Author Topic: Tiny Homes  (Read 181 times)

Ke-ke wan

Tiny Homes
« on: December 29, 2015, 01:44:40 PM »
I've always been a big fan of selling everything, packing up and loading an RV or a remodeled bus and hittin' the dusty trail.  Have done it a few times in not exactly that way.  But the tiny home movement has got me to thinking.  A person could buy an old bus, a trailer or cravan and slightly mod it to make it a beautiful and functional tiny home.

Here's  how some people do this:

The tiny house movement  is a description for the architectural and social movement that advocates living simply in small homes.   Seems practical and affordable!

Ke-ke wan

Re: Tiny Homes
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 01:52:29 PM »
"The small house movement is a return to houses of less than 1,000 square feet. Frequently the distinction is made between small (between 400 square feet (37 m2) and 1,000 square feet (93 m2)), and tiny houses (less than 400 square feet (37 m2)), with some as small as 80 square feet (7.4 m2).

Small houses are also used as accessory dwelling units (or ADUs), to serve as additional on-property housing for aging relatives or returning children, as a home office, or as a guest house.[10] Typical costs are about $20,000 to $50,000 as of 2012.

In Oakland, California, Gregory Kloehn builds small houses out of found materials, for an estimated cost of $40.

Small and tiny houses have received increasing media coverage [13] including a television show, Tiny House Nation,  (which I am watching on the tele right now) 

in 2014 and Tiny House Hunters. The possibility of building one's own home has fueled the movement, particularly for tiny houses on wheels. Tiny houses on wheels are often compared to RVs. However, tiny houses are built to last as long as traditional homes, they use traditional building techniques and materials, and they are aesthetically similar to larger homes."

I do not care  much about the movement, honestly, but the words "Tiny house" are adorable, and the homes themselves are super cute.  Affordability and mobility and the fact that most of them are esthetically and energetically (good feng shui) pleasing, are what draw me to these cute little homes.  And you can mkae these out of re-claimed everything! Totally custom.

look at these:

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 01:57:17 PM »
I'd like something a little softer, though.

Or a little more feminine

Some flowers, a little herb garden.  A place for tea with the birdies

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 02:21:42 PM »
Pretty!

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 02:22:14 PM »

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 02:27:45 PM »
Loft bedrooms inside, so romantic and cozy

Outdoor bedroom:

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 04:19:33 PM »
Thanks for sharing these!

They are cute, but I can tell I'm too tall and cumbersome to dwell within. 

Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 08:17:55 AM »
I'm still dreaming...

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 07:07:33 AM »
This is a tree-caravan!

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 08:13:53 AM »