Author Topic: Caring and Not Caring  (Read 90 times)

nichi

Caring and Not Caring
« on: February 15, 2007, 09:21:42 AM »
Caring and Not-Caring

"The nagual Julian didn't care about anyone," he continued.  "That's why he could help people.  And he did; he gave them the shirt off his back, because he didn't give a fig about them."
   "Do you mean, don Juan, that the only ones who help their fellow men are those who don't give a damn about them?" I asked, truly miffed.
   "That's what stalkers say," he said with a beaming smile.  "The nagual Julian, for instance, was a fabulous curer.  He helped thousands and thousands of people, but he never took credit for it.  He let people believe that a woman seer of his party was the curer.
   "Now, if he had been a man who cared for his fellow men, he would've demanded acknowledgment.  Those who care for others care for themselves and demand recognition where recognition is due."

Don Juan said that he, since he belonged to the category of those who care for their fellow men, had never helped anyone:  he felt awkward with generosity; he could not even conceive being loved as the nagual Julian was, and he would certainly feel stupid giving anyone the shirt off his back.
   "I care so much for my fellow man," he continued, "that I don't do anything for him.  I wouldn't know what to do.  And I would always have the nagging sense that I was imposing my will on him with my gifts.
   "Naturally, I have overcome all these feelings with the warriors' way.  Any warrior can be successful with people, as the nagual Julian was, provided he moves his assemblage point to a position where it is immaterial whether people like him, dislike him, or ignore him.  But that's not the same."

The Nagual Julian
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN

Speaking of mysterious....

erik

Re: Caring and Not Caring
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 04:50:23 PM »
Taking care because of not caring...

...punishing with the same ease and intensity as rewarding and patting on the shoulder...?

...with one second interval...?

Those who care for others, care for themselves - those who do not care for themselves, do not care for others and are thereby best suited to take care of them?  :)

Dr House?    :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 07:45:39 PM by Sundance Kid »

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 12:04:17 AM »
"The nagual Julian didn't care about anyone," he continued.  "That's why he could help people.  And he did; he gave them the shirt off his back, because he didn't give a fig about them."

funny that.

Someone at the recent workshop said they didn't know anyone who does so much for others without any complaint, as me. Another person said it was because I have a big heart.

I didn't say anything - I enjoy these false rumours circulation.

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 07:06:04 AM »
funny that.

Someone at the recent workshop said they didn't know anyone who does so much for others without any complaint, as me. Another person said it was because I have a big heart.

I didn't say anything - I enjoy these false rumours circulation.

Don't you weary sometimes of the cardboard cutout?
You are human, after all...
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk