Author Topic: Puff of Honey  (Read 221 times)

Ke-ke wan

Puff of Honey
« on: September 27, 2009, 04:04:49 AM »
Last night Cassidee and I were given an awesome opportunity to help a friend's puppy as he passed.

Puffy (or Puff of Honey as was his full name)   was my friend Kim's dog.    She's had him for about 17 years.   So Puffer was old,  getting weaker,  but he still had many good days.  Sometimes we had to carry him down the stairs when we let hm out for a pee,  but other times he would jump down like a deer jumps through the forest.

Last night Kim called me and said that she was taking Puffy to the vet because he'd had a very bad seizure.   He'd had a couple of small ones over the course of the couple years I had known him,  but nothing like the one he had yesterday.  The veterinarian checked him out,  weighed him and sent him home with a few possible diagnoses and instructions that if he loses more weight (he only weighed 9 lbs)  or has another seizure,  Kim was to take him in to be put down.

I went to Kim's shortly after that to see Puffer and just be with Kim as she was very upset.  She's had Puffer for a very long time.   During the visit,  Puffy had another seizure and I was able to do some energy work on him to keep him comfortable and calm him as well as do some hands on healing which seemed to have lessened the severity of the seizure.   I also did some hands on after the seizure to keep him comfy and not so scared. 

Puffy stayed very close to me for the rest of the night,  though it was clear that his time was drawing near.  So I phoned Cassidee to come over in case she wanted to say good bye to  Puffy before he had to go.

On our walk back to Kim's house I told Cass that she could use her energy hands and her Love with Puffy if she saw that he was feeling bad.    When Cass and I walked in the door,  Puffy was just lying on the couch half sleeping,  half awake.   I asked Cassidee if she wanted to go sit with Puffy and pet him and say good bye.   Kim replied "You're going to have to go to him,  because there's no way he'll be able to coem to you."   No sooner was this said than Puffer hopped up and off the sofa he was on,  hopped over to Cassidee's couch and hopped up onto her lap!   It was so cute and unexpected -- everyone got a good chuckle.

Puffy stayed with Cassidee until we left late late that night and seemed to be very comfortable with her.   She fell asleep with her arms around him and her hands on him and they even synchronized their breathing.   A couple of times when Puffer got up to go pee,  he'd wander the house afterwards, seemingly a little confused and uncomfortable.   But as soon as he was back with Cassidee he calmed right down and was able to rest.

Kim and her sister were quite perplexed by his need to be with Cass,  thinking maybe that he was remembering when they were Cassidee's age.   That may be so as well,  but Cass and I shared a wink and a smile because we knew that what we were doing was helping Puffer be more comfortable.

I'm very proud of Cassidee.  For all the times she rolls her eyes at me when we talk about things of this nature I know that she really does understand and she  does believe that we have the power with our love and our energy to help and to heal when we need to.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 04:29:20 AM by soulchild »

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
Re: Puff of Honey
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 04:15:30 AM »
Thats a great story Lori! If anything perhaps Puffy needed to teach Cass the power of healing, and that she has a gift if she wants to use it. Im a firm believer we all do, we all can tap into the same 'source' so to speak, after all.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 04:27:16 AM »
Thats a great story Lori! If anything perhaps Puffy needed to teach Cass the power of healing, and that she has a gift if she wants to use it. Im a firm believer we all do, we all can tap into the same 'source' so to speak, after all.

Yes,  you are right about that.  I'm  just surprised how easily she slipped into healer mode.  No questions,  no second thoughts,  she knew what needed to be done and did it!

I guess that's what we usually do in that situation.  Spirit takes over.

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 04:33:50 AM »
Yes,  you are right about that.  I'm  just surprised how easily she slipped into healer mode.  No questions,  no second thoughts,  she knew what needed to be done and did it!

I guess that's what we usually do in that situation.  Spirit takes over.

Always in charge - yes! :)
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 05:08:08 AM »
Beautiful story Lori, thanks for sharing  :-*
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 08:26:05 AM »
Great experience for Cassidee!
Any word on Puff now?
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 09:39:55 AM »
Great experience for Cassidee!
Any word on Puff now?

Sadly, he was euthanized this morning.   :'(

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 09:49:42 AM »
 :(
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 09:55:15 AM »
:(

Sad,  I know,  but I think he was ready to go so that's a good thing.  He was almost 18 years old.    That's a long life for a little dog.  The nice thing is that he went out wagging his tail and licking and kissing all his loved ones.   :)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 10:02:36 AM »
Good story, and experience for Cassidee.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk