fish....

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 04:08:49 PM »

I always thought that jesus was the fish....

Well, when I was a kid, I thought he fed the multitudes by multiplying the fish. I just saw it as a miracle of the manifestation of God and God providing. Like for the multitudes, the fish just kept coming.

I always liked the teach a child to fish story thought, cause its true. Look at how many folks are living with parents well beyond their years, and dont have jobs, lol. They need to be thrown in the wild, and taught how to survive, or they get lazy.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk