Author Topic: Journey into thin air  (Read 887 times)

Gunslinger

Re: Journey into thin air
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2007, 02:21:02 AM »
At 45, I'm already doing this.  It's a really great idea, Tommy.

Taimi

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2007, 04:46:48 AM »
I'm only planning to do this job until it fulfills it's purpose. I'm not a careerist. I have more spiritual interests in the play here.

First - being forced into thinking that much kind of expands my attention span.

Second - there is much communication with people, i haven't been very fond of that. So the goal is to get over that reluctance. At least as much as it is possible.

Though of course money is also important, I'm going to need it for the mountaineering trips  :P

Taimi

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2007, 07:04:01 PM »
Preparations for the trip are going smoothly, now we are practicing iceclimbing. There's a cliff that is covered with ice this time of the year. We are climbing with crampons and pick hammers. This is easier than climbing the stone wall. On stone wall you have to hold with your fingers, look for the available places to hold on to or where to put your legs. But crampons and pick hammers you can just hit inside the ice and it's more firm like this.

After a few times of testing i have noticed that my sleepingbag is a bit cold though at the shop they said it's just fine for -15 C (5 F) but i get a bit cold even if there is just -5 C (23 F). But that doesn't worry me much, I'm planning to sew an extra layer of fleece or something that i can put inside if necessary.

I found a shop where they sell jackets and other clothes real cheap. So i was able to purchase a waterproof, windproof and breathable jacket, microfleece and a windstopping jacket and also a hat with a price which is half of the price i thought i would have to spend only on the jacket. They sell warehouse residuals, so these are completely new and from decent companies.

Things are looking good.

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2007, 04:27:18 AM »
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

Taimi

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2007, 04:13:00 PM »
Due to these recent events here in Estoned there is a possibility that Russia wants to cut relations with us. So i don't know how it goes, are we able to get visas and so on. This means maybe we are not able to go at all  :-\

Taimi

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2007, 06:45:57 PM »
Probably the trip still will take place.

All this climbing can also be useful for the wallet. I was invited to wash windows of a glass building. See picture  :P

I wonder in the light of all these articles and talking about the collapse of civilization and all that, if all this kowledge that i'm aquiring about ropes and knots and rope systems and hiking and so on, could be very useful some day.

erik

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2007, 06:50:50 PM »
:)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2007, 08:58:48 PM »

All this climbing can also be useful for the wallet. I was invited to wash windows of a glass building. See picture  :P

I wonder in the light of all these articles and talking about the collapse of civilization and all that, if all this kowledge that i'm aquiring about ropes and knots and rope systems and hiking and so on, could be very useful some day.

let me tell you something t,
if you allow anything personal to get in the way of your going on this trip, I will be very disappointed!

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2007, 08:57:44 PM »

Look at you climbing a building!  :-* Your beautiful smile says it all  ;)

I hope things are still working out toward your mountain adventure, very useful indeed.

Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Taimi

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2007, 10:28:51 PM »
Three more weeks before i go. Can't wait to be able to take a brake from work and get away. I hope this will be really refreshing and inspiring journey. Right now i'm even too tired to be excited.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2007, 11:53:13 PM »
make sure you tell us before you leave taimi
have you got a good camera to take?

Taimi

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2007, 03:44:57 AM »
have you got a good camera to take?

I don't know how good it is. Mostly it serves me well but i would like some more quality when taking landscape pictures. It seems to me that the landscape pictures are not as sharp as i would want them to be.  But this current one will have to do, i'm not planning to buy a new one right now. Though i have thought about that very much too.

Taimi

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2007, 05:41:30 PM »
I'll be leaving on 07.07.07 :)

Jahn

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2007, 08:44:00 PM »

At 7 am or what  ;D  :D

Taimi

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2007, 09:01:26 PM »
We though about that too, but that would be too early. But surely i will be enjoying my morning coffee around 7.07 am  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk