Author Topic: Bunny LOL  (Read 141 times)

erik

Re: Bunny LOL
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009, 06:56:07 AM »
Until I saw this pic this am, I never knew herons would go for rabbits or any mammals -- I thought they were strictly fish, snake, frog, and crustacean eaters. That part was interesting ... But .. it looks to me, per the second pic, that the heron is going to choke on that rabbit.

Take the raptors, for example, many of whom do take the furry and four-legged. Don't they have special digestion in order to do it, which eventually passes through their system in identifiable pellets? Think about ... swallowing fur. What I was wondering was if herons have such digestion too, or if the pic captures a really freak occurence.

If herons can digest fish as a whole, they have no problem with the little furry things. Their stomachs have very high acidity.

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2009, 06:57:48 AM »
If herons can digest fish as a whole, they have no problem with the little furry things. Their stomachs have very high acidity.

Ok, that's what I was wondering.
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

erik

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2009, 08:17:07 AM »
Other consumers of furry stuff are white storks - they actually decimate populations of snakes, frogs, rabbits, rats, etc.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 08:19:26 AM by Yellow hat »

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2009, 08:27:33 AM »
Learn something every day -- I like that.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2009, 08:35:13 AM »
The bunnies probably outnumber them though, so they will go on since they propagate as they do. Thats bunny power for you.

If there were no bunnies Easter would be meaningless, missing one of the most important characters for children, the easter bunny :)
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2009, 08:37:01 AM »
Yes, fertility symbols they!
~Hsin Hsin Ming

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk