Author Topic: Snow Leopard  (Read 235 times)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Snow Leopard
« on: April 12, 2007, 12:24:52 PM »
Some of you may know that the snow leopard is one of my favourite cats. well, in darjeeling, they have a snow leopard breading program, perhaps the only one in the world. so i was able to get some wonderful footage of these extraordinary animals. only in their enclosure, as they paced while watching another leopard in an enclosure further down.

this clip is 50 Mb, and in mpg format. I may buy a DivX licence soon and will be able to offer lower sized clips, but for now, that's it.

Snow Leopards

there is also a quick shot of a clouded leopard at the end - it was next door.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 12:27:37 PM by Michael »

Taimi

Re: Snow Leopard
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 03:05:47 AM »
I read from somewhere that snow leopards don't attack humans (in the nature i suppose), that there are no recorded attacks. I don't know if that's true

erik

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 04:07:37 AM »
The regular leopard usually doesn't touch humans either. Ill and injured animals start hunting humans. Could be, that injured or ill snow leopard simply does not survive long enough to hunt people (it lives from 2000-6000 metres above sea level). There is no shyness in snow leopard, though. It has been witnessed to kill prey three times its size (it weighs up to 75 kg and can jump 15-20 metres).

erik

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 04:10:10 AM »
Michael, these big cats are fascinating!

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 07:25:17 AM »
i love their tails

Offline elliot

• Sadhu
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 02:59:15 PM »
I love there tails to Michael.  Good choice for favorite animal by the way.  And thanks for sharing.
"O great creator of being, grant us one more hour / to perform our art and perfect our lives."    Jim Morrison

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 07:55:16 PM »
I cant see the clip with my dial up..   I did read The Snow Leopard a few weeks ago.  ;D They are very interesting cats!

Lots of snow here.. LOTS! Slip into that furry coat and come play in the Maine snow Michael!

Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Taimi

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 09:29:38 PM »
http://www.snowleopardconservancy.org/video.htm

Here are two videos of snow leopard.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 07:54:43 PM »
thanks taimi, but unfortunately they are Real Media files, and I no longer have that program - actually I have tried to avoid it due to its spyware.

I'll keep the files - I may get Real again some time.

Offline Muffin

• Pir
  • Keep the beast in my nature under ceaseless attack
    • Sensorium Dei
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 04:26:53 AM »
convert them
"The result of the manifestation is in exact proportion to the force of striving received from the shock." -Gurdjieff, Belzebub's Tales to his grandson

www.sensoriumdei.org

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 10:38:58 AM »
rudi do you know of a converter that doesn't require you already have a Real product installed?

Offline xero

• Sadhu
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 11:21:00 PM »
Strange how humans have to have programs to keep species alive.

Not so much the case of a leapard in the zoo but rather -  the zoo in the leapard...sadly.

x

Offline Muffin

• Pir
  • Keep the beast in my nature under ceaseless attack
    • Sensorium Dei
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 01:37:42 AM »
Try Media Coder [^], it's open source and free. You have to set audio to "No audio" with these clips or you'll get an error.

If you can't get this program to work, then use Real alternative [^]. It's "Real" without all the bull, and you can view any Real content.
Winavi will let you to convert rm,ram files without problems if you have Real Alternative. (it's not free).

Similarly for Quicktime I use Quicktime Alternative [^] instead of the one on the Apple site. It's clean of any programs and funny things.
"The result of the manifestation is in exact proportion to the force of striving received from the shock." -Gurdjieff, Belzebub's Tales to his grandson

www.sensoriumdei.org

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 02:27:53 AM »
I've got dsl and can't get it to play either.
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 09:19:49 PM »

Michael and Julie as young cubs... :)
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk