Author Topic: Seeing through the Double's eyes  (Read 224 times)

Ke-ke wan

Seeing through the Double's eyes
« on: September 13, 2011, 01:03:52 AM »
I remember Della saying, or writing about some experiences she had, during which she was aware of being where she was, daily life and doing her thing, but also could see through her doubles eyes at a different place and or time.  I am trying to locate the post or posts in which she talks about this, because I think I may have experienced this two days ago.

Can someone, Della, or anyone, please either explain this to me more fully, or direct me to the post or piece of writing in which it is described.

Thanks.

Here's the experience:

I'm at work and walking around the kitchen, doing my thing, when suddenly I am aware of just coming back from a dream.   For a minute I say to myself "Oh, that was a strange dream."  then I realize I'm not sleeping!  

I'm at work and it's not possible to be recollecting a dream I just had as I was not asleep.  Somehow I managed to split my attention to be doing my regular work stuff but also be dreaming at the same time.  In the dream, I was walking across a parking lot, no idea where it was, but there was asphalt a couple of cars and some people coming toward me.  

Coming back to here, now in the kitchen and realizing I was just somewhere else dreaming at the same time I was working was a bit hard to swallow for a moment.  My head cracked open a little bit but I was able to pull it back together without too much trouble.

I call this a dream, because that was the only way for me to describe it at the time, but what it actually was, was more like being here now, with a part of me also being elsewhere and being able to view both worlds at once.  As I said, was a tad disconcerting.   

Ke-ke wan

Re: Seeing through the Double's eyes
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 01:47:07 AM »
Maybe I didn't explain myself properly.  I wasn't dreaming while awake, I've done that a thousand times.  It was an experience of doing two things at the same time, split, and then coming back together. 

If anyone else has experiences like this they'd care to share, I'm all ears (eyes lol )
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 01:51:44 AM by ~azure »

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 12:31:27 PM »
I see this as a normal development of the Second Attention. It happens to me, although I can't recall any details just now. It can happen in a variety of ways, where the Second Attention activates while the First is still engaged in a normal way.

The most common is what we call a 'flashback': something triggers an overwhelming awareness that we are somewhere else, where we have been in the past - including the smells, sounds and atmospheric sensations. This can be fleeting or sustained.

Another is when in the midst of some activity, all of a sudden a vision of something completely different takes over the eyes - basically a Second Attention vision, which may or may not make any sense to us. This can also be fleeting or sustained.

Your example, of retrospectively realising you have been in two different places at the same time, is an extension of this.

My view is that we should prepare ourselves to expect such occurrences as normal. But there is a danger that they could get out of control, and then we have mental illness. Also there are certain First Attention tasks where we don't want any cross-currents happening, like driving a car on a busy highway.

My approach is to acknowledge such events, with the understanding that we have loosened the ties on the world, and that anything could happen from here on. But to also keep a close eye out in case this gets beyond our control and management. So much of what we do in activation of the double causes us to walk a fine line between what the world considers sane or insane.

Always it has to be in our control, to open and close our gap. Except of course, that such things only happen once we surrender our obsessive control - thus we need a new understanding of what is balanced. This leads into another very interesting subject of what is the role of our 'will', and how we finally achieve much on the spiritual path once we surrender our 'will'. It is a tricky manoeuvre that the Toltec method utilises, but that's another story.

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 01:08:19 PM »
I see this as a normal development of the Second Attention. It happens to me, although I can't recall any details just now. It can happen in a variety of ways, where the Second Attention activates while the First is still engaged in a normal way.

Yes,  but this was different than how it usually happens for me.  I can't explain how it was different, but it was.   Not like when I was driving across Canada and I felt myself slip into the 2nd attention, over the prairies, driving and dreaming at the same time.   Not like a flashback, either, not like a past-life memory and not like a deja vu. 

I was like a memory of something that never happened, except it did happen, in another layer.  Out of time.             

How I felt, after the experience was just like how I felt when the men came out of the moon in my dream. A little like I had gone a bit insane.       

Luckily, I had a way to come back, and did.        
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 01:10:06 PM by ~azure »

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 01:23:37 PM »
I have lots of instances of this... One that is quite vivid:

I can't remember now what I was "actually" doing, but it seems to me I was at work ... I could have that wrong... I just don't remember.

But suddenly, I was at an old kitchen sink from the '30's, skinning and cutting up a rabbit for cooking.  I was wearing some old-print dress. I cut my finger in the carving process, and stood there at the old sink, running water over the wound, while the smell of simmering cabbage was in the air. I'm "sure" it was the 30's or 40's.

(I've never skinned and butchered anything, much less a rabbit, in this life.)

It took some shaking of my head to snap out of it and come back into the "now".
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 01:29:27 PM »

I can't remember now what I was "actually" doing, but it seems to me I was at work ... I could have that wrong... I just don't remember.

But suddenly, I was at an old kitchen sink from the '30's, skinning and cutting up a rabbit for cooking.  I was wearing some old-print dress. I cut my finger in the carving process, and stood there at the old sink, running water over the wound, while the smell of simmering cabbage was in the air. I'm "sure" it was the 30's or 40's.

(I remember considering at the time that the woman in whose skin I seemed to be might have been having a flash about me at the same moment outside-of-time, and that that's how she had slipped and cut her finger.)
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 01:31:59 PM »
Not like when I was driving across Canada and I felt myself slip into the 2nd attention, over the prairies, driving and dreaming at the same time. 

I was like a memory of something that never happened, except it did happen, in another layer.  Out of time. 

Explain what you mean here Lori - you mean it was not like a dream or vision? Or do mean not like a normal dream of vision?

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 03:15:47 PM »
I'm afraid I can not explain any more than I already have. 

Ill be back when I have the proper words.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 08:33:47 PM »
Good - I'd hate to have to read improper words.  ;)

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 04:23:15 AM »
Good - I'd hate to have to read improper words.  ;)

Well, sometimes words don't work. 

Jahn

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 03:24:46 AM »

That two way of awareness is a regular business for me. I do not really know what to do about it. It is like two movies are playing at the same time. The ordinary Tonal along with the glimpses from other life times, both past and presents and parallel experiences of people that are not me.

However, I see some structure and I am connected to my Soul.

Jahn

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 03:28:49 AM »
But to also keep a close eye out in case this gets beyond our control and management.

When going for a nap, many visions of situations may appear and then I have to open my eyes to stop the "intrusion".

~.~

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2015, 07:29:38 AM »

Yes. 

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2015, 07:31:10 AM »
Explain what you mean here Lori - you mean it was not like a dream or vision? Or do mean not like a normal dream of vision?

I meant it was like a split screen, doing my normal thing in the Kitchen at work, then suddenly pulled out of my body and transported to another place, where I did a thing, but was still aware of what my body was doing back at work.   Then quickly snapped back to here, now.  Like a little window opened.  And I hopped through.

has happened since then.  I guess the first time was a little disorienting.  All good now.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 07:47:04 AM by tiger-lily »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk