Author Topic: Creating a Fog  (Read 170 times)

nichi

Creating a Fog
« on: February 15, 2007, 09:53:07 AM »
Creating a Fog

...I have no routines or personal history. One day I found out that they were no longer necessary for me and, like drinking, I dropped them. One must have the desire to drop them and then one must proceed harmoniously to chop them off, little by little. If you have no personal history, no explanations are needed; nobody is angry or disillusioned with your acts. And above all no one pins you down with their thoughts. It is best to erase all personal history because that makes us free from the encumbering thoughts of other people. I have, little by little, created a fog around me and my life. And now nobody knows for sure who I am or what I do. Not even I. How can I know who I am, when I am all this?

Little by little you must create a fog around yourself; you must erase everything around you until nothing can be taken for granted, until nothing is any longer for sure, or real. Your problem now is that you're too real. Your endeavors are too real; your moods are too real. Don't take things so for granted. You must begin to erase yourself.

You've said that you want to learn about plants. Let's put it this way then. If you want to learn about plants, since there is really nothing to say about them, you must, among other things, erase your personal history.

Begin with simple things, such as not revealing what you really do. What's wrong is that once people know you, you are an affair taken for granted and from that moment on you won't be able to break the tie of their thoughts. I personally like the ultimate freedom of being unknown. No one knows me with steadfast certainty, the way people know you, for instance.

From now on you must simply show people whatever you care to show them, but without ever telling exactly how you've done it. You see, we only have two alternatives; we either take everything for sure and real, or we don't. If we follow the first, we end up bored to death with ourselves and with the world. If we follow the second and erase personal history, we create a fog around us, a very exciting and mysterious state in which nobody knows where the rabbit will pop out, not even ourselves.

When nothing is for sure we remain alert, perennially on our toes. It is more exciting not to know which bush the rabbit is hiding behind than to behave as though we know everything..."

JOURNEY TO IXTLAN
Carlos Castaneda

Winner Winner x 1 View List

erik

Re: Creating a Fog
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 06:42:07 PM »
 :)

The best way to create a fog is to not know even yourself what you are doing!

I have a friend (sorcerer) who likes to say: 'How the hell could I know what I'm doing?! I do first and only then realise what was the purpose!' :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 07:47:34 PM by Sundance Kid »

nichi

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 06:38:35 AM »
:)
I have a friend (sorcerer) who likes to say: 'How the hell could I know what I'm doing?! I do first and only then realise what was the purpose!' :)

Answering the call of spirit and being in the perfect flow!

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 07:26:34 AM »
I have witnessed three times in trance what I now call "The Wall of Fog".  Once the LadyHawk was with me as our Doubles embraced in ceremony.  At first we thought it was alive but then realized that there was something in it which was alive, a being maybe, from more than one world.  It was in more than one form at the same time and our dreaming bodies pictured it in a way that was best for us to assimilate into our inventory that morning near the forest, in a glen.  It was speaking without sound as the fauna came out of the woods to look around at each other in a way they usually don't do.  Even the great geese came from the thick air to land and stare at what we could not see but only sense in a gifted way.  In the moving silence it seemed that we were there to be taught something. 

We turmed away moments later, in tears, hand in hand, only to look back to realize that was gone.  It was too great for us then, and still is.  All we know today is that is washed us clean of something that was inhibiting our Will to believe.

We still hold hands today, this moment, in a way that is undescribable. 

Later that same year I took my leap to freedom.  It was then I realiized I had nothing to leave behind.  It took Sis years to find her own stature to leap.

It was something we asked for, this Wall of Fog.  As Juan so solidly put, we all summon into our lives all things which are there.

t2f

Jahn

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 10:47:25 PM »
Creating a Fog
      From now on you must simply show people whatever you care to show them, but without ever telling exactly how you've done it. You see, we only have two alternatives; we either take everything for sure and real, or we don't. If we follow the first, we end up bored to death with ourselves and with the world. If we follow the second and erase personal history, we create a fog around us, a very exciting and mysterious state in which nobody knows where the rabbit will pop out, not even ourselves.

When nothing is for sure we remain alert, perennially on our toes. It is more exciting not to know which bush the rabbit is hiding behind than to behave as though we know everything..."

JOURNEY TO IXTLAN
Carlos Castaneda

So there were both expressions of the rabbit - both "hiding" and "pop up". Heh.

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 01:42:19 AM »
So there were both expressions of the rabbit - both "hiding" and "pop up". Heh.

;) :)
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Gunslinger

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 05:10:17 AM »

I understand the don Juan quote.  I don't understand this not knowing what you are doing, though, having been there myself.  Granted, we never know in this lifetime all of ourselves, and since we are always growing, expanding, evolving in essence, we can never know our whole selves.  That's the point of existence, never knowing all and being on the eternal journey of discovery.  But intentionally not knowing self, what you are doing, thinking, feeling?  If there is anything such as the Eagle, which I doubt, I can't imagine a faster way to be on the menu.  No.  Been there, done that, and for a long time, even though I was intentionally looking, attempting to SEE, in the Toltec sense of that word.  Your choice, but I don't suggest it.  We all see the personal history and the masks people don as their idea of "self".  But they don't really know what they are doing, and they certainly don't have a conscious awareness of their inner self.  That's not a state I would suggest, either.

Offline Josh

• Yogi
  • go flower yourself
    • Invisible Acropolis
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 12:56:11 PM »
I think he was more referring to the mysterious nature of activities that occur.  An analogy for this can be drawn with: the way you just move your arm to pick up a glass, rather than consciously move each individual tendon and skeletal joint in proper sequence.

Intentionally not knowing is something else.  You must remember the goal of the toltecs is to regain the totality of oneself, and to see the essence of reality.

There is certainly a great difference between this world of seers and sorcerers and that of "ordinary" functioning.  To operate completely at the level of Intent and let the rest of the chips fall where they may is no small matter.  It takes skill as well as ability, both of which are hard won indeed.
Other is.  Self must struggle to exist.

- Brian George

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 02:22:53 PM »
Answering the call of spirit and being in the perfect flow!
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk