Author Topic: Doubling up  (Read 137 times)

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
Doubling up
« on: January 16, 2014, 12:09:20 PM »
I'm going to begin telling you about the "double" or the "Other." The double is the sorcerer himself developed thru his dreaming . The double is an act of power to a sorcerer but only a tale of power to you. The double is the self; that explanation should suffice. For a sorcerer who sees , the double is brighter.

Don't take things so seriously. I've told you time and time again that the world is unfathomable, and so are we, and so is every being that exists in this world. It is impossible, therefore, to reason out the double.

A sorcerer can double up, that's all one can say. No sorcerer knows where his Other is. A sorcerer has no notion that he is in two places at once. To be aware of that would be the equivalent of facing his double, and the sorcerer that finds himself face to face with himself is a dead sorcerer. That is the rule. That is the way power has set things up. No one knows why.

By the time a warrior has conquered dreaming and seeing and has developed a double, he must have also succeeded in erasing personal history, self-importance, and routines. So doing is the means for removing the impracticality of having a double in the ordinary world, by making the self and the world fluid, and by placing them outside the bounds of prediction.

A fluid warrior can no longer make the world chronological, and for him, the world and himself are no longer objects. He's a luminous being existing in a luminous world. The double is a simple affair for a sorcerer because he knows what he's doing.

A sorcerer may certainly notice afterwards that he has been in two places at once. But this is only bookkeeping and has no bearing on the fact that while he's acting he has no notion of his duality.

CC
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
Re: Doubling up
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 01:53:19 PM »
I have yet to experience being in two places at once. I can imagine such a thing would be quite challenging. I think because I would probably become afraid spirit keeps me from doing this, which I am ok with.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 02:18:35 PM »
That may not be entirely true tho, but DJ may have been talking about something different. But I have dreamed and pulled out and seen my body. When I have done this, I feel a lot of angst for being separated. So I struggle and struggle to go back into my body. Somehow, I begin moving like my toes to wake myself up, trying to move anything. Then, eventually, I move enough so I go back in. Then I wake up, shake it off like, 'what happened?'

I notice when this happens I was not in deep sleep. Like an in between state. And usually before I pull out, I feel like a shake, a tremor within my body, then *poof* Im out.

Jahn

Don Juan teachings
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 06:04:52 AM »

You must push yourself beyond your limits, all the time. The only possible course that a warrior has is to act consistently and without reservations. You know enough of the warrior's way to act accordingly, but your old habits and routines stand in your way.

You say you've heard that the masters of Eastern esoteric doctrines demand absolute secrecy about their teachings. Perhaps those masters are just indulging in being masters. I'm not a master, I'm only a warrior. So I really don't know what a master feels like.

It doesn't matter what one reveals or what one keeps to oneself. Everything we do, everything we are, rests on our personal power. If we have enough of it, one word uttered to us might be sufficient to change the course of our lives. But if we don't have enough personal power, the most magnificent piece of wisdom can be revealed to us and that revelation won't make a damn bit of difference.

I'm going to utter perhaps the greatest piece of knowledge anyone can voice. Let me see what you can do with it.
      Do you know that at this very moment you are surrounded by eternity? And do you know that you can use that eternity, if you so desire?

There! Eternity is there! All around! Do you know that you can extend yourself forever in any of the directions I have pointed to? Do you know that one moment can be eternity? This is not a riddle; it's a fact, but only if you mount that moment and use it to take the totality of yourself forever in any direction.

You didn't have this knowledge before, now you do. I have revealed it to you, but it doesn't make a bit of difference, because you don't have enough personal power to utilize my revelation. Yet if you did have enough power, my words alone would serve as the means for you to round up the totality of yourself and to get the crucial part of it out of the boundaries in which it is contained.

Your body is the boundary I'm talking about. One can get out of it. We are a feeling, an awareness encased here. We are luminous beings and for a luminous being only personal power matters.

The introducion of Tales of Power by Carlos Castaneda

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: Don Juan teachings
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 07:55:04 PM »
You must push yourself beyond your limits, all the time.

This is the problem, right here. Very very few people want to push themselves beyond their limits. Oh they may say they do, or they agree, but really they avoid it like the plague.

Jahn

Re: Don Juan teachings
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 09:22:05 PM »
This is the problem, right here. Very very few people want to push themselves beyond their limits. Oh they may say they do, or they agree, but really they avoid it like the plague.

I get tired just thinking about it ... and tired when I view the rear mirror too ...

runningstream

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 09:29:26 PM »
Carlos writings always had a peculiar energy to them

i wonder

could he fly ? or where or what was he flying with

they were very powerful those books

i wonder if different a flight / teaching

is needed collectively for different generations

there were some really great lessons in them really

yet it cant just stop as it re engages in different ways perhaps

for reaching infinity

Jahn

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 05:40:06 AM »
The core of warriorship is the same for all generations no matter of time and space
Man can't fly
And infinity is for ghosts

But do not believe what others try to tell you
Find out on your own

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 05:44:06 AM »
A sorcerer may certainly notice afterwards that he has been in two places at once. But this is only bookkeeping and has no bearing on the fact that while he's acting he has no notion of his duality.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk