Author Topic: Osho  (Read 350 times)

nichi

Re: Osho
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 03:15:00 PM »
The story about the children... all I know is what I read by M a few posts up.
I actually don't know much about G, and was happy to hear of this sensibility!

Taimi

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 04:02:30 PM »
What do these masters mean by enlightenment anyway? Is it stopping the world in CC's terms?

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 04:21:31 PM »
now that's a tricky question indeed

osho was full of bullshit there - he maintained his enlightenment was 'once and for all', ie past which there is no other. i think that was a sales pitch.

enlightenment also means a time in history that historians have never forgotten - beginning of the modern etc.

i have my own views - i use it to refer to a profound realisation - the more substantial and devastating, the deeper the enlightenment. these are major turning points in one's life, where we wake up to something that changes us for the rest of our life.

my first was when a koan broke my mental frame society gave me, and I knew what i was going to do for the rest of my life, and that has never changed since. my second enlightenment came when i discovered myself talking and crying to a bush. these things just come to those who keep their feet on the path.

niamhspark

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 04:33:11 PM »
Guys, I couldn't find his dark night /enlightenment story. I remember it being very good, now I cant locate it though. Darnit. Been a long time I guess.

niamhspark

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 04:34:14 PM »
now that's a tricky question indeed

osho was full of bullshit there - he maintained his enlightenment was 'once and for all', ie past which there is no other. i think that was a sales pitch.

enlightenment also means a time in history that historians have never forgotten - beginning of the modern etc.

i have my own views - i use it to refer to a profound realisation - the more substantial and devastating, the deeper the enlightenment. these are major turning points in one's life, where we wake up to something that changes us for the rest of our life.

my first was when a koan broke my mental frame society gave me, and I knew what i was going to do for the rest of my life, and that has never changed since. my second enlightenment came when i discovered myself talking and crying to a bush. these things just come to those who keep their feet on the path.

M, what koan was it?

Taimi

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 06:22:05 PM »
Guys, I couldn't find his dark night /enlightenment story. I remember it being very good, now I cant locate it though. Darnit. Been a long time I guess.

I found this article:
http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Dark_Night_Of_The_Soul/id/21911

There are listed some symptoms. I found it weird that i have had almost all of them and still have sometimes. Except i haven't felt like being abandoned by God yet.

During a dark night crisis, the individual may have any combination or all of the following symptoms:

Feelings of depression, despair, loneliness
Loss of energy
Chronic exhaustion not linked to a physical disorder
Loss of control over one's personal and/or professional direction in life
Unusual sensitivity to light, sound and other environmental factors
Anger, frustration, lack of patience
Loss of identity, purpose, and meaning to life
Withdrawal from life's everyday routines
Feelings of madness and insanity
A sense of abandonment by God
Feelings of inadequacy
Lessened feelings of attachment to family and friends
Loss of attention span, self-confidence and self-esteem
Frequent bouts of spontaneous crying and weeping

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2006, 10:46:16 AM »
these symptoms all seem very subjective, you know like almost anyone could go through these. I can think of people who spend there lifes like that. dark life of the soul I suppose.  :P
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 11:57:20 AM by Ian »
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2006, 04:13:35 PM »
Osho's meditations are really fun to do. I used to go many years ago to weekly Osho meditations - very different from the usual soothing meditation type styles. They really get stuff moving and flushed away!   :D
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2006, 07:48:06 PM »

Jahn

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2006, 02:58:08 AM »
It can be very obstructional to set oneself up as the 'saviour', where you say to people, come to me and all will be well for you. A true teacher keeps students at a distance, so that they retain their independence, which is a precious thing. The pull of a spiritual teacher is enormous, and such a person has to take responsibility for the consequence of that upon those younger on the path.

that's right. You know/knew Sri Rajneesh much better than me but I saw a few people get into his teachings and dancing. Blind folly I would call it. One of the followers, a famous Swedish artist, got completey lost when the Bahgwan left and closed his account in the West.

This artist had some 10-15 years of misery and mental problems before he jumped in front of a underground train in Stockholm City. The other guy that I knew personally was also a muscican, people the Sri Rajneesh Love and music attracted especially much I guess.

You can't just toss aside thousands of years of advice from all schools, as Carl Jung has said about this issue. The problem that has always been referenced by sexual containment as an essential practice in a whole spiritual journey, is due to its over addictiveness. On one hand, sexual repression makes kundalini difficult to get off the ground, but if one indulges in sex as the kundalini begins to rise, then that gets fixated into the energy process. This leads to the use of spiritual attainments being diverted into the sexual channel, and it becomes very difficult to stop this, which has bad consequences for post life.

Yes, The energy process gets a tie to form and then form get above energy and one gets stuck. Therefore "one way solutions" seldom work, never work I would say, and Not doing processes becomes the spiritual fellow's best tool.

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2006, 01:02:55 PM »
I was very fond of Rajneesh in his earlier days, and my earlier days, but after having a dreaming psychic battle with him one night, i decided to give him a swerve. So i have never followed him into Osho, and thus don't use that name in reference to him.

For you what were his best qualities before he became Osho?
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2006, 07:35:11 PM »
there was one quality i really enjoyed. his books are his talks - translated. he had a most interesting skill. he could start on a topic, then wander off in long side journeys, but come back right on the mark of his primary topic. One of the best books for that was called 'Journey towards the heart'.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk