Author Topic: Big River  (Read 328 times)

Ke-ke wan

Big River
« on: March 21, 2010, 11:00:35 AM »

So when we got to Saskatchewan you can imagine my excitement when I found out, the day that we arrived, that Aunt Tina was getting old and was looking for an apprentice.  She wanted to start passing on her secrets, to teach them, to keep them alive for future generations.  I was ecstatic.   Nobody else in the family was interested.  I felt for sure this was why I had moved from BC to Saskatchewan, and was stoked about furthering my development on magic, herbs and such.  I knew it was gong to be me.

Well, time passed and I made it known that I would be more than willing and able to fill the position.  There were talks with other family members and it appeared  the only thing standing in my way was that I wasn't actually family.  I had been in the family for quite a number of years and was accepted by most everyone as a sister, cousin, or auntie, even a daughter, but there was some debate as to whether this would do.

I waited patiently for the decision to be made, hoping I would get my wish, hoping Tina would take me under her wing.

Things went a little funny in my life around that time and my energies were required elsewhere... Spirit was Testing me, I suppose.

It was with great disappointment that I heard the news that Tina would be apprenticing her eldest Niece Carrie, a niece that didn't want the job, but was doing it because it was her duty.

My heart sank.

Looking back I can see that Spirit must have been telling me that I wasn't ready for this gift, but I am thankful to have almost had the opportunity and hope, hope hope that perhaps someday I will find myself in that position once again.

I found a picture of Aunt Tina on Facebook.  THey call her "Aunt Tina the Great"  :D

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Big River
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 08:50:53 PM »
I think I missed some of this:

What is the context now?
Why are you not of the family - whose family is it?
What knowledge does she have?
What happened about Carrie's task to learn?

Ke-ke wan

Big River
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 11:00:48 PM »
I think I missed some of this:

What is the context now?
Why are you not of the family - whose family is it?
What happened about Carrie's task to learn?

Sorry I did not answer this sooner. 

Where to start though?? 

Let me start from today.  Actually about three days ago.   
I received a phone call from Mans,  who is a very dear friend of mine and soul mate that I have not seen in 8 or 9 years.  At one time we were inseparable,  the love of my life he was! 
Mans is Aunt Tina's nephew.  Mans' grandmother Helen (born on the same day as my son Jakob and Helen Blavatsky fyi) is Tina's sister.

I was very happy to get a call from Mans as we haven't spoken in years -- he left one day on a road trip that was to last 'a couple of days' and never returned.  Long story there, too much for Soma,  but I was devastated.  This is when I really began soul searching,  writing poetry and finding out who I really was.  A great gift Mans gave me now that I can see more clearly,  besides the experiences of our time together was leaving so that I could find myself and grow. 

I have also this past week re-connected with his Mom and sisters, too.   I feel so happy to have them back in my life again,  even if at a far distance.  They are a large part of my soul family,  as you all are and I have known them all for a very long time.  Possibly as long as I've known all of you. 

When speaking with Mans' mother, Cindy the other night, she invited the kids and I to come stay with her for a few days.  So I have worked a trip to Saskatchewan into my Summer plan.
I'll be leaving Ontario near the end of August and stopping for a couple of days is Big river Saskatchewan to stay with Cindy.  It just so h happens that Big River is where Aunt Tina Lives.  I have a feeling I just might meet up with her.

I'm very excited.

The knowledge Tina has is of herbal medicine and healing arts! She is apparently gifted in both areas!!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 11:16:25 PM by Aurora »

Ke-ke wan

Big River
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 11:03:04 PM »
I should tell you also that even though I have only been to Big River once in my entire life,  my heart longs for it and that part of Saskatchewan like I was born and raised there.  It is a small town full of flower children and musicians and creative geniuses, interwoven families and huge glowing hearts!

« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 11:13:30 PM by Aurora »

Ke-ke wan

Re: Big River
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 11:19:33 PM »

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 11:26:42 PM »
Big River hosts a Music Festival every year about this time.  Many of Mans'  relatives sing and play there.  I have yet to go,  but I know I will some day! 

Kamilla

« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 04:22:50 AM by Aurora »

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 11:29:14 PM »

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 01:37:50 AM »
Right. Well, things are moving.

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 11:41:55 PM »
Right. Well, things are moving.

Drumming circle

The Ness Creek Music Festival

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 09:17:04 AM »
One of the many talented musicians from Big river, Gavin:

<span data-s9e-mediaembed="youtube" style="display:inline-block;width:100%;max-width:640px"><span style="display:block;overflow:hidden;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe allowfullscreen="" loading="lazy" scrolling="no" style="background:url(https://i.ytimg.com/vi/nCa95KJlzDU/hqdefault.jpg) 50% 50% / cover;border:0;height:100%;left:0;position:absolute;width:100%" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nCa95KJlzDU"></iframe></span></span><br /><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nCa95KJlzDU&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xd0d0d0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;feature=player_embedded&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nCa95KJlzDU&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xd0d0d0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;feature=player_embedded&amp;fs=1</a>
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 09:38:46 AM by Aurora »

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 11:12:51 PM »
Been having some problems come up with my Mother lately.  I'll be living with her when I return to BC so it's best to fix this now.  We're defintiely a lot better than we were, but apparently some stuff still hides under the surface.

She does not want me to go to Big River.  Her reasons for this are personal and her own issues I realize.  She's always wanted to keep me in a box that she's designed but that I've never fit in.   I really don't like the feeling of being pressured and or held.  I need room to fly and grow!
I know that I need to stop in Big River... it's something I have to do.  And will. 

So right now, rather than try to explain to her things that she may never understand,  I may be forced to just stop talking to her about it.  That's fine too.

Only about a twenty hour drive from here to Big River,  I'll be there in less than two weeks!

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 11:48:38 PM »
Mothers eh?
You'll have to draw a line and tell her what side she's on and what side you're on.
But of course, it happens in small things, and in the end, one either gives in or leaves.

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 12:02:04 AM »
It's perfectly okay to not talk to her about it!
(She's probably worried you won't make it to BC if you go there.)
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 10:59:34 PM »
This all sounds wonderful Lori, I want to go with you!

Love the mum, she is just being who/what she thinks she has to be for you. :)
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk