Psychic and Healer.
Light

Author Topic: Art of Dying  (Read 8209 times)

ellenmoksha

Re: Art of Dying
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 08:04:35 AM »
hey that's good - i'll have to look at BL sometime

Look at him? If you tell me you've never seen Enter the Dragon, I'm gonna put you in a headlock and give you that same speech. What do you mean, look at BL sometime?  :D

ellenmoksha

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 08:08:38 AM »
Course in case Michael hasn't at least seen Enter the Dragon, that snip from the video was with Steve Mcqueen who wasn't in it, but Steve Mcqueen was one of his students when Bruce Lee was training various folks back then, like Kareem Abdul Jabar. And Chuck Norris. He definitely made a huge impression on those men especially.

But gotta see at least, Enter the Dragon, and the showdown in the room of mirrors. There was a message in that scene that wasn't about just 'kicking ass' too.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007, 08:25:23 AM »
call that long?

ellenmoksha

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2007, 08:35:34 AM »
call that long?

Call what long, the headlock?  ???

Edit, nevermind Ive only had a half a cup of coffee.

Yeah, its kinda long. I dont like to post long articles. Like when people post a ten page article and expect you to be as fascinated by it as much as them, what are they thinking? I dont usually read really long posts with long drawn out articles like that.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 08:37:19 AM by erismoksha »

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2007, 08:44:16 AM »
learn to die

ellenmoksha

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2007, 08:50:49 AM »

Offline mayflow

• Storm
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2007, 03:02:02 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Silent_Flute

This was (as the article states) later made into the movie "Circle of Iron" which has some very interesting philosophical viewpoints. The conquering of the fear of death was one of the major battles of the warrior "Cord" - the BL poem that Ellen had posted was spoken by Cord as the closing speech after Cord had won the battles and found the Sacred Book (which was just a mirror on every page) - disdained Nirvana and returned to be a guide to other searchers (of course, while playing a "silent" flute) -

abba Rabidar

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2007, 06:21:44 PM »
To learn to die.. is to intend total awareness, to return to the source, and retain awareness of the experience of being 'laid out by the Eagle'. It is not merely to have your life flash before your eyes, but to have what your life IS flash before your eyes. To intend to die, is to enter into infinity. Then, you may come and go as you wish, because you know. Remember as you gaze at the Eagle that you know. Death will wait for you to rally your power.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2007, 11:11:50 PM »
Then, you may come and go as you wish

yes

ellenmoksha

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2007, 11:40:10 PM »

abba Rabidar

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2007, 12:05:47 AM »
 ;D

Offline zenandnow

• Sprout
    • Giovanni Sollima - Daydream (part 1)
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2007, 09:34:37 AM »
And when to bite  ;)
there is no point in biting, you are already dead. 

biting people does not wake them up.  it turns them to the dark side of anger.  it sends them further from the light.  you do not help them by biting them, you do the devils work for him.

the best you can do is to wake yourself up.  learn to die.  learn you are already dead.  then what they do will not matter.  when they no longer matter you will be free. 
"When you were a wandering desire in the mist, I too was there, a wandering desire.  Then we sought one another, and out of our eagerness dreams were born.  And when you were a silent word upon life's quivering lips, I too was there, another silent word.  Then life uttered us and...-Kahlil Gibran

ellenmoksha

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2007, 10:47:38 AM »
there is no point in biting, you are already dead. 

biting people does not wake them up.  it turns them to the dark side of anger.  it sends them further from the light.  you do not help them by biting them, you do the devils work for him.

the best you can do is to wake yourself up.  learn to die.  learn you are already dead.  then what they do will not matter.  when they no longer matter you will be free. 

Yes there is a point of biting, that's why Bruce told Steve to bite, in the Art of Dying snip where he gave the same speech in the quote in post one. You just weren't paying attention. The Art of Dying doesn't mean, 'lay down and die.' Thus you missed the point.

Offline zenandnow

• Sprout
    • Giovanni Sollima - Daydream (part 1)
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007, 07:24:36 AM »
Yes there is a point of biting, that's why Bruce told Steve to bite, in the Art of Dying snip where he gave the same speech in the quote in post one. You just weren't paying attention. The Art of Dying doesn't mean, 'lay down and die.' Thus you missed the point.
no i got the point.  realising that this may be your last day in the physical plane will show you that there are much better things to do with your time and energy. 

you are already dead.  dead biting dead...pointless.  your energy is wasted. 

can you think of no better use for your time and energy???
"When you were a wandering desire in the mist, I too was there, a wandering desire.  Then we sought one another, and out of our eagerness dreams were born.  And when you were a silent word upon life's quivering lips, I too was there, another silent word.  Then life uttered us and...-Kahlil Gibran

Offline daphne

• Storm
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2007, 09:46:43 AM »
no i got the point.  realising that this may be your last day in the physical plane will show you that there are much better things to do with your time and energy. 

you are already dead.  dead biting dead...pointless.  your energy is wasted. 

can you think of no better use for your time and energy???

If one is already dead.. etc etc.. well then.. who's judging?