Author Topic: The Journey  (Read 160 times)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
The Journey
« on: December 16, 2006, 11:40:04 PM »
I have been watching the forum for awhile, and it has become obvious that it's usefulness for members on this path, is limited.

This place is a harbour. A place to rest with friends who understand the struggles and joys of being on a different road to the rest of our fellow humans. We can quietly work on many things which I call the 'lining' of the well - the supports, the padding.

So much material and resource is already revealed here - there is much for anyone who wants to learn more, to follow up on. A lot more could be said, or offered, but there is never an end to this, we will add as we can, and follow up as we see what attracts us.

But growth from this is very limited, unless it is put to the test.

Since ancient times, the way has always been to go out into the world, into spirit, to places you have never been before - to have an adventure, undertake a journey - a journey into spirit.

The energy from this group works slowly but surely upon each of us, until we reach a point, where unless we take flight, we wither and die. that is the point each of us here arrives at, now, or later.

Something is missing here. There is too much armchair talk, too much reflection with a way out.

It won't work. Soma will not save anyone, it will kill your soul with the fog of illusion that you are 'on the path'.

You have to Journey. Travel out of your neighbourhood, and take to the road. It is there that the smoke gets blown away, and you see just where you really stand.

This place is becoming a trap for the lazy in spirit. Go out your door and have an adventure, then come here and tell us of your journey.

Don't tell us of old journeys you once made, tell us of the journey you are ripe for now - tell us of your preparations, your intent. Then tell us of what happened, or is happening.

Go far away.

Offline daphne

• Rishi
Re: The Journey
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 02:10:13 AM »
With the drawing of this Love and the voice of this
     Calling

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
Through the unknown, unremembered gate
When the last of earth left to discover
Is that which was the beginning;
At the source of the longest river
The voice of the hidden waterfall
And the children in the apple-tree
Not known, because not looked for
But heard, half-heard, in the stillness
Between two waves of the sea.
Quick now, here, now, always—
A condition of complete simplicity
(Costing not less than everything)
And all shall be well and
All manner of thing shall be well
When the tongues of flame are in-folded
Into the crowned knot of fire
And the fire and the rose are one.

Little Gidding - TS Elliot

:D :-*

"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

niamhspark

Re: The Journey
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 04:10:04 AM »
I already did go far away. 1300 miles away so far away.

I agree this is limited here, and this is a rest stop for the most part. Course, dreamers, go in other places.

On dreams even, dreams even can be stagnant, if you don't do things in the physical to cause changes. That requires new horizons in the physical, to change the depths of dreams, there too.

But remember too, Carlos found his power spot, going to Mexico with DJ. Basically, a pretty desolate place, he found the Spirit.

You don't always have to go that far for that. Power shows up in mysterious ways. 

Even up here in the canyons, it's become somewhat a power spot. I'll go outside, and I'll hear packs of coyotes howling and screeching.

Last night when driving up, a jackrabbit ran out of the way. The night before, a black cat. They were both in the same spots near my window, when they ran. So there's plenty surrounding me.

India though, is one of the few places in the world, which is nearly unchanged, in that others still follow traditions and live the same as they did a couple thousand-plus years ago. That's why it has a different mystique. Course it's been through changes, but there's so much preservation of the past, you can go back in time. But not moving forward with the times, isn't a good thing. Its going to become more populated than China in the near future. Which is not good.

But it's interesting though, really interesting. You have a peaceful abode created most wish they could have, and you're off to seek the disturbing. Need the senses rattled and shaken round and round. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk