Author Topic: White Bird  (Read 1066 times)

erik

White Bird
« on: October 20, 2006, 08:36:13 PM »
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 03:34:08 PM by Nichi »

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
Re: White Bird
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 09:28:03 PM »

White Owl Flies Into and Out of the Field

Coming down out of the freezing sky
with its depths of light,
like an angel, or a Buddha with wings,
it was beautiful, and accurate,
striking the snow and whatever was there
with a force that left the imprint
of the tips of its wings — five feet apart —
and the grabbing thrust of its feet,
and the indentation of what had been running
through the white valleys of the snow —
and then it rose, gracefully,
and flew back to the frozen marshes
to lurk there, like a little lighthouse,
in the blue shadows —
so I thought:
maybe death isn't darkness, after all,
but so much light wrapping itself around us —

as soft as feathers —
that we are instantly weary of looking, and looking,
and shut our eyes, not without amazement,
and let ourselves be carried,
as through the translucence of mica,
to the river that is without the least dapple or shadow,
that is nothing but light — scalding, aortal light —
in which we are washed and washed
out of our bones.

~ Mary Oliver ~
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 09:50:04 PM »
Blessings~
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 02:09:08 AM »
vicky

nichi

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 02:51:44 AM »

She is over 35 years old.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 03:45:08 PM by Nichi »

niamhspark

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 12:36:56 PM »
That one has an interesting beak, V! :)

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 12:48:34 PM »
That one has an interesting beak, V! :)

heh...   :D
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

erik

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 04:39:04 AM »

« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 04:52:26 AM by gangster »

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 05:10:59 AM »
How beautiful! A white peacock! Never seen one before! So different it is..  :)
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

nichi

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 05:13:03 AM »
Ooooooooo, how beautiful, e! Is it supposed to be albino?

erik

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 05:20:45 AM »
Ooooooooo, how beautiful, e! Is it supposed to be albino?

Haven't got a clue! :D
It is stunning!

Offline TIOTIT

• Yogi
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 01:17:15 AM »
A few regulars around for breakfast

nichi

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 01:21:52 AM »
Wow, Tio!
Hey, how cool the branches you set up at your feeding station!

niamhspark

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 01:34:58 AM »

Welcome Northwind!

Funny you post the image of a swan. Makes me think of a book I'm reading right now. I'll write about anything to get my nightmare out of my psyche for a bit.

Okay, anyway, I'm reading the book The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks. http://nicholassparks.com/Novels/TheWedding/Index.html

That's the plot. Well anyway, his eldest daughter is going to get married. But Noah - Janes dad, who's like 87 years old in a nursing home, gets injured because he trips over a root while being out at the pond at the nursing home. He feeds this one swan every single day. He believes its his deceased wife, Allie. (if anyone saw the movie The Notebook, in the books they don't die together). Anyway, she died five years before him, and he would sit in the home, until later, he feels he needs to go outside, feed this one swan. He has really good memories of swans because on the fateful day where they meet again, she comes to him after 14 years of being apart, they're in this canoe on the waters, and its surrounded with swans, everywhere, and never had it happened again, that many swans.

So Noah believes this particular swan is Allie, his deceased wife. He takes bread out to her everyday. But his children who are all grown up, of course, hate the swan in a way. Because they don't think it's 'logical' or healthy for him to believe the swan is her.

But really, as I was reading that, I thought "wouldn't he know his own wife? And who cares if it wasn't. It made Noah want to get up, and go out, instead of sit in his room and be sad, because the love of his life is gone. The swan makes him happy."

Anyway, where i'm at in the book, is he tripped over the root. But the wedding of his grandaughter is to occur that weekend. He's determined to stay alive to make the event. He tells them that. He tells the family members to not cancel the wedding or postpond it on his behalf. He wants to go, and he doesn't care he's injured. But he knows his time is short. In the meantime, keeps giving Wilson advice, subtly though, because he knows Jane (Noah's daughter, hes the in law), and he need to resurrect their marriage. Wilson is trying to do it, step by step, basically make his wife fall in love with him over again. Esp cause she had the example of her parents who had that kinda love. He knows she wants that. He feels like he's been a bad husband, neglected some things. He's realizing (at this point in the book), he was a little neglectful. Because love takes work, to keep things alive. He realizes it when he hurts his wife by forgetting their anniversary. His daughter is getting married on their wedding anniversary this time, same day. He's trying to do it special this go round for her and him, and to save their own marriage.

So that's where i'm at in the book. Will Wilson and Jane be able to save their marriage? Will Noah be able to stay alive long enough to make the wedding? Is the swan really Allie?

I dont know the answer to the other two questions, but to the latter, yes, I believe the swan is her. Who cares if its not logical. Love isn't a matter of logic - its magic.

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 05:05:34 AM »
Our community here has developed a habitat, actually a large, protected pond and wild grass area, where 3 pair of trumpeter swans have mated, two already giving birth over the last few years.  They are such bird birds yet so graceful ..... mighty protective, too.  They'll attack if you get near their young at all.  Nice venture.  t
t2f

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk