Author Topic: enjoy life while you can  (Read 142 times)

Offline elliot

• Sadhu
enjoy life while you can
« on: March 20, 2007, 04:30:05 PM »
"O great creator of being, grant us one more hour / to perform our art and perfect our lives."    Jim Morrison

Offline elliot

• Sadhu
bloom as often as you can!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 04:32:58 PM »
"O great creator of being, grant us one more hour / to perform our art and perfect our lives."    Jim Morrison

Offline elliot

• Sadhu
enjoy the comfort of home
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 04:35:16 PM »

Offline daphne

• Rishi
Re: enjoy life while you can
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 06:34:42 PM »

"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 06:35:51 PM »

"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 06:36:48 PM »

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 06:37:39 PM »

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 06:38:55 PM »

Offline elliot

• Sadhu
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 02:30:42 PM »
I like the last one daphne.  the mother lioness with those eyes and one paw towards her cub.  it amazes me the relationship a mother has with her young ones.  so primal yet gracefull.  Esp in some humans I know.  (i think of the mother of my daughter, there relationship together is perhaps the most powerful I've witnessed.)

Online Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 04:27:20 PM »
great pics!

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 10:59:47 PM »
I like the last one daphne.  the mother lioness with those eyes and one paw towards her cub.  it amazes me the relationship a mother has with her young ones.  so primal yet gracefull.  Esp in some humans I know.  (i think of the mother of my daughter, there relationship together is perhaps the most powerful I've witnessed.)

yes, the bond between mother and child can indeed be a powerful one, and, as you say, primal yet graceful (nice expression btw!)

So.. how about "father and child"?
I have been observing my daughter with her new baby, and my son-in-law with his new daughter. It has been most fascinating.

Offline elliot

• Sadhu
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 03:17:02 PM »
yes, the bond between mother and child can indeed be a powerful one, and, as you say, primal yet graceful (nice expression btw!)

So.. how about "father and child"?
I have been observing my daughter with her new baby, and my son-in-law with his new daughter. It has been most fascinating.

Daphne, let me tell you a bit about my relationship with my daughter.  I will try.  It for me is to, the most powerful relationship I have ever witnessed.  She is the most precious thing that I have ever encountered in my life.  A treasure, a teacher, a mirror.  I have this French Pyrenesse mountain dog.  When Lydia was two she would play with this dog like it was nothing.  These dogs are pretty big but known for being docial socially.  One day a scream of terror came from Lydia in the living room.  I come rushing in to see this dog having her pinned on the floor pawing (scratching) on her back.  With no for thought on my end,  I went up to that dog and cold cocked that bitch right square in the jaw.  So hard that I thought one of use were going to have something broke as a result (either my hand or her jaw)  we both ended up ok after the swelling in my hand went down and after the dog regained her senses.  That dog has never "played" with Lydia in that way again, ever. 

I'm a laid back dude.  Or at least I like to think that I am.  However, when it comes to this there's nothing that won't stop me from protecting her.  It was this incident that I realized just how powerful my bond is with my child.

Yes the mother to Lydia is the protector, in an emotional sense yes.  However, my role is protector to.....more physical.  (And spiritual to at times)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 03:58:54 PM by elliot »

Offline elliot

• Sadhu
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 03:52:09 PM »
I must note this to:  It is a direct result of the relationship I have with my daughter that can cause confusion.  For example, the dog incident.  The mom did not exactly agree with my method of taking care of the situation.  However, from my point of view I think I handled it quite....efficently.  I only think this after the fact.  During the fact there was no thought just some primal urge that swelled up in me instantly when witnessing the event.  So for me as a father?  Primal yes.  Graceful?  Well, I guess at times I can leave much to be desired in this respect (something Baba used to tell me on TNF).

(Something I can work on)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 04:02:06 PM by elliot »

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2007, 05:15:15 PM »
Thank you for sharing your story, Elliot.   

"Efficiently" in itself implies a certain "gracefulness"   :) :-*

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk