Author Topic: From Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj (Advaita)  (Read 132 times)

Builder

From Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj (Advaita)
« on: September 01, 2010, 12:04:55 AM »
Increase and widen your desires till nothing but reality can fulfill them. It is not desire that is wrong, but its narrowness and smallness. Desire is devotion. By all means be devoted to the real, the infinite, the eternal heart of being. Transform desire into love. All you want is to be happy. All your desires, whatever they may be are expressions of your longing for happiness.

Builder

Re: From Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj (Advaita)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 12:07:12 AM »
If you want to sin, sin wholeheartedly and openly. Sins too have their lessons to teach the earnest sinner, as virtues the earnest saint. It is the mixing up of the two that is so disastrous. Nothing can block you so effectively as compromise, for it shows lack of earnestness, without which nothing can be done.

Builder

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 12:15:57 AM »
Unless you make tremendous efforts, you will not be convinced that
effort will take you nowhere. The self is so self-confident that
unless it is totally discouraged it will not give up. Mere verbal
conviction is not enough. Hard facts alone can show the absolute
nothingness of the self-image.

Builder

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 03:44:45 PM »
Pleasure puts you to sleep and pain wakes you up. If you don't
want to suffer, don't go to sleep.

Builder

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 03:45:55 PM »
When you demand nothing of the world, nor of God, when you want nothing,
seek nothing, expect nothing, then the Supreme State will come to you
uninvited and unexpected.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 03:48:30 PM by Builder »

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 06:01:46 PM »
In a dream a few nights ago, I was too close to a violent raging bull, so in a vulnerable moment I stood on it's nose. Oddly it seemed to give up all desire to live after that. Then a similar thing happened with a sea creature.

Builder

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 10:56:10 PM »
In a dream a few nights ago, I was too close to a violent raging bull, so in a vulnerable moment I stood on it's nose. Oddly it seemed to give up all desire to live after that. Then a similar thing happened with a sea creature.

Interesting dreaming! I have been going/searching through various mind states lately with the aim of identifying still meaningful things in my life, as well as things that have lost their importance.

While doing this, there have been moments of recognition when previously important things turned out to be hollow and empty. These moments have had an echo of 'losing the will to live' with them.

Builder

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 03:27:16 PM »
Nothing troubles me. I offer no resistance to trouble - therefore it does not stay with me. On your side there is so much trouble. On mine there is no trouble at all. Come to my side.

Builder

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 03:28:42 PM »
Your first task is to see the sorrow in you and around you; your next, to long intensely for liberation. The very intensity of longing will guide you; you need no other guide.

Builder

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 03:34:22 PM »
If you could only keep quiet, clear of memories and expectations, you would be able to discern the beautiful pattern of events. Its your restlessness that causes chaos.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk