Author Topic: It's in the water  (Read 385 times)

Ke-ke wan

Re: It's in the water
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 05:58:33 AM »
Try it and see if it works. Eventually there is only one test - your own life.

Charging the water most certainly works.  I've done it numerous times.  I don't know if there are any Wiccans here in Soma, but they charge their water quite often, too using the moon light.  Actually I made a powerful batch of Moonwater on the lunar eclipse and drank it each morning as a charge up, instead of coffee.  Worked wonders. 

I think you may be mis-understanding what I am saying though if you think I said that positively charging the water is going to 'save' me.  However, it's not a bad idea to start small and make changes little by little.   

And again, awareness that there is a problem is key!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 06:04:35 AM by Morninglory »

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 06:04:06 AM »
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Crestwood's water scandal betrays public trust

"You've been drinking contaminated water for the past twenty years ..."

This story about the city of Crestwood hiding from its residents that the water they were drinking was contaminated for decades takes my breath away.  Crestwood's borders are less than a mile away, and the town's recently retired Mayor Chester Stranczek arrogantly reigned over his tiny south suburban kingdom for over thirty years, beloved by his subjects.  This unspeakable public trust scandal is just unfolding -- and if it can happen here, it can happen anywhere.  The Southtown Star's Phil Kadner writes today:

When I called and asked IEPA officials how they could have allowed the problem to exist for so long without stepping in, a spokeswoman at first said the IEPA did its job by making sure that the contaminated well was capped in 2007.

But the IEPA first detected perchlorethylene (PCE), a cleaning solvent, in the well water in the mid-1980s.

"Crestwood officials told us the well had been shut down and that only Lake Michigan drinking water was being used," the IEPA spokeswoman said. "We trusted them. They lied to us. We trust public officials to tell us the truth, and 99 percent of the time they do. What are we supposed to do? Assume they are lying?"

This is Illinois. So yes, I assume public officials may lie. ...

From the Illinois Review:
http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/
~~~~~~~

Death on Tap: The Poisoning of Walkerton

In May 2000, bacteria seeped into Walkerton's town well. The deadly E. coli then slipped quietly through a maze of pipes and into the homes of Walkerton, Ont. Unsuspecting residents thirstily drank the polluted water and bathed in their bacteria-ridden tubs. But soon after, they began experiencing common symptoms of infection; bloody diarrhea and throbbing cramps. Seven people would eventually die and another 1286 would fall ill. The investigation which followed exposed an alarmingly unstable waterworks system made fragile by government cuts.

Broadcast Date: May 24, 2000
Four people are dead and hundreds of others are sick in Walkerton, Ont. A strain of the powerful E. coli bacteria has polluted the town's drinking water. Residents first began experiencing symptoms one week earlier on May 17, 2000. Hospitals have since been flooded with patients complaining of stomach cramps and diarrhea. It remains a mystery how this happened. Schools and daycares are closed. Restaurants and bars are open for business but there are but a few brave patrons.

Orange emergency helicopter ambulances descend on the town to airlift critically ill patients to a larger, specialized hospital in neighbouring London, Ont. Walkerton residents are distressed and demand to know why they weren't told earlier. Town officials are on the defensive and medical officers are baffled by this growing epidemic, as reported in this CBC News report. [/i]

CBC News Archives
http://www.cbc.ca/news/

Builder

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 06:58:34 AM »
When you manage to bless water clean of, say, cyanide (a stuff that kills in seconds) and dare to drink it - let me know.

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 07:06:36 AM »
When you manage to bless water clean of, say, cyanide (a stuff that kills in seconds) and dare to drink it - let me know.

I would never say it is impossible. 

Builder

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 07:15:23 AM »
I would never say it is impossible.

Of course you wouldn't. I would be interested in seeing you actually do it.

Do you actually know how many times we have been at the very same spot: you claiming healing everyone is possible, claiming blessing water clean of chemicals is possible, etc?

But I am yet to see any facts, any deeds of yours in support of these claims.

Another infinite pattern that just goes on and on. Infinitely.

Can you give me any reason why bother? For what I am talking about, is what one actually can do, not what one builds groundless hopes on.

Apparently, you need hope more than anything.

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 07:20:58 AM »
Of course you wouldn't. I would be interested in seeing you actually do it.

Do you actually know how many times we have been at the very same spot: you claiming healing everyone is possible, claiming blessing water clean of chemicals is possible, etc?

Again, you misread me.  I have never once said I have done this or could do it. I've blessed my own drinking water.  That is all. 

Yes, we have been here many times, you think you know me.  You only know what you allow yourself to see.  Have a good day, Builder.  I'm off to do some pre-birthday party shopping.  Should be fun!

Builder

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 07:23:49 AM »
Again, you misread me.  I have never once said I have done this or could do it. I've blessed my own drinking water.  That is all. 

Yes, we have been here many times, you think you know me.  You only know what you allow yourself to see.  Have a good day, Builder.  I'm off to do some pre-birthday party shopping.  Should be fun!

I was about to say ciao as well.
There simply isn't anything to talk about any more.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 08:41:11 AM »
I don't know about the science, although I recall research being done on salt crystal formations. But personally I adopt the 'blessing' approach to everything in my life.

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 10:08:38 AM »
I don't know about the science, although I recall research being done on salt crystal formations. But personally I adopt the 'blessing' approach to everything in my life.

Me, too.  After all, what harm could it possibly do?

You know, Tenzin Palmo, the Buddhist nun, who spent 12 yrs (and then some) in a cave, she practiced blessing her food and drink, each little mouthful, before putting it in her mouth.  I think it's a powerful practice and imagine what we could do on a global scale if we applied that to our own personal lives, globally. 

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 06:01:21 PM »
On the other side, we have the currently popular view that stuff is just stuff. I had this discussion only recently with an old acquaintance. He espoused the view that cars are just machines, and shouldn't have any personal feelings attached to them. I have seen this attitude applied to everything in a person's life.

I prefer to extend my inner love to every object in my life - I bless it by a special affection. I take the view that my life is precious, and thus everything in my life is precious. It's not just a passive attitude - I actively initiate things.

Some things in life are not always a matter of choice. So I adopt the view of, "If you're not with the one you love, love the one you're with." For example with food, when I realise it's not prepared or chosen the way I like, I will never sit there complaining about it as I eat it. My only option is to induce it into my 'world' by loving it by choice. Doesn't mean I forget it is somehow wrong, and thus to avoid in future, but I never reject it emotionally if I am accepting it physically.

I recall the old American Indians saying no one ever got cancer from smoking in their day, because their attitude to smoking was totally different - it was a sacred thing. I witnessed the same with the physical fitness men on the Ganges at Varanasi - they swam and drank the putrid water, but were as healthy and fit as you could be.

I don't go for believing I can remove cholera by treating something as sacred - it may be possible, but realistically it's better to clean up the river if you love it. However I do hold for treating everything as sacred. Not because it may change the quality of the thing, but because that is my predilection towards my world, which will disappear when I disappear.

One problem with discovering something wrong with the environment we live in, is that we start to reject it emotionally while remaining in it. First try to do something about it, but if that is not possible, then love it.

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 10:27:09 PM »
Excellent post Michael.
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2011, 02:55:14 AM »

Some things in life are not always a matter of choice. So I adopt the view of, "If you're not with the one you love, love the one you're with." For example with food, when I realise it's not prepared or chosen the way I like, I will never sit there complaining about it as I eat it. My only option is to induce it into my 'world' by loving it by choice. Doesn't mean I forget it is somehow wrong, and thus to avoid in future, but I never reject it emotionally if I am accepting it physically.

Yes!  Exactly. 

I recall the old American Indians saying no one ever got cancer from smoking in their day, because their attitude to smoking was totally different - it was a sacred thing. I witnessed the same with the physical fitness men on the Ganges at Varanasi - they swam and drank the putrid water, but were as healthy and fit as you could be.

I don't go for believing I can remove cholera by treating something as sacred - it may be possible, but realistically it's better to clean up the river if you love it. However I do hold for treating everything as sacred. Not because it may change the quality of the thing, but because that is my predilection towards my world, which will disappear when I disappear.

I agree here, too.  First step, awareness, then action.  And treating everything as sacred.... because everything is.  Thanks for this reminder.  I've become a little curious, since speaking on this subject of what kinds of things could be done on a global scale.  Similar to a Global Meditation, we could do a Global Blessing.  We could focus on the water maybe, or the air or water, the fish and birds, to affect a change.  I know this is happening all around us already, but I'm feeling like I want to become more a part of this. 

One problem with discovering something wrong with the environment we live in, is that we start to reject it emotionally while remaining in it. First try to do something about it, but if that is not possible, then love it.

Thank you so much for saying this better than  I ever could have! 

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2011, 09:37:52 AM »
Similar to a Global Meditation, we could do a Global Blessing.

I don't have anything against such things, but I tend to not do it myself - at least not in that way. I'm sure it all helps, but too often in life I've seen people who go in for such things, have much they could do in their own life first. It is like those who complain about pollution in the world but still smoke tobacco. First begin at home, then that energy will naturally permeate outwards.

Yet as I have said before, the old Aust Aboriginals would do increase ceremonies for a specific animal or plant "all over the world".

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2011, 06:01:50 AM »
Nothing that I can do will change the structure of the universe. But maybe, by raising my voice I can help the greatest of all causes - goodwill among men and peace on earth.
--Albert Einstein

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk