« on: December 20, 2010, 08:26:51 AM »

Eddan

Valans spådom
The forecast of the Valan [female Viking oracle]

47. "Then the tree of Yggdrasil [the ash three of life on earth] will shiver
where it stands and the three of all origin will complain
The giant gets lost
and on the road to Hel* everybody get scared
before the relative to Surt swallow him.

50. Rym travels from the East
on the arm hold his shield
in extrem anger the snake of the world twist
the snake whip the waves
and the eagle cries
rape corpses, pale on the beak
and Nagelfar get loose [Nagelfar is a ship made of  mens nails, it is located in Hel and this ship has a central role in the Ragnarök story]

57. "The Sun will be darkened
Soil sink into the sea
from the sky
stars will fall
up raises mist
and fire burn
heat plays high
toward the sky itself"

*Hel should not be confused by Hell - but is is about death, the Norse warriors went to Valhall and women and children went to Hel.

http://www.eddan.net/
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 08:34:35 AM by Jahn »

Ke-ke wan

Re: Eddan
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 02:55:01 AM »
Sounds a lot like Nostradamus, to me.  Gives me the willies, reading it!

Jahn

The Source - The dead Valan [Oracle]
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 06:41:45 AM »

Völuspá

In the Poetic Edda poem Völuspá ("Prophecy [spá] of the völva"), Odin, the chief god of the Norse pantheon, has conjured up the spirit of a dead völva [Valan/Oracle] and commanded this spirit to reveal the past and the future. She is reluctant: "What do you ask of me? Why tempt me?"; but since she is already dead, she shows no fear of Odin, and continually taunts him: "Well, would you know more?" But Odin insists: if he is to fulfill his function as king of the gods, he must possess all knowledge. Once the völva has revealed the secrets of past and future, she falls back into oblivion: "I sink now".

Jahn

The Nasty Kill of Balder by Loke
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 06:51:43 AM »
The völva goes on to describe Yggdrasill and three norns or witches, Urður (Wyrd), Verðandi  and Skuld. She then describes the war between the Æsir and Vanir and the murder of Baldur, Óðinn's handsome son whom everyone but Loki loved.

The story is that everything in existence promised not to hurt Balder except the  mistletoe. Taking advantage of this weakness, Loki made a projectile of mistletoe and tricked Höður, Óðinn's blind son and Baldur's brother, into using it to kill Baldur*.  Hel said she would revive him if everyone in the nine worlds wept. A female jötunn - Thokk, who may have been Loki in shape-shifted form - did not weep.) After that she turns her attention to the future.

Jahns comment: *The gods was using Balder, the god of kindness and love, as a target for their arch shooting exercise. As Balder was like superman, nothing could hurt him, it was safe to aim the arrows toward his chest. However, this "nothing could hurt him" was a deal with all living subjects - that these species should never hurt Balder, the god of love and kindness. But one species was forgotten in the deal, the mistletoe, and Loke, fond of anti behaviour and critics toward the other Norse gods as he was, found out that certain Akilles heal and made an arrow of mistletoe.

Not only did he do that, when it was time for the shooting exercise he instructed Höder, the blind god, how to aim toward Balder. Unfortunately, the blind god made a perfect shot with the dangerous arrow and Balder fell dead.

So is the story, tbc.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 08:18:42 AM by Jahn »

Jahn

Loke and Sigyn
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 06:56:45 AM »
Loke is the dark part of the gods, son of a giant, a troublemaker but he is not malicious or evil.

Though, his killing of Balder is too much.
He fled and get haunted by the other gods. Loke tries to hide in the disguise of a fish (a salmon). But they caught him in a net and after that followed the punishment. A many thousand long year punishment that itself has to do with Ragnarök, the end of old times.

The most beautiful and beloved of the gods, Balder, son of Odin, had been slain by his blind brother wielding a misletoe shaft aimed by Loki. Balder's wife [Sigyn] had joined him on the funeral pyre. After their funeral, they were in the world called Niflheim.

The sentence was that Loke had to lie beneath a snake that dripped venom. Sigyn stay by his side and collect the venom in a cup. However, now and then the cup get full and she has to empty it, then a few drops of venom will hit Loke where he lies, tied by chains in a cave. (As in the picture).

to be cont.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 08:20:18 AM by Jahn »

Jahn

The Release of Loke
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 07:51:17 AM »
Loke is the dark part of the gods, son of a giant, a troublemaker but he is not malicious or evil. In fact there do not exist any evil in the Sir cult.

Though, his killing of Balder is too much for the other gods and Oden.
Loke fled and got haunted by the other gods. Loke tried to hide in the disguise of a fish (a salmon), but they caught him in a net and after that followed the punishment. A many thousand year long punishment that in its completion has to do with Ragnarök, the end of old times. At the time of Ragnarök, Loke would be released with the aim to join the others to fight the coming battles.

The most beautiful and beloved of the gods, Balder, son of Odin, had been slain by his blind brother wielding a misletoe shaft aimed by Loki. Balder's wife had joined him on the funeral pyre. After their funeral, they were in the world called Niflheim.

The great thing in this old story is that when Ragnarök was ahead,  Loke would be released
and now comes my personal message.

I have never been especially interested in these Norse guys or Sir cult, but power wrote on my nose and threw me in in the old myth stew and gave me a role. Odin here and Oden there.  It was a lot of connection to old history back then.

The old story said that Loke should be released when the time of Ragnarök was getting close. In September 2003 a five year old girl was stabbed by a maniac with thirty hits outside her kindergarten. After such a traumatic event that poor girl did not make it to the other side and one morning, walking to my office, I was asked to help her to do the pass to the land of the dead spirits. A robin in my bedroom the morning before (it was a Sunday)  made the omen (! (the blood of christ on the chest of the Robin)) that the spirit of the girls was coming my way. (Yes ther was two girls but the other girl is not of any certain interest here, the other girl was shot by the mob drug in UK, her father was a drug dealer).

I really did my best and after two weeks (in earth time) te swedish 5 year old girl found and reached her heaven. The great thing was that she, with a childs natural convince, forced me up the ladder to heaven. Sabinas heaven was a traditional one, but it was also, to my surprise a heaven of Norse mythology. And there I met Höder, thanks to that young girl. I must say that that experience changed my life in a most fundamental sense.

Long story short.

At about the same time it stood clear that to "release" Loke someone like Oden, one of his Ravens or at least the best replica you can get, any look alike energy on Earth, must take that decision. The gods, how powerful they might be above, had no influence down here. So I simply made that decision, and gave the commission of releasing Loke to Höder. After all they had a historic event together. And I said:
Dear Höder - you that can smell my presence from a mile away - Find Loke, and set him free. Tell him that now is the time and that all mischief is forgotten.

I remember that evening in my chair very well, it was like two thousand tons was pressing my chest and it was not glorious at all. I was pressed down so much that I was almost lying in that armchair. The order had to be outspoken, and that was like talking in cement. The order had to be given, my whole being was saturated with the "knowingness" that this was the time, simply since the world had gone crazy.  The War had begun and the North was gathering their power,  Loke should be brought back to the tribe. Odin opened up the heaven for the mighty forces that day.

And I later saw Lokes car on the street. In Sweden we have register plates that goes ABC 123 in any combination.  For example my plate on one motorcycle is RHA 937.

Then you can buy plates for USD 600 and choose your own letter and numbers. So people and institutions do this. For instance my University use the abbrevation LIU and then add numbers like 1, 2 and 3 for their internal rental cars.

More spectacular,  I saw a (100 thousand bucks) Ferrari that had the plate PANT 1 (PLEDGE 1) meaning that the car was a security for his loans I suppose.  ;D

Now, back to Loke and our Ragnarök, I have seen his (Lokes) car. In Swedish Salmon is read Lax. So on a Silver colored Corvette Stingray (!) I have seen the plate LAX. I saw that fine car the first time in 2004 and I saw it this autumn too, so I know "he is hanging around". Now Loke has nothing to do with the owner of that car. It is only a way to show me a sign, a way to give me a message. You all know that kind of details.

~.~   jm     ~.~
        ~.~

« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 07:36:34 AM by Jahn »

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 04:39:30 PM »
This is an amazing account, Jahn - I've been giving it a lot of ponder.
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Ke-ke wan

Re: Loke and Sigyn
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 03:37:17 AM »
Loke is the dark part of the gods, son of a giant, a troublemaker but he is not malicious or evil.

Though, his killing of Balder is too much.
He fled and get haunted by the other gods. Loke tries to hide in the disguise of a fish (a salmon). But they caught him in a net and after that followed the punishment. A many thousand long year punishment that itself has to do with Ragnarök, the end of old times.

The most beautiful and beloved of the gods, Balder, son of Odin, had been slain by his blind brother wielding a misletoe shaft aimed by Loki. Balder's wife [Sigyn] had joined him on the funeral pyre. After their funeral, they were in the world called Niflheim.

The sentence was that Loke had to lie beneath a snake that dripped venom. Sigyn stay by his side and collect the venom in a cup. However, now and then the cup get full and she has to empty it, then a few drops of venom will hit Loke where he lies, tied by chains in a cave. (As in the picture).

to be cont.

He's my favourite of all.  I remember the day I met him in a dream.  Was quite the revelation for me.  I had no idea who he was at the the time, had to do some research.  Thanks for posting all this Jamir.  I've read bits and pieces of it before.  Just love it.

Jahn

Re: Loke and Sigyn
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 07:48:57 AM »
He's my favourite of all.  I remember the day I met him in a dream.  Was quite the revelation for me.  I had no idea who he was at the the time, had to do some research.  Thanks for posting all this Jamir.  I've read bits and pieces of it before.  Just love it.

Thank you dear.
It is another world, still, it is this world.  :)

Jahn

The Song of Favner
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 08:03:57 AM »

Favner said:

9. The word of hate, you hear in everything
but one true word I tell you,
the gold that chink,
and the golden treasure and the rings,
will be your death [nemesis]

Sigurd said:
10. Each one want to protect their fortune
until the very last day,
though every man must one day be gone
and travel to Hel.

Favner said:
11. You will get The Nornes (The Fates or The Weird sisters) judgment on your nose
and a destiny of an unwise fool
In the water you will drown
if you row toward the wind,
because doomed to death, is all ruin

My translation

Jahn

The Song of Vavtrudner and the Fimbul Winter
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 06:15:06 AM »
It was said, ages ago that three hard winters would precede the age of Ragnarök, but this is not exactly validated. However, We had a hell of a winter in the beginning of 2010, the same time of 2009 was hard too, and now we start with the coldest and most snow rich December ever. In Sweden we have valid temperature recordings for more than 150 years and this December has been the coldest ever in that series. Add to this snow heights that exceed any previous measure, like 20 to 30 inches in my county already, where 10 is considered as much.

The concept of Three winters, the so called Fimbul Winter, (in the originthree years without summers) was first mentioned in the Edda, in The Song of Vavtrudner. I found a English page about that:

"Odin and Vaftrudnir battle in a game of knowledge (1895) by Lorenz Frolich.

In Norse mythology, Vaftrudnismal (Vaftrudnir's sayings) is the third poem in the Poetic Edda. It is a conversation in verse form conducted initially between the Asir Odin and Frigg, and subsequently between Odin and the giant Vaftrudnir. The poem goes into detail about the Norse cosmogony and was evidently used extensively as a source document by Snorri Sturluson in the construction of the Prose Edda who quotes it. The poem is preserved in Codex Regius and partially in AM 748 I 4to. There are preservation problems relating to stanzas 40-41.
SynopsisA depiction of Frigg asking Odin not to go to Vaftrudnir (1895) by Lorenz Frolich.

The lay commences with Odin asking advice and directions of Frigg as to whether it would be wise to seek out the hall of Vaftrudnir. Frigg counsels against this course of action, saying that Vaftrudnir is an extremely powerful giant, the most powerful one she knows. Nevertheless Odin continues with his quest.

On arriving at Vaftrudnir's hall, Odin seeks to obtain Vaftrudnir's wisdom through the classic mechanism of a wisdom contest. Vaftrudnir's response is to accept the wanderer in his hall and only allow him to leave alive if Odin proves to be wiser. Odin, a master of dissimulation, attempts to pass himself off as Gagnradr (trans. "victory"), and beseeches the traditional hospitality which should be afforded to wayfarers. Vaftrudnir, wrong-footed, invites him in and to seat himself. A game of riddling then ensues between the pair.

During the course of stanza 19, Vaftrudnir was unwise enough to wager his head in the case of defeat: victory for Odin will result in his death. In stanza 55, at the conclusion of the contest, Vaftrudnir is obliged to capitulate to Odin's cunning when Odin asks him what Odin whispered in Baldr's ear prior to Baldr's body being placed on the funerary ship, a question to which only Odin knows the answer; it is a rule of the wisdom contest that questions could only be asked to which the questioner knew the answer and so it is at this point that Vaftrudnir recognizes his guest for who he is: You alone know that, what long agoYou said in the ears of your son .I doomed myself when I dared to tell What fate will befall the gods, And staked my wit against the wit of Odin, Ever the wisest of all.Vaftrudnismal 55, translated by Auden and Taylor"

http://yomi.mobi/egate/Vaf%C3%BEr%C3%BA%C3%B0nism%C3%A1l/a
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 06:22:32 AM by Jahn »

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 11:47:56 AM »
Thanks for this Jahn - great to read this material.

the gold that chink,
and the golden treasure and the rings,
will be your death

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk