Author Topic: Are you ready?  (Read 1115 times)

runningstream

Re: I found this
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2014, 06:39:24 AM »
There is nothing in this world that a warrior cannot account for. You see, a warrior considers himself already dead, so there is nothing for him to lose. The worst has already happened to him, therefore he's clear and calm; judging him by his acts or by his words, one would never suspect that he has witnessed everything.

Tales of Power

:)

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
Re: Are you ready?
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2014, 06:41:26 AM »
Yes - I need to reformulate what I meant.

There are (at least) two very different ways of looking at the idea of conjoining with the double.  The first way is the idea that we "download" the double into the mortal self so as to experience the infinite.

The second way is that we actually UPLOAD our awareness into the double so as to "preserve" the mortal source beyond organic life.  Since the double is technically inorganic, we transcend from organic beings to inorganic.  I realize that could spur a lot of controversy among the strictest of Toltec practitioners who have the idea that "inorganic beings" are somehow to be avoided... and yet, when you really think about it, EVERYTHING is inorganic at its molecular/atomic structure.

In the case of uploading the mortal self to the double, I see that as easier to accomplish at the point of death, the actual transition of it, than during life. And perhaps preferable, depending on one's situation. When I said, why would the double want to be me, I'm wondering why I would want to bind the double to my earthly limitations, not to mention my personal ones. Seems that one of us needs to have a foot in the door of infinity.

But this is just my playful mind thinking aloud - I do not intend it literally. It's unfortunate that we "divided" the two, lower and higher, in our thinking. Heh, but if we hadn't done that, we wouldn't need to talk of a Path at all.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 07:06:55 AM by Nichi »
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2014, 06:48:58 AM »
i think that, to get back to original, certain aspects of me which may be irrelevant, which were suited to say me having a body, that may not go. i think however, the `observer` me, that which has borne witness to my life, that of course would, and that is what im hoping to retain, i suppose somehow this would merge with double. i have wondered however, if the double bears a witness, or we share the same one.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2014, 06:58:29 AM »
I've often thought of the double as the Witness.

And it sometimes looks like this:

« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 07:04:22 AM by Nichi »
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

runningstream

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2015, 03:55:16 PM »
following the stars Jahn toltec traditions you say

actually now i am wondering if the transference of the double

was at a point in the sky transferred through time "portal"

and a side to side thing occurred

you know mirror in the sky

passing int the night like lovers

who wants to go to heaven ?

or was it just another dream / dreamer