Author Topic: How it was in Australia  (Read 920 times)

erik

Re: How it was in Australia
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 06:04:04 AM »
Wow .... in that pond, I'm sure it 'must be' the reflection of the sky between the treetops, but ... my first thought was that it was you and Tiina  -- or your spirits, swimming underwater.

Sun lit two or three clouds very brightly when we were next to that pond. I guess they are reflected in the pond.

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2007, 07:57:00 AM »
What an awesome journey Juhani! Can hardly wait as it unfolds, piece by piece! It's like I want it all in one fell swoop! Learning patience!  :)   
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

Offline Shamaya

• Pir
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 09:15:55 PM »
Juhani - Thank you so much for sharing your amazing journey!!
The mountains, ocean, and that pond with the reflection of sunset - beautifully touching!

:D
The body is an instrument played by the Divine; listen to its music.
Reflect not, but respond to it with spontaneous right action in the moment.
Be the uninhibited dancer and move to the rhythm of Spirit.
© Barbara Atkinson

Jahn

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2007, 02:11:59 AM »
Interesting question, why is the horizon curvy? Here is another one:

Initially I thought that it was because the camera was not quite horizontal, but the horizon actually is curvy and not flat. We were some 100 meters above sea level, too. Maybe it is really the Earth itself? I don't know the right answer.

Landcrabs, as we say here about people that haven't been on the sea  ;D. You do not even need to be high up to see the curvature of earth when out on the sea.

Jahn

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2007, 02:17:17 AM »
Wow .... in that pond, I'm sure it 'must be' the reflection of the sky between the treetops, but ... my first thought was that it was you and Tiina  -- or your spirits, swimming underwater.

Exactly my interpretation of what i saw too! Tina to the left.

erik

5. Border Ranges National Park
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2007, 02:23:42 AM »
Visiting rainforest in Border Ranges National Park is the plan for our third day in Australia. Yes, it is only our third day. We intend to make moderate walk and take a look at waterfalls in the rainforest.

We start driving quite early and our first stop is in Uki. We find the power spot Michael talked about right away. The feeling, the energy is the same soft embrace that was up there at Wollumbin. These places seem to be connected. It is stunning that such a place is actually in the town and, perhaps, it is no wonder that a war memorial has been erected there. Staying there is thoroughly enjoyable!

Driving is quite a challenge. The road is narrow, curvy and spirals up and down on the slopes. Local drivers seem to quite enjoy the drive there. We feel changing altitude in our ears and parts of our brains responsible for balance have some adjusting to do! We miss our turn into the National Park and have to drive a longer road through Kyogle. Our efforts are rewarded as we see kookaburra sitting right next to the road on a fence. We pull over and look at that bird with sheer joy! It is such a wonderful creature who, unfortunately, is not fascinated by the modelling career and resolutely declines the photo opportunity! What a pity!

The drive is quite long and the gravel road we drive makes it even longer. It is compensated by the views that open to us here and there. Eventually we reach our destination. The green wall of forest starts a few meters ahead of us.

We dive into forest and this time it is denser than at Wollumbin. Sometimes we can see only a few meters ahead. It is all green, full of life (though no bugs are visible, and only a few birds make noise), and ruthless competition for light. We have literally dived into that green bush. Our walk becomes softer, we make less and less noise and move like two shadows – quietly and sensing the forest around us.

Then we hear falling water. These must be Selva Falls – our destination. We get closer, and all of a sudden they pop out of the green: initially a smaller one, then the larger one. They are a very peaceful sight. I wonder if they have had any significance for Aboriginals. It is easy to imagine Aboriginals having a drink and taking a swim there in scorching summer day – in the endless forest. Well, not that endless any more.

Our way back is as quiet as coming. We watch huge trees, all sorts of crawling plants, intricate patterns. We whisper and point to each other interesting sights. Exiting the forest is a sort of surprise, as it felt that we went much deeper into it.

Our drive back takes place in an arriving dusk. We wonder if we should be careful because of kangaroos. We have not seen any yet…but right there it is, and really having no hurry to cross the road! When this chap finally decides to move and jump, it is an unreal sight! Such an ease and grace with which they move!

I slow down and we look around very carefully. We reach asphalt again and drive that narrow spiralling road all the way back again. We are very careful (these buggers can move out of the bush with lightning speed!) and it pays off. Behind one curve with extremely limited visibility there are two kangaroos also in no hurry to cross the road. When we finally reach Murwillumbah and stop, I’m knackered. Tiina goes to buy food, I stay out and simply look at the stars. In about 15 minutes I’m getting relaxed and willing to talk again.

Our way back to our bed & breakfast place goes quickly. We eat, take shower and read. Sleep comes quickly...tomorrow…tomorrow we’ll drive to Michael…
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 06:58:34 AM by Juhani »

erik

6. Meeting Michael
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2007, 07:39:46 AM »
We get up at 8 am, get things packed and have breakfast at 9 am. The weather is kind to us – it is sunny and clear. We sit on the balcony and enjoy the view. Unusually high ferns surround the house, and Tiina calls them fern trees. Their leaves are large and Tiina does not want to miss the opportunity to take a few photos of them.

We thank our hosts, pay and get moving. We have to cover some 400 kilometers and at least part of the road is in mountains. We drive again through Uki, take a last glance at it and continue. At one point there is a beautiful view of Wollumbin and we say our good-byes.

Soon we are out of mountains and we see a different kind of Australia. It is more flat with more primal colours.

It is a long drive and at some stage Tiina starts to experiment with camera. Our road goes through various forests. There are some consisting of eucalypts, others are more of mixed trees. They are all very different form what we are used to see. A thought comes to us that we would be in trouble navigating these bushes as we’d have difficulties in spotting various marks and differences in trees and bush to mark our road. Our eyes just don’t see all the details there. Fortunately, there are no kangaroos jumping on the road.

We pass some places associated with dark pages of Australian history. During a brief stop we read that Aboriginals were surrounded after some quarrel with farmers on that cliff and forced to plunge into their deaths.

On the brighter side we see a place has become so very much associated with crocodiles and Australia!

But it all is only secondary. Today I have only one eye for all that surrounds us. The other eye looks into what is ahead.

I count kilometres to our destination…300, 200, 120, 90, 36, 20…we are almost there. My mind is focused on Michael and he seems to be focused on us. We miss one intersection, make a circle, come back and there…we stop in front of a house that fits the description given to us. I take a phone and ring.

‘We are here – right in front of the house!’
‘In the blue car?’ There is a smile in Michael’s voice.
‘Yes’
‘Come in, let’s have a cup of tea!’

We get out of a car on a bit wobbly legs after long sitting, and Michael opens the door. We step in. He is a strongly-built man with high forehead and grey hair. He is taller than me and he has wide shoulders. He smiles warmly, his voice is very clear when we say hello and shake hands. In the electric light of the room I see that his eyes are bright and are not nearly as dark as I thought.

Through my mind goes a thought – ‘so this is how he looks!’ So this is how the man with whom I have been interacting over the Internet for 10 years looks. He looks quite human after all. Am I surprised or disappointed?

We are at Julie’s mother’s place. We sit and drink tea. Discussion takes off easily – we are first time in Australia, we’ve seen coastline and whales. Then we switch to current affairs and politics. Discussion rolls easily and fluently.

Weather is getting cooler and fire has to be lit in a stove. Michael explains that they live a bit further away with Julie – it is a half an hour drive on a gravel road with considerable potholes. Michael drives a van and takes the lead; we follow with our small car.

It is dark outside and Michael drives fast. We try to stay on board. On the gravel we can’t keep up, though, as we have to dodge potholes and slow down. Michael waits. We reach him – by now the only lights around are these of our vehicles. It is total darkness and we haven’t got a clue of what sort of landscape we are driving through, except that the road is curvy and goes up and down. We drive over a bridge that is so low that creek flows over it and stop under a large tree. There!

Now we get a sense that we are surrounded by hills, but it is very dark and we do not see much.  We go inside. The house is not a big one. Julie comes to greet us – she is a tall woman and she looks with such a warmth in the eyes when she greets us. Julie has been cooking a dinner for us.

Now it is time to hand over the most aerodynamic beer, the stone, a book for Julie and a box of chocolates. Michael and Julie look a bit puzzled while we do it. But the beer gets opened and Michael goes and puts on his Indian clothes.

Michael shows us the way to the caravan where we’ll be sleeping. The heater is on and it looks quite cosy. We took our stuff in there and return to a house.

When I enter the living room with a large fireplace and see Michael standing there, I have a distinct feeling that it is not just a house I have entered and it is not just a human being that stands in front of me. That is the very moment I realise that I have put myself into a highly challenging situation.

Has something changed in Michael’s eyes? Do they look different? Has their expression changed? I don’t know, but I realise clearly that even being inside that house is a challenge to a part of me. Part of me rejoices being there, the other part is already under fire. Something in there, in that house is coming after me. Michael is not just a man, but there is something unfathomable connected to him, actually – behind him. He is a human-looking front, façade for it. All these realisations and feelings go through me in a fraction of a second.

Michael seems to realise clearly what is going on with me and switches back to a worldly discussion about driving, Wollumbin, what is going on in local university, politics and so on. Meanwhile we eat an extremely tasty Indian food cooked by Julie. She is an amazing cook! We sit in front of fire and talk, talk, and talk more. We could probably talk forever! Periodically I become aware that part of me is being challenged energetically. We go and wash the dishes with Michael. He washes, I dry them up. That goes smoothly!

Julie and Tiina become sleepy and leave, I cannot go yet. I’m here with Michael! I want to talk just about anything with him. I’m so curious, but I don’t ask questions – 10 years of interacting over the web have developed a habit in me of catching all bits of information Michael spares, then collating them and looking for an answer myself.

I feel tremendous attraction, and simultaneously there is that unfathomable quality there about him. He talks with me about all sorts of earthly things, but I know that another part of him communicates with me simultaneously at a very different level. My attention is split. All sorts of thoughts run through my head simultaneously. Part of me is restless and wonders why the hell did I come here – in the middle of nowhere. The other part knows that something big is afoot. I want to run and stay simultaneously. Yet I want to stay much more.

We sit in twilight, and talk. Michael is struggling with his computer. Time goes, I get sleepy, too. Time to go to sleep. I walk out and see some kangaroos or wallabies no more than 10 meters from the house. One of them must be the bugger who’s been eating Michael’s fence! They run after seeing me. I get into the caravan and fall immediately asleep.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 08:22:58 AM by Juhani »

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2007, 11:14:31 AM »
This is such a wonderful sharing Juhani! Thank you so much for taking us along with you to Australia!

What a heart felt adventure  :-*

Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2007, 11:54:14 AM »
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.”

Helen Keller
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Jahn

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2007, 05:35:05 PM »

Connection
Alignment
Excitement

and Rest.

sugilite

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2007, 11:16:08 PM »
Awesome! :-*

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2007, 08:52:51 PM »
the beer was good!

erik

7. Mount Yarrowyck
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2007, 12:30:25 AM »
Michael selected Aboriginal sacred place at Mount Yarrowyck as a place we are going to visit today. Interestingly, it is a place he has not visited himself. The weather is grey and there are occasional downpours. We drive off in the van. Michael drives quite fast and splashes water quite a bit. He definitely likes it when the fountains of water are higher than the van!

We get to the beginning of path and begin to walk.

Michael lets spirits know that we are coming. The place is breath taking! There are countless huge boulders scattered among the trees and the overall feeling is of immense power of nature.

A fallen tree strikes us with its colour.

We walk under the mountain and we take a look up. The sight is quite unusual. Is it only us who see many faces there? Beings looking at us curiously? Or are they there? Spirits of Aboriginals merged with the mountain over dozens of millennia?

At some moment along the walk, I happen to be next to Michael when he looks intently at surroundings. I’m taken aback by his eyes and the whole expression. The colour of Michael’s eyes struck me earlier, but now I realise that it matches perfectly the scorched primal colour of Australian bush. It is as if they are two windows through which that untamed oldest continent looks. The eyes are not the kind and smiling eyes of Michael of yesterday. They are so fierce and tense with intent that they look like eyes of a bird. Unblinking, all-seeing eyes. The whole face has changed. That is a sight that still makes me just go quiet…

With Tiina we tail the party. As the weather is pretty grey, I’m the one responsible for taking photos. I’m torn between that and desire to focus on what’s transpiring. Somehow I manage to stay in one piece.

We arrive at the place. There are drawings on the rocks. They are a few centuries old.

It is a brush turkey dreaming place. Remember that chap?

Michael climbs somewhere up between the boulders. Julie and Tiina sit, I’m not quite sure what is happening and look around. Michael calls me, I climb up and find him sitting in a shelter between huge boulders. We sit side by side. I try to relax and shift my attention to the old times, to when Aboriginals did their dreaming there. Michael says that that shelter was a place where they left their gifts to spirits. I manage to relax a bit and close my eyes. I feel darkness and somebody’s warm and kind presence – as it seems to happen every time I try focus my attention on Aboriginals. We climb out of the shelter and Michael makes a long piercing sound and gives some water to spirits.

I try to focus on the shelter and get a vision of two Aboriginals sitting there side by side. One is an older man with painting on his forehead; next to him is a 12-year old boy. I check myself for wishful thinking and ask Michael if he sees the same, but no, he does not.

We climb higher. Michael reads the place like an open book.

I notice that the weather is clearing up. From that spot we get an amazing view of an endless landscape. Sitting on one of these boulders, you could feel yourself living in eternity. Living in a world that is endless. Michael says that I should show these places to Tiina and we sit with her in the shelter and walk around between the boulders. Tiina is taken by the place, too.

We start to walk back and I take the last look at the brush turkey dreaming place

The sun is smiling at us.

Now Tiina has a camera and enthusiastically takes pictures of everything of interest. The sights are truly amazing. I’m walking and letting all that has happened simply sink in. I do not even try to realise or understand why I feel like I have been connected (or reconnected?) to something. Is it co-incidence that the first creature that came close to us in Australia was brush turkey, and now we visited brush turkey dreaming place? Time will tell.

We reach the van and see that Michael and Julie are there already. Michael is smiling and he’s in a jolly mood. He liked the place and walk. It was a good walk!

We drive off and visit Michael’s and Julie’s friends. Carl is a metal artist and when we greet his hands really impress me. Jesus, these are not hands, but tongs! They can bend and twist metal as ever they like!

Carl is busy fixing the front of his car damaged by crash with a kangaroo. We get to chat and it is naturally about kangaroos and hunting them. Carl starts to talk about the city heroes who hunt kangaroos with their 4x4 vehicles, rifles with optical sights, search lights and so on. Somehow talk shifts to hunting pigs and Michael says that hunting pigs is much more dangerous because they can get aggressive, but nevertheless, there have been men who have killed them with knives. It is rare, though, nowadays. I comment that these pigs must be as wild as boars are in Europe (that can be pretty dangerous if agitated), and ask Michael about the size of these things. Without blinking his eye he points at a tree some 10 meters away and says ‘well, in average’. Then it starts to dawn on me that Carl and Michael truly love to have a good laugh…

Then we have a tea and talk about various things. Mostly about the situation of Aboriginals, their art and government’s new initiative aimed at stopping child abuse at Aboriginal settlements. Carl gives us quite a talk on that one!

It is time to leave and we drive back to Michael’s place. Julie treats us with another fantastic Indian meal and we have another chat in twilight in front of a fireplace. Today we talk about how universities are changing, how they are producing homo faber (faber means smith) instead of homo sapiens. How thinking is being substituted with doing. How the ability to think creatively is being eroded, how the sense of history (and learning from previous experience, in particular) is being undermined and educational system produces people who have no sense of the evolution of human civilisation and mistakes made previously.

We switch to talking about Soma and Michael expresses tremendous regret over limitations of Internet. So little could be done over the web! If only we could meet in flesh! Soma is a database and reservoir of fine energy, but there could be so much more done!

We talk about how human life would look like if dreamers and stalkers could arrange themselves so that dreamers would dream and stalkers protect and provide for them.

We talk about tomorrow. Tiina has to leave for conference in Melbourne tomorrow. I have to drive her to Coffs Coast where she’ll board the plane. We’ll return our car and I’ll take the bus back. We have to drive a couple of hundred kilometres. Michael and Julie recommend stops at places like Dorrigo and Bellingen along the way. It will be a long day and we have to be at Coffs Coast before noon already. We go to sleep.

That night I see a dream of working in a company run by my friend. He is a nice and loyal man. Very honest, very kind. But he is limited. He does not perceive many dimensions, many aspects of the things he is supposed to do. He is just too limited for the task. That’s what I feel: there is so much more to it and he just does not see it. Working for him, implementing his orders is like being in straightjacket.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 08:32:39 AM by Juhani »

erik

8. To Coffs Coast and back
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2007, 03:38:16 AM »
We wake up early, and pack Tiina’s stuff right away. Michael and Julie are already up. It is farewell time for Tiina. Hugs. There is a sadness of farewell in the air. Will we meet again? I hopefully will manage to come back today, but Tiina will not be coming back (this time, at least…but will there ever be another time…?).

Michael makes again that piercing call and asks Tiina to do the same. She manages something like a whisper. My achievement is louder, but it rather reminds of an elephant outraged by chronic diarrhoea. Hopefully it was heard!

We drive off. It is cool and grey morning. We have our jerseys on. Our little car is covered with red mud and Michael has given us a rag to clean it up a bit before handing it back. That way we wouldn’t have to pay extra.

The first hour goes uneventfully. The road is empty, but the weather seems to be clearing up. We see some kangaroos, but they do not show any suicidal tendencies despite some of them sitting right next to road. We drive through various landscapes and the closer we get to the ocean the clearer the weather becomes. Tiina navigates perfectly again.

We make a small break at a place called Ebor Falls. We can only sigh and say that Australia is really-really incredibly beautiful land! What words could describe this sight in the morning sun?

We reach Dorrigo and we must fill the tank. As the petrol station is empty, we decide to wipe the car clean. Tiina gets water from somewhere and I keep working with the rag. Couple locals look at us with certain amazement – we must look exotic in our jerseys and wiping the car. Eventually it is done and we keep going. We cross the mountains again and reach Bellingen. We have time and we decide to have our morning coffee and some cheese-vegetable muffins. It’s warm there. Sun is high and we feel how warmth flows into us and makes us sleepy and relaxed. Half hour passes like 5 minutes. More coffee and we are on our way!

We reach Coffs Coast airport at 11.30 am. We sweep the car one last time; take our things and hand over the keys. Bye, little blue car! You did a great job!

We take a taxi to the town centre. It is another beautiful coastal town. It is warm – people walk in shorts and T-shirts. We take off our jerseys, sit in the open-air café and have lunch. It is nice to sit in the sun! Then we make a short walk and go to a park nearby. The views are enjoyable.

We sit and talk occasionally, there is some time left, before Tiina flies some 2000 km southwest and I will take the bus back. There is not much to talk, so we just daydream in the sun…Well, time is up! We go to a taxi stop and Tiina drives away to the airport. I walk to the bus station.

I walk down a beautiful street. There are many motels, people dressed in summer clothes walk by. I look a bit like a polar bear among them.

It’s time to reflect. My thought goes to the questions why am I leaving all this beauty for cool and wintry mountains? I know the answer – there is no other way for me. That rosy existence around me is a façade that I find little behind. I also know that it always must be a hard choice – price must be paid, determination shown, one more straw carried. I know that I’m going in the direction of no return. Not physically, but spiritually. I know that I’ll be challenged in Michael’s house again and again, and this time I go there with full awareness and willingness. I’ll see it through – come what may. That’s why came to Australia. Everything else is bonus. Just bonus.

I board the bus with certainty and firmness in my mind. I look at the colours of Coffs Coast, I admire them, I love warmth, but I cannot stay.

Of all the movies they show ‘Da Vinci Code’ during the trip. The new rise of feminine aspect, female energy. It all clicks together – place called Mary Magdalene the night before departure, Mount Wollumbin and Uki with the immensely soft female energy, and now the ‘Da Vinci Code’. So this is what is my task and lesson here! Percpetive flow, feminine energy. Further development of my feminine side!

…The bus goes back through Bellingen and Dorrigo. It makes a longer stop at Dorrigo and I use the time to take a few photos. It is twilight.

The bus arrives a few minutes early. I wait a bit and then Michael flies in with his van. We laugh and I crawl in. A brief stop at Julie’s mother and back to Michael’s and Julie’s place. Delicious food, and time for day’s impressions and thoughts in front of the fireplace.

Michael and Julie are genuinely happy that we made it in good time and everything went smoothly. Then our discussion shifts to working in university and doing an academic’s job. Julie tells how she did her PhD and I tell how I did mine. How I tried to find the reason for doing it and did not eventually. I did just because I did it. Now I work where I work and I see why it might be useful in the bigger scheme of things. Why would I be in correct position from Eagle’s perspective. Yet it remains just a job. An image I prop up. Juhani-the-Academic. Julie seems to be interested in such an approach and tells her views on academic life.

Hours pass flying and soon it is time to go sleep. While under the blanket I stretch myself and prepare for sleep. I suddenly feel heat streaming down my spine and feeling unexpectedly warm under the blanket inside the thin walls of caravan. It is as if warmth from somewhere below has reached me and keeps me warm. I relax and float into dreamland…
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 08:39:18 AM by Juhani »

sugilite

Re: 8. To Coffs Coast and back
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2007, 03:52:53 AM »
So this is what is my task and lesson here! Percpetive flow, feminine energy. Further development of my feminine side!

While under the blanket I stretch myself and prepare for sleep. I suddenly feel heat streaming down my spine and feeling unexpectedly warm under the blanket inside the thin walls of caravan. It is as if warmth from somewhere below has reached me and keeps me warm. I relax and float into dreamland…

:)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk