Author Topic: Dead People  (Read 236 times)

nichi

Dead People
« on: May 26, 2007, 10:01:58 PM »
The last few dreams have had all the usual scenery: tables, chairs, beds, hallways, doorways, doors, clothing, humans-who-talk, everyday walking-about, but ....
All the action has been underwater.
And all the players are deceased.

I've asked why I'm there in the dream -- and wondered if perhaps I am dead as well. But it has been too interesting to see who comes around the corner next. Some I knew had died, some I didn't know had died.

"This is no different than living," I say to myself in the dream. The joys are the same, the hurts are the same.

It puts a new twist, for me, on death being an advisor.   Not only are our lives preciously short, but we stand the possibility to take our issues into eternity.  That is a caution, for me, that I could potentially still be absorbed in the shit which occupies me now at times. That is the scariest thing I've ever considered.

Offline daphne

• Rishi
Re: Dead People
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 01:59:58 AM »
There was a time, after I was in a bad car accident from which I walked out unscathed, that I wondered whether I was alive or dead. I remember the accident very vividly - it was like something I have never experienced before, an awareness in which time and space, as I thought I knew it, was different.

For many months after that, I would continue on as if alive, and then in the privacy of my room, would search my mind to find something that would confirm to me that I was indeed 'alive'. Sounds funny when I think on it now.. though at the time it was not. I still explore that, every now and then. It brings me to an understanding (for myself) of what it means "there is only the now".. that in itself rather scary in a weird way, cause I can't really put it into words, and words to me meant understanding.. though they no longer have that same hold, I am quite happy with 'knowing' and not being able to express it - quite a change for me!   :)

Life and death... and.. life and death... I often wonder what it really is..
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

nichi

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 02:57:07 AM »
I am quite happy with 'knowing' and not being able to express it - quite a change for me!   

Life and death... and.. life and death... I often wonder what it really is..

Indeed!    I can relate to what you've shared, Daph, thinking of myself also at times as the walking dead.

I've always thought and felt that infinity and eternity were something very different than the here and now, sharing with it only the aspect that it is here and now (or then and now, as the case may be).  I picture a traverse towards a light, and a choice to either walk into it, or to veer off -- some say past the eagle. But in either case, the trappings I imagine thereafter are something very different than that to which our human casings have become accustomed. If ever we were beyond our human form, I've pictured: then is the time.

I picture drifting through space, with the sky-gods -- or utterly alone, as the case may be, unless one knows how to navigate to the formless to join with the others with whom eons have been known. Unless one has retained that awareness and knowledge beyond. I've even pictured that death potentially releases the knowledge to us --- that all that with which we have fumbled trying to know now, will be second-nature then.

In this dream, I was essentially earth-bound to my own personality. Gods forbid that! All the same insecurities, and way too much of my physical form.  No, I did not like that at all.

Perhaps the dream is telling me that were I to die today, this is all I would have to take with me. I would like to think I've done a little better than that, but perhaps I've been deluding myself.

I don't want to be here, watching all the disaster to come. Nor do I want to be a longing ghost, caught in confusion, desire, and regret.

So much work to be done. And already so tired!

Then there's the water aspect ... continued ...

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 03:09:37 AM »

So much work to be done. And already so tired!

That's all anyone can do, keep at it..   :-*
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

nichi

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 03:15:40 AM »
For the Mayans and the Toltecs, the afterlife was underwater.
Here's an interesting essay, on many counts:
GOING INTO THE WATER

The thesis of the essay is that the afterlife was seen as underwater due to the impact events around the Yucatan, each of which created a mega-tsunami, still alive in the memories and folklore of the Mayan and Toltec people.

If not the genetic memory ...

It is not so well known yet, but the Chesapeake Bay (across the street from me, basically) was also created by an impact event.  Different writings about it put it at different times, so there's much yet to learn about it.  This article intimates that the time frame is the same as the second Yucatan event, and that Atlantis was actually in the Atlantic, affected by the same impact event.  Many disagree about that, but I can easily believe that there was a mega-tsunami event here. Lord knows I've had enough recurring dreams about it over the decades.  I've feared it being the future, but in one turn of the moment, it could be the past, indeed.

Hence ... my dreammind put the afterlife underwater, again, contrary to my imagination. I point out the above to clarify that it isn't a hearkening to "toltec" for me, but a hearkening to the space around me.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 03:34:39 AM by nichi »

nichi

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 03:28:11 AM »
The ship at sea,
now old and without strength to navigate,
be it with two or three masts,
will list and turn over.
~The Priest Xupan Nauat

The diviners of birds,
The diviners of stones, (tun)
The diviners of flat stones,
The diviners of jaguars, (balamob)
are weak spirits.

Sixteen hundred years is the end of their lives,
And three hundred years follow.
And so their lives are ended:
Because they know the Count of Days among them.

Returned is the month;
Returned is the year;
Returned is the day;
Returned is the night;
Returned is the wind,
And gone again.

Returned is the blood also:
It has arrived,
And divined,
On the nobles mats,
And on the thrones.

They have measured to learn the best hours;
They have measured to find the best day;
They have measured there to see the arrival of the best stars in ascendancy;
They have measured to observe the arrival in ascendancy of the best stars:
The best tun altogether.

And so they form their opinions. (Ca tun u takbes y al ob.)

Author unknown

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 04:02:06 AM »
For the Mayans and the Toltecs, the afterlife was underwater.
Here's an interesting essay, on many counts:
GOING INTO THE WATER

The thesis of the essay is that the afterlife was seen as underwater due to the impact events around the Yucatan, each of which created a mega-tsunami, still alive in the memories and folklore of the Mayan and Toltec people.

It is fascinating to me how "water" seems to turn up everywhere. Sometimes when I have 'flying dreams', my inclination is to swim; a rhythmic movement that seems easier at times. 

Many years ago I had a series of water dreams, some easy some catastrophic (to me) During them I was taught to breathe underwater  :)

One rather fascinating dream involved some sort of escape hatch into the level below, down a sort of spiral tube, because the "waters were coming" - and I has this image of a mass of rolling high water.

Another 'water' dream, I was part of a compliment crew on a ship - though not a sailing ship, was a ship in the "waters". Our mission was to find the key that would turn the living dead to life. The key was somewhere on the ship, and being an adventure dream.. there were others trying to stop us.  :)

Your dream has brought up memories of my own dreams, V! Thanks!   :-*

nichi

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 04:11:51 AM »
One rather fascinating dream involved some sort of escape hatch into the level below, down a sort of spiral tube, because the "waters were coming" - and I has this image of a mass of rolling high water.

Another 'water' dream, I was part of a compliment crew on a ship - though not a sailing ship, was a ship in the "waters". Our mission was to find the key that would turn the living dead to life. The key was somewhere on the ship, and being an adventure dream.. there were others trying to stop us. 

Wow!! The living dead to life! Very fascinating indeed!

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 07:59:03 PM »
wondered if perhaps I am dead as well.

you are vicky, you just haven't realised it. the past is dead, and your past is dead.

there is nothing to lose and nothing to be afraid of. its over.

you are in the waiting room at the end of the universe.

why didn't the duck cross the road?   cause it was chicken.

nichi

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 08:11:31 PM »
why didn't the duck cross the road?   cause it was chicken.

Probably.  :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk