Author Topic: In Rememberance  (Read 281 times)

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
In Rememberance
« on: June 26, 2009, 02:17:19 PM »
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
Re: In Rememberance
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 02:23:46 PM »
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 03:04:31 AM »
Michael Jackson tributes appear all over U.S.

Admirers gather at symbolic locations to salute the late "King of Pop"

Candles, flowers, posters, balloons surround star on Hollywood Walk of Fame

Fans sing and dance outside Detroit house where Jackson 5 first recorded

Neighbors remember Jackson at childhood home in Gary, Indiana

updated 1 hour, 21 minutes agoNext Article in Entertainment »

Read VIDEO

(CNN) -- U.S. fans of Michael Jackson are pouring out their grief through music and dance, impromptu shrines at symbolic locations and heartfelt remembrances online.

A gloved fan salutes Michael Jackson Thursday night outside UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, California.

1 of 3  Jackson's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame was surrounded hours before dawn Friday by candles, flowers, posters and balloons. As the sun rose, a man crouched on the sidewalk and painted a portrait of the pop star, who died suddenly on Thursday.

"This is a very sad day here in Hollywood, California," sobbed Melissa Fazli, a CNN iReporter. "This is very, very sad. I can't believe it."

The star emblem had been covered until almost 3 a.m. by a red carpet for the premiere of the Sasha Baron Cohen film "Bruno" at Grauman's Chinese Theater, but fans started leaving mementos as soon as the carpet was removed. The film's producers reportedly cut a scene referencing Jackson, at least for the premiere.  Watch the Walk of Fame shrine grow »

"He was an innovator," a fan named Delores said outside the theater. "He's basically an icon in his own time -- legendary. It's going to take years [to sink in] that he's gone, because he's always with me. ... I'm just trying to assess it all right now. I'm still mourning, and at the same time missing him. It's a little bit much to bear."

Wreaths were hung on the gates outside of the Los Angeles home where the King of Pop collapsed Thursday, and hundreds of fans gathered outside the UCLA Medical Center, where Jackson was pronounced dead.

People stopped in their tracks Thursday in New York's Times Square, staring up at the giant TV screens bearing news of Jackson's death. Some people set up lawn chairs in the evening.  Watch the reaction on Times Square »

Fans frequently broke into song and dance around Jackson's childhood home on Jackson Street, renamed in honor of the family, in Gary, Indiana, CNN affiliate WRTV-TV reported.  Watch fans gather at the home »

"I knew Michael. I only lived three blocks from him myself," Gary resident John Moore told WRTV-TV. "It's a really sad day. I'm very hurt and disappointed right now. He was a great guy."

CNN iReporter Egberto Willies of Kingwood, Texas, summed up the conflicting feelings Jackson engendered among his admirers:

"I grew up on Michael Jackson," Willies said in a video post on iReport.com. "I loved Michael Jackson. I hated Michael Jackson. I admired Michael Jackson. I was ashamed of Michael Jackson. I was sorry for Michael Jackson. I was proud of Michael Jackson. iReport: Share your thoughts about Michael Jackson

"Michael Jackson was a complicated human being who was [denied] a childhood in order to provide us with great musical and dancing entertainment," Willies went on. "But with all his wealth and success he never seemed happy with himself. He never viewed himself as we viewed him: simply the best entertainer alive. May he rest in peace, his demons left behind."

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 03:14:17 AM »
Its amazing, yet not surprising that the news worldwide has been a shock, and shrines are being put up on his behalf everywhere:
Michael Jackson Dies at 50
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 04:05:21 AM by Nichi »

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 04:06:15 AM »

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 04:13:26 AM »
I wonder who will now control all the Beatles' songs, to which he owned all rights...
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 04:13:42 AM »

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 04:14:16 AM »
I wonder who will now control all the Beatles' songs, to which he owned all rights...

I think his family probably.

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 05:41:23 AM »

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 05:47:23 AM »
Ive chosen to do a sticky for a little while for a shrine in  here for Michael Jackson. Regardless to his controversies, the world just lost one of the greatest singers and dancers of all time. He was an original dancer, which is almost unheard of. Certainly some of his moves were borrowed, but he found his own unique way of dance, which caused people from all over the globe to try to imitate him.

The news is correct, we may not, in our lifetime, see another great singer and dancer like this, who is this huge. I was thinking today, when our 'stars' go out like this, that shrines put all over the world and such an outpouring, lift them high up. Theres no way it doesnt, when that many are praying for him all over the world, for peace for him, and to make it.

Michael Jackson's soul is probably floating and seeing the outpouring of love for him, all over the world, and then, he's gonna go with the guides, and moonwalk right past the Eagle. And Beat It.

Rest in Peace.

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 06:01:07 AM »

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 06:15:08 AM »

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2009, 06:19:55 AM »

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2009, 02:05:54 PM »
Yes I guess we should say something. I was never into his music, but he certainly had a flare for performance. His dance videos I am only just seeing now as all this hoopla comes out post-mortem. When he wasn't poking his fingers at the sky, and doing that silly jacket over the shoulders thing, he could really dance very well. Those foot movements are amazing, and his body had that good dancer's flow, when he let it do something sensual.

I liked the way he combined so many aspects into one saleable product. Music, dance, film, fashion, style etc. Quite a character, if the whole thing wasn't so sad.

I definitely lost interest in him when he went weird, but film of him before that shows a gifted and likeable person. All that child trauma - his own childhood, and then all the accusations and bad press over children. That was very unfortunate.

So now he's gone, and we still have his records, if you like that type of music.
No doubt he was a giant in the performing scene.

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2009, 03:04:32 PM »
Never really my type of music but I have to say he was very talented.

I think the way he combined the performance, dance, music, stories, all together was what made him so marketable to such a wide audience. I also liked him better before the weirdness, not that I'm against weirdness, but...well you know what I mean.

It is telling how he went so high and crashed so fast, to die so young.
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk