Author Topic: Old fox walking over ice  (Read 612 times)

Offline Josh

• Yogi
  • go flower yourself
    • Invisible Acropolis
Old fox walking over ice
« on: February 07, 2007, 02:20:20 PM »

When fire, which by nature flames upward, is above, and water, which flows downward, is below, their effects take opposite directions and remain unrelated. If we wish to achieve an effect, we must first investigate the nature of the forces in question and ascertain their proper place. If we can bring these forces to bear in the right place, they will have the desired effect and completion will be achieved. But in order to handle external forces properly, we must above all arrive at the correct standpoint ourselves, for only from this vantage can we work correctly.
Other is.  Self must struggle to exist.

- Brian George

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
Re: Old fox walking over ice
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 06:06:25 PM »
What does this mean in Engllish?
t2f

Jahn

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 05:10:43 AM »

I don't know, but I do know that we must accumulate personal power if we shall manifest our dreams. I suppose that is what Joshua gives another explanation of ...  ???

Offline Josh

• Yogi
  • go flower yourself
    • Invisible Acropolis
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 05:37:39 AM »
What does this mean in Engllish?

Its already written in english.  You could look at it this way if you like:

x - y = 0, and x + y = z...

but only if you understand how variables work.  They are similar to words that way.

- Brian George

Offline tommy2

• Pir
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 07:06:39 AM »
I don't know, man.  I guess I have developed the habit of taking "tongue in cheek" any time the word "must" is used when dealing with relative concepts. 

t2f

Offline Josh

• Yogi
  • go flower yourself
    • Invisible Acropolis
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 12:00:07 PM »
You've got to have a hinge if you want it to revolve.

- Brian George

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 05:43:45 PM »
Let me try.

When fire, which by nature flames upward, is above, and water, which flows downward, is below, their effects take opposite directions and remain unrelated.

"kind of obvious here"

If we wish to achieve an effect, we must first investigate the nature of the forces in question and ascertain their proper place.

"Magnets. If we wish to make them stick together we have to understand how they work. We know how to get them to stick together, but we want to do something more complicated so now we must understand WHY and HOW the forces involved with magnets work. Like Yin and Yang if we wish to use these magnet's forces we must investigate the nature of the forces in question if we wish to use them."

If we can bring these forces to bear in the right place, they will have the desired effect and completion will be achieved.

"What was the original example of fire and water? Why do they not effect each other? Who can solve the puzzle by rearranging the pieces?"

But in order to handle external forces properly, we must above all arrive at the correct standpoint ourselves, for only from this vantage can we work correctly.

"As within so without. BUT WHY is that true? Think of yourself as a car. What is the steering wheel? Have you ever really taken control of the car? --Are you in the driver's seat? -- ONLY from this vantage can we work correctly. Look at your being as a circle with a dot in the middle. The dot is this center we always talk about, but it our true center, if your there you will know it, if not you wont. The dot is like the axle, or the hinge, and the circle the wheel. When Michael talks about being able to spin I believe this is what he is talking about. I also correlate it with being able to control our folly."
"More over, do you control yourself? If so how do you know you do? Do stand before your reactions or after?"

" You have to have the right elements to make anything happen. All is relative, maybe even magical but it still is something, and that something even as nothing still consists of something that must be balanced right to make it work. You can not balance two forces without a third."
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

Offline tommy2

• Pir
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 06:15:51 PM »
Thank you, Ian.  t
t2f

Offline Josh

• Yogi
  • go flower yourself
    • Invisible Acropolis
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 07:06:30 AM »
Automation can go both ways.  If you are driving down the road, but dont take hold of the steering wheel, eventually the car will crash - with all the consequences that entails.

Reflexive reactions can be like that too, especially when they run free of their origin.

It only appears more difficult in the short term to not let this happen.  That appearance is deceptive.  The truly easiest thing is to actually not let it happen, to let the origin remain unmanifest.  The apparent continuity of momentum may indicate otherwise, but go beyond the appearance.  You will find that continuity is not so continuous after all.

- Brian George

Offline tommy2

• Pir
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 07:29:40 AM »
I don't understand.  Are you saying "all things" (energy in whatever form), enmass, are not one solid whole. 

"Continuity is not continuous"? 

And how can the "origin" of anything be unmanifest?

I need to learn here.

t
t2f

Offline Josh

• Yogi
  • go flower yourself
    • Invisible Acropolis
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 01:44:02 AM »
I don't understand.  Are you saying "all things" (energy in whatever form), enmass, are not one solid whole.

Yes, but this has been said before in many different ways by many different people.  Even the most skeptical scientists will admit to you that atoms are mostly space.. with a few protons, neutrons and electrons floating about.  Solidity is an illusion granted by the sense of touch.   It has its uses.

One whole?  Thats different, because you are going into numbers - the beginning of limitation.  See below...

"Continuity is not continuous"?

It only appears unbroken due to the loss of consciousness between.  It is like life and death, or just the movement of existence itself.  Like a breath.  It is the reason objects can be in motion instead of stuck in a static form.  Energy is a vibration, an oscillation between high and low, back and forth.

And how can the "origin" of anything be unmanifest?

The source is infinite, eternal, containing all potentials and possibilities, without limitation.  The moment any of those potentials arise into formation, they become temporal, limited by their own nature, and must take a due course - eventually returning to the source at some point, then out again, then in, etc. etc.  The temporal arises from the eternal. 

That connection is always there.  Some say you must build a bridge, some say you must remember what has been forgotten, some say you must discover what is hidden in plain sight, some say you must clean that connecting link, etc. etc.  That path is the path.

I need to learn here.

Perhaps... but perhaps you just need to incorporate what you have already learned into your life.  Simply accumulating knowledge will get you nowhere, you must act on it.  You can read books about fixing cars all day long, but you cant fix a car unless you actually get up and do it.

It is interesting that you would find yourself here in a forum such as this, amongst these people - lovers of mystery, the unknown and the unknowable... if you only wish to keep putting on the brakes.  At some point, you will take that leap.  The only question is: will you do it by choice, or will you wait till it is forced on you by "outside" circumstances?

Driving on the highways is much different than driving through congested city traffic.  You need to change speeds, accelerate to proper levels.  If you get on the highway going 15 - 20 mph trying to navigate in such a way, at best you will waste an opportunity, and at worst you will get into a serious accident.  Its all about using this limited earthly time more efficiently.

- Brian George

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 03:24:42 AM »
Yes, incorporation of what we learn into life. This is the hard part. If you give me time I feel I can understand mentally anything. But, putting it into practice that is the hard part.

I'm trying to take one little bit of what I have learned and devote all my time to that little bit until I master it. It used to be that I would set 20+ goals and strive for each of them simultaneously. I now know that that is part of what holds me back. So, take one little thing and master it while still leaving room for spontaneity to practice little bits of other things if the inspiration or whatever moves me.

The structured and unstructured practice. Unstructured open practice of not specifically practicing such and such technique and not specifically defining this or that practice. But instead pushing your awareness deep into the moment deep into your center and acting totally spontaneously  from that place? And, the structured were you employ goal setting type techniques and your energy is utilized to achieve a specific aim and then you can monitor your achievement, and improve as you go. I think that the structured and unstructured done simultaneously compliment each other were the energy created for one is used to propel the other.

I think that taking up the driver's seat in the True Self though is the essence of all this. Everything should flow from there I suppose.

"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

Jahn

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007, 05:09:50 AM »
Perhaps... but perhaps you just need to incorporate what you have already learned into your life.  Simply accumulating knowledge will get you nowhere, you must act on it.  You can read books about fixing cars all day long, but you cant fix a car unless you actually get up and do it.

Right, t is very skilled on handcraft.

It is interesting that you would find yourself here in a forum such as this, amongst these people - lovers of mystery, the unknown and the unknowable... if you only wish to keep putting on the brakes.  At some point, you will take that leap.  The only question is: will you do it by choice, or will you wait till it is forced on you by "outside" circumstances?

When Life becomes the Teacher, we all know what it means. I did flunk myself, once, and therefore I want to be in the lead and dream my life without interventions from above. I suppose this is first class knowledge, or second, or at least somewhere in the books ... ?

Offline Josh

• Yogi
  • go flower yourself
    • Invisible Acropolis
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2007, 06:25:28 AM »
therefore I want to be in the lead and dream my life without interventions from above. I suppose this is first class knowledge, or second, or at least somewhere in the books ... ?

Everything should flow from there I suppose.

From above, first class, second.. take a guess.  It is written in books "as above, so below".

Getting to the heart of the matter requires penetration into its essence.  You can remain on the periphery if you wish, but it wont last forever - it will just repeat endlessly.

- Brian George

Taimi

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2007, 08:52:30 AM »
When Life becomes the Teacher, we all know what it means. I did flunk myself, once, and therefore I want to be in the lead and dream my life without interventions from above.

Like being in control?

I've been thinking about this lately. My life used to be very simple. I liked it when i had a clear view about the things happening. But now there are many things going on, so i can't predict what's going to happen, especially in conjunction to my job. Even driving a car in the city alone makes me feel like i'm losing control over my life ;D . It's good actually, being in control is boring. Like somewhere in CC's books it was said - 'When nothing is for sure we remain alert, perennially on our toes. It is more exciting not to know which bush the rabbit is hiding behind than to behave as though we know everything'.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 11:01:07 AM by Rubina »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk