Author Topic: The Agony and the Ecstasy  (Read 82 times)

nichi

The Agony and the Ecstasy
« on: February 15, 2007, 09:30:55 AM »
Every time I entered into heightened awareness I could not cease marveling at the difference between my two sides.  I always felt as if a veil had been lifted from my eyes, as if I had been partially blind before and now I could see.  The freedom, the sheer joy that used to possess me on those occasions cannot be compared with anything else I have ever experienced.  Yet at the same time, there was a frightening feeling of sadness and longing that went hand in hand with that freedom and joy.  Don Juan had told me that there is no completeness without sadness and longing, for without them there is no sobriety, no kindness.  Wisdom without kindness, he said, and knowledge without sobriety are useless.

Introduction
The Fire From Within

nichi

Re: The Agony and the Ecstasy
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 09:44:48 AM »
Sadness, for sorcerers, is not personal. It is not quite sadness. It's a wave of energy that comes from the depths of the cosmos, and hits sorcerers when they are receptive, when they are like radios, capable of catching radio waves. The sorcerers of olden times, who gave us the entire format of sorcery, believed that there is sadness in the universe, as a force, a condition, like light, like intent, and that this perennial force acts especially on sorcerers because they no longer have any defensive shields. They cannot hide behind their friends or their studies. They cannot hide behind love, or hatred, or happiness, or misery. They can't hide behind anything.
      The condition of sorcerers is that sadness, for them, is abstract. It doesn't come from coveting or lacking something, or from self-importance. It doesn't come from me. It comes from infinity.

The Active Side of Infinity
Carlos Castaneda

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 07:20:26 PM »
Sadness, for sorcerers, is not personal. It is not quite sadness. It's a wave of energy that comes from the depths of the cosmos, and hits sorcerers when they are receptive, when they are like radios, capable of catching radio waves. The sorcerers of olden times, who gave us the entire format of sorcery, believed that there is sadness in the universe, as a force, a condition, like light, like intent, and that this perennial force acts especially on sorcerers because they no longer have any defensive shields. They cannot hide behind their friends or their studies. They cannot hide behind love, or hatred, or happiness, or misery. They can't hide behind anything.

ahhh... there we go - that sadness again..

Jahn

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 10:33:56 PM »
If just all people could realise that they in fact are naked.

"They cannot hide behind their friends or their studies. They cannot hide behind love, or hatred, or happiness, or misery. They can't hide behind anything."

tangerine dream

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 11:37:14 PM »
If just all people could realise that they in fact are naked.

"They cannot hide behind their friends or their studies. They cannot hide behind love, or hatred, or happiness, or misery. They can't hide behind anything."

:)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk