Author Topic: Immortality  (Read 101 times)

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
Immortality
« on: January 15, 2014, 12:29:57 PM »
What is wrong with us human beings, and has been wrong since time immemorial, is that without ever stating it in so many words, we believe that we have entered the realm of immortality. We behave as if we are never going to die - an infantile arrogance. But even more injurious than this sense of immortality is what comes with it : the sense that we can engulf this inconceivable universe with our minds.

Carlos Castaneda
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
Re: Immortality
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 03:36:46 AM »
This is an interesting wiki on Immortality: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immortality
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
Re: Immortality
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 03:57:57 AM »
Even the wiki goes into how Christians churches do not state their is an immortal soul so churches do differ, and Buddhism does not adhere to the philosophy of an immortal soul. Toltec, seems to be one can be snuffed out in the eagles beak. But definitely Buddhism and Toltec would be alike to lose awareness would be key that this can happen.

Yet we have all these great myths over time of immortality, and various things. But its looking strongly, in the face of impermanence, we may just be extending something in the end. One thing is imminent, the ego does not survive and most know this. So trying to create something permanent seems critical - awareness. This seems to be what Buddhists do, stilling the mind so rebirth will be ideal. Toltec teaches awareness is critical to pass the eagle, to retain this. So my goal is to attain my awareness, and also direct myself to an ideal place of living, sustaining that awareness, for as long as I can at least.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk