Author Topic: Diary of a Fireside Woman  (Read 562 times)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: Diary of a Fireside Woman
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 09:07:07 PM »
Why would I do it for a second time?

because it's obvious the job's not done.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 09:29:19 PM »
One day I know,  Myron will call and I will answer the phone.  And I’ll be calm, cool and collected as if I were talking to a vacuum cleaner salesperson.  I won’t get anxious,  my heart won’t begin to race and I wont feel fear boiling in my veins.  I’ll be nonchalant and confident when I hang up the phone after having spoken with Myron for the very last time and I’ll say to myself with pride “I answered the phone.  Yes, I answered the phone.”

(note - must fix that JS file)

This post is interesting. First I'd be inclined to say, 'just hang up a soon as you know who it is'. But as I read on, I realise you have to get through this in your own way.

It is true you should be able to listen to him and it only makes you feel mildly impatient this idiot is still carrying on in the same way.

To do that you have to process his enchantment. You need to become impervious. To do that, I sense you may need to return to the events when you first met Myron - the initial spark events - when it was positive. You have to write of the good times as well as the bad.

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 02:58:15 AM »
(note - must fix that JS file)

This post is interesting. First I'd be inclined to say, 'just hang up a soon as you know who it is'. But as I read on, I realise you have to get through this in your own way.

It is true you should be able to listen to him and it only makes you feel mildly impatient this idiot is still carrying on in the same way.

To do that you have to process his enchantment. You need to become impervious. To do that, I sense you may need to return to the events when you first met Myron - the initial spark events - when it was positive. You have to write of the good times as well as the bad.

I'll keep that in mind. 

I deleted the post Lori quoted above. She as a moderator of this thread put it up there.

I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt, but she apparently wanted to me to post here.

I'm not even really sure what your point is here, but I'll try to respond to what I think you are saying.

I responded to something you said, quoted it and replied to your own words.   I see that it was later deleted.
I am not a moderator of this thread, I have no more control over it than you do.  No special powers.  :p

Do I want you to post here?  Not particularly.  Like I said, your comments to me are rude and unnecessary.  The fact that you have so little compassion that you feel the need to criticize and complain about my chosen method of healing a past trauma is  unfathomable to me.  I tried to understand what must be going on in your head.  However, that is not for me to do, so I shall leave that up to you and continue on with my own work and hope that you will take Michael up on his challenge and do the same.

Great synchronicity!  This is my quote of the day (via Facebook)
'What angers us in another person is more often than not an unhealed aspect of ourselves. If we had already resolved that particular issue, we would not be irritated by its reflection back to us.'
Simon Peter Fuller
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 03:57:31 AM by winter~ghost »

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 04:01:55 AM »
Windows shut tight despite the sweltering heat
And doors locked, barricaded speak of a danger imminent
Cell phones plugged in turned on
Neighbours in the back and on both sides are on high alert

The broken sleep I do manage to get is interrupted
Time and again
First by a faint noise outside
Is that him? Is he here?
Then by two dogs barking down the alley
Are they warning?
Finally by a shadowy figure faintly visible
Behind the grape vines of the house next door

Startled, relieved I breathe
I knew he was near
The lump in my throat and pit in my stomach assured me
He was on his way
These warning signs have yet to steer me wrong

Though I know he can see me watching him watching
He does not turn or look away
Smugly, slyly he continues to stare me down
As if invincible above any law

A steely calm begins to wash over me
Survival instincts take over
Replacing the tension, nervous fear of falling asleep
Lest I awaken to find him
Once more
In my house
In my bed
In me
The coolness brings with it thoughts, nay wishes
That have danced round my mind
Countless times before
Memorized by now, each one of them
I am certain I could execute
Each and every scenario
Effortlessly emotionless perfectly

Never am I disappointed nor disgusted with my self
For plotting such deadly scenes

For, the woman trapped inside me
Who devises these schemes
Would die the very instant
Such a plan was executed
Thus giving birth
At that same moment
To a new life
A new
Fearless
Me

*** The good news is that I am now able to read old passages and chapters with little to no emotional reaction.  At one point re-reading the words after writing them had me feeling all the emotion and physical sensations that I felt at the time the incidences occurred. 

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 04:04:25 AM »
*** The good news is that I am now able to read old passages and chapters with little to no emotional reaction.  At one point re-reading the words after writing them had me feeling all the emotion and physical sensations that I felt at the time the incidences occurred. 

That is good news!
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2011, 04:07:14 AM »
That is good news!

Yes, thank you <3

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2011, 04:37:27 AM »
*** Author’s Note ***

The day that Willow died was just a couple days after Christmas, it was cold outside and snow blanketed the ground.
My brother Shawn and a good friend, Cam stopped by to see Myron and took him somewhere.  This relieved me immensely. I was often glad to have him gone for the day.  To be alone, just Jakob and I with no stress,  no worries,  just free to be ourselves with no fear of Myron’s actions or reactions.   I asked no questions about where they were going to or when they would be back, just smiled to myself and secretly prayed thanks for the opportunity to spend some quality time with my son.

As Myron was leaving he stopped in the basement to pick up a package.   He was taking with him the body of our dearly beloved Willow. Willow’s lifeless body fit inside a shoe box, she was still so small, with no chance to grow into the large dog she would have become.  As I watched the three of them walk away, Myron, Cam and my brother, I could see that Cam was now carrying the box.  I watched with a heavy heart and pit in my stomach as Cam put the small shoe box in the back of the truck.  “Good-bye little Willow.  We love you!”  I whispered through sobs. 

To this day I still believe that no words were spoken about what was in the small shoe box. And just how Myron got the package to Cam's property and buried it without telling either Cam or my brother what was inside is still a bit of a mystery.  But in those days, many of us sometimes just preferred not to know what Myron was up to.  I guess this was one of those times. 

But what's most disturbing to me about all of this is how the box with our puppy inside it was discovered the following Spring in Cam’s back yard.  Luckily Cam had found the box and not one of his children.  I can only imagine the horror and trauma it would have caused if young eyes and hearts would have witnessed what Cam had discovered that morning.   

Once the snow had melted on Cam's property he found the small shoe box, unburied, half on top of the earth. Believing that Myron had completely buried  his box last Winter, Cam was unsure where this box had come from.  But as soon as he opened the box to see what was inside, the memory of that strange day last Winter came flooding back. 

“What was it, Cam?”  I inquired, only half wanting him to tell me, half believing I already knew the answer to this question. 

At first he didn't want to tell me "You don't wanna know Lori." He repeated a couple of times "You don't wanna know!"

"It was Willow, wasn't it Cam?"  My jaw dropped and my heart sank.  And once more that sickening feeling in the very pit of my stomach.   I knew it was, Willow.  I felt the answer to the question before the words had even left my lips.  . But what I didn't know, yet was the state that Cam had found our puppy's body in.

It took a while for Cam to be able to tell me the details of this story.  Visibly upset, his hands were trembling and his voice was choppy- shaken.   

Not only had Willow's head been severed from her small puppy body by Myron's deadly hatchet, but so, too, had each one of her tiny little paws. 

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 04:39:44 AM by winter~ghost »

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 04:43:53 AM »
'What angers us in another person is more often than not an unhealed aspect of ourselves. If we had already resolved that particular issue, we would not be irritated by its reflection back to us.'

I like this!
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2011, 04:45:59 AM »
I deleted the post Lori quoted above. She as a moderator of this thread put it up there.

I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt, but she apparently wanted to me to post here.

Why would you delete a post? Deleting posts is a lame thing to do. You type it out, say something, then erase it like nothing ever happened? That's dumb. You shouldn't delete. If you put your foot in your mouth (which you did) then you should leave it.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2011, 03:21:17 AM »
Why would I do it for a second time?
I went through my life story systematically from 2001-2004 (but started the preparations and learning the methods earlier). Wrote it down and pulled the energy out. When doing recap was on the agenda, I posted about it - described the sensations and methods. Now I recapitulate every single day.

You're a teacher, Juhani. You're on the verge of being a Great one. Do you think this would make your purpose complete?

When I dropped back into to soma, after being away, I sensed your change and saw a layer of what I thought was amour. I noticed your energy had transformed ... felt very good ... but it still has some kind of sticky protective film, like a heavy duty sunscreen .... hard to describe, sorry.

As I read Lori's words, my first thought is how this would be helpful information to someone that is currently in an abusive relationship ... she is also a teacher. When published she will share her story with the world ... the ultimate recapitulation for a writer. Maybe as an offering and a final recap she will burn the original manuscript ... heh, disc ... whatever.

That's my preference ... write, draw, paint and then shred and burn ... no punctuation, no eloquence necessary ... an offering to the Universe from whence it all came. I'm not a writer or a teacher. My un-importance in the entire scheme of things melds me into the fabric ... none of it makes sense in human words, because it's not demanded ... not today, anyway ...
"If you stop seeing the world in terms of what you like and dislike, and saw things for what they truly are, in themselves, you would have a great deal more peace in your life..."

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2011, 03:25:13 AM »
There are many members in Soma who don't have the courage to speak of their emotional life, just as there are many who don't know how to get in touch with their emotional life, and thus deny it is happening at all. For those who have dug and exposed their underbelly, it is quite obvious when someone is blocking the natural expression of their emotions. It comes out, but it comes out distorted and destructive, in ways that the person often attempts to project onto others.

I have been thinking about it lately, that i would wish to hear more personal stories here. Noone never really speaks about themselves. Well, almost noone :) Yeah Lori has been the most open i guess. There is much sharing of music and  poems and news and pictures and so on... but where are the people?

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2011, 03:35:41 AM »

Maybe as an offering and a final recap she will burn the original manuscript ... heh, disc ... whatever.

Yes, Angela!  I plan to do just that.  In fact, the cover of the book, shows a picture of a Woman (storyteller) around a fire, (burning the script!). 

When I dropped back into to soma, after being away, I sensed your change and saw a layer of what I thought was amour. I noticed your energy had transformed ... felt very good ... but it still has some kind of sticky protective film, like a heavy duty sunscreen .... hard to describe, sorry.

I like the way you describe this.                                                .  Thanks for sharing Ang. 

I have been thinking about it lately, that i would wish to hear more personal stories here. Noone never really speaks about themselves. Well, almost noone :) Yeah Lori has been the most open i guess. There is much sharing of music and  poems and news and pictures and so on... but where are the people?

My opinion:

It would be nice if folks would share more, however in the past, some have tried and have gotten 'persecuted' for it by some members (I use this word because of the drama triangle I just posted.)  Some don't feel safe to share?  I can't say for all, but  I know this to be true for a few because members and ex members have shared this with me.   

I know that I used to not feel safe enough to share and would often post, delete, post delete.  It's been a huge work in progress on my throat chakra to get to the point where I share because I want to and regardless of how the sharing is received.  I'm not sure that anyone else wants to face that.  Sometimes it gets heavy. 

<<<EDIT>>>

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned anything, no intention of stirring up shit.... but it's out there now.  And it is what it is.  :)

.. but where are the people?

And I wonder, too.  Toltecs talk about personal history and being too accessible,  so is it looked at somehow as weak, or not conducive to personal growth to share too much of oneself?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 03:54:05 AM by winter~ghost »

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2011, 04:12:04 AM »
Yes, Angela!  I plan to do just that.  In fact, the cover of the book, shows a picture of a Woman (storyteller) around a fire, (burning the script!).  

:-*
"If you stop seeing the world in terms of what you like and dislike, and saw things for what they truly are, in themselves, you would have a great deal more peace in your life..."

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2011, 04:41:00 AM »
I share - I have an active blog full of the stuff - but I do share cautiously, I admit.
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 04:58:28 AM »
I share - I have an active blog full of the stuff - but I do share cautiously, I admit.

Maybe... but i have been feeling like it gets kind of lost in the middle of the poems and birds and weather and stuff like that  :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk