Psychic and Healer.
Light

Author Topic: The Paradox of Time  (Read 2500 times)

Endless Whisper

The Paradox of Time
« on: March 28, 2008, 08:47:58 PM »
Do you guys ever want to post anything in RS and say "Where the hell do I put this?"

Maybe a time child board would help, lol. Decrease will have to do.

As promised, from Eckhart Tolle's Book, A New Earth. I figured I'd book-o-mancy it for this one and opened it to:

"On the surface, the present moment is "what happens." Since what happens changes continuously, it seems that every day of your life consists of thousands of moments in which different things happen. Time is seen as the endless succession of moments, some "good," some "bad." Yet, if you look more closely, that is to say, through your own immediate experience, you find that there are not many moments at all. You discover that there is only ever this moment. Life is always now. Your entire life unfolds in this constant, Now. Even past or future moments only exist when you remember, or anticipate them, and you do so by thinking about them in the only moment there is: this one."

Endless Whisper

Re: The Paradox of Time
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 08:56:41 PM »
(flip flip book-o-mancy from A New Earth still)...

"On a collective level, the mind-set, "We are right and they are wrong," is particularly deeply entrenched in those parts of the world where conflict between two nations, races, tribes, religions, or ideologies is a long-standing, extreme, and endemic. Both sides of the conflict are equally identified with their own perspective, their own "story," that is to say, identified with thought. Both are equally incapable of seeing that other perspective, another story, may exist and also be valid. Israeli writer Y. Halevi speaks of the possibility of "accommodating a competing narrative," but in many parts of the world, people are not yet able or willing to do that. Both sides believe themselves to be in possession of the truth. Both regard themselves as victims and the 'other' as evil,' and because they have conceptualized and thereby dehumanized the other as the enemy, they can kill and inflict all kinds of violence on the other, even on children, without feeling their humanity and suffering. They become trapped in an insane spiral of perception and retribution, action and reaction.

Here it becomes obvious that the human ego is collective aspect is "us" against "them" in even more insane than the "me," the individual ego, although the mechanisms is the same. By far the greater part of violence that humans have inflicted on each other is not the work of criminals or the mentally deranged, but of normal, respectable citizens in the service of the collective ego. One can go so far as to say that on this planet "normal" equals insane. What is it that lies at the root of this insanity? Complete identification with thought and emotion, that is to say, ego."

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 04:05:49 AM »
Do you guys ever want to post anything in RS and say "Where the hell do I put this?"

that is exactly right - that is the whole point.

Endless Whisper

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 06:02:44 PM »
that is exactly right - that is the whole point.

Figuring out where to put things? I dont get you.

Offline mayflow

• Storm
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 06:16:08 PM »
Figuring out where to put things? I dont get you.

My take is that it is to invite to think about the better place to put things. To increase awareness in the subtleties in even the simple things.

Endless Whisper

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 10:44:56 PM »
My take is that it is to invite to think about the better place to put things. To increase awareness in the subtleties in even the simple things.

You know, I think you're right. But also, if something we write fits with the themes of what we're doing, too. Which in actuality, I do like the themes we have here. New beginnings, old world, death, decrease, birth, et al. That gives plenty of room for good growth and thinking ;)