Author Topic: Hot stones...  (Read 108 times)

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
Hot stones...
« on: April 05, 2007, 10:20:13 PM »
Ive been looking into this for the past few days and did my first session last night with great success.

Has anyone here had one?

Indulge in a Hot Stone Massage!
By Francoise Rapp

Have you heard about hot stone massage? If you have never experienced this unique indulgence, you owe yourself this exquisite moment.

Stone massage is a unique connection we experience with nature, offering a sense of profoundness and sacredness that we too often forget. It's a deep healing and unique moment that enhances our awareness and brings us closer to our true essence. It is the perfect treatment that is as enjoyable and healing for the client as it is for the practitioner.

Stone massage involves the application of water-heated basalt stones of varying sizes to key points on the body, giving a deep massage and creating sensations of comfort and warmth. The direct heat relaxes muscles, allowing manipulation of a greater intensity than with regular massage.

Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Zamurito

• Pir
    • Impeccability
Re: Hot stones...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 11:44:17 AM »

Ive been looking into this for the past few days and did my first session last night with great success.

Has anyone here had one?

Indulge in a Hot Stone Massage!
By Francoise Rapp

Have you heard about hot stone massage? If you have never experienced this unique indulgence, you owe yourself this exquisite moment.

Stone massage is a unique connection we experience with nature, offering a sense of profoundness and sacredness that we too often forget. It's a deep healing and unique moment that enhances our awareness and brings us closer to our true essence. It is the perfect treatment that is as enjoyable and healing for the client as it is for the practitioner.

Stone massage involves the application of water-heated basalt stones of varying sizes to key points on the body, giving a deep massage and creating sensations of comfort and warmth. The direct heat relaxes muscles, allowing manipulation of a greater intensity than with regular massage.

Hi Jen...

I'm just cruizing thru the folders, still.  So much information here!

Ang has received one from me, as I'm a Massage Therapist.

Sounds like a good idea for the weekend as well...haven't had the stones out in....forever!

z
"Discipline is, indeed, the supreme joy of feeling reverent awe; of watching, with your mouth open, whatever is behind those secret doors."

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 12:13:21 PM »
Ang. you are a lucky girl!!!  :-*

The stones Ive been using are about 3-4 inches wide and flat.. sound right?

Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Zamurito

• Pir
    • Impeccability
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 12:38:09 PM »

The stones Ive been using are about 3-4 inches wide and flat.. sound right?

They come in many different sizes.  3-4 inches sound pretty big, although I do have several that size. 

For me it's personal on how and where I use stones:  How a certain stone fits in my hand, the area of the body I'm working on, and the structure of the person I'm working on.  (And of course How you use the stone...the edge of it, yadda, yadda.)  It really is a 'touchy feely' sorta thing ;)

I have two whole different sets of them.  Some from very small to fit between your fingers and toes, either heated or frozen, and then a wide assortment of shapes and sizes for different areas of the body.

z
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 12:40:37 PM by Freedom »
"Discipline is, indeed, the supreme joy of feeling reverent awe; of watching, with your mouth open, whatever is behind those secret doors."

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 02:55:56 PM »

;D Ang :-*
"If you stop seeing the world in terms of what you like and dislike, and saw things for what they truly are, in themselves, you would have a great deal more peace in your life..."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk