Author Topic: Green grasshopper  (Read 141 times)

Jahn

Green grasshopper
« on: September 24, 2007, 04:08:57 AM »
This fellow folloed us when we worked with the new outdoor room. However, I found out that he/she was injured and had difficulties to move properly. It became some good photos though.

nichi

Re: Green grasshopper
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 05:41:26 AM »
What a colorful guy!

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 11:24:20 AM »
hey grasshoper, how's that new room coming on?

you in there with the hammer yourself?
(we call them chippies over here)

Jahn

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 04:30:53 AM »
hey grasshoper, how's that new room coming on?

you in there with the hammer yourself?
(we call them chippies over here)

Right! Thank you for asking.
it is a lot work to be done, many details to be fixed. I have used my free time schedule extensively to get this together, but of courde I hired a professional to build the main structure.

Before, wind and rain was about to destroy the building.
Then we started in May, two weeks intensive ...

with the precious help of an old carpenter, good but he made some mistakes, and so did I ... but we continued to build, much thanks to my son we got it ready.

The interior will not be ready until next season, this is a low budget building, but I am very satisfied with the result so far.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 06:25:34 PM by Jahn »

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 06:31:48 AM »
I love the clarity of the air in your northern pictures, Jahn! Here the air is rather dusty, and with the bright sunlight, appears even more so.  We don't use much wood here in building. It looks lovely!
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 07:19:08 AM »
I expect this would make it usable in Winter, but are you going to extend another outdoor area like you had before, for summer breezes?

Jahn

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 05:08:43 AM »
I expect this would make it usable in Winter, but are you going to extend another outdoor area like you had before, for summer breezes?

Both yes and no. I have some ideas of how to make a good lining in the walls and below the roof and some winters have been quite warm (as you well know). If the temperatures do not go below the freezing point it may be possible to have some 15 to 18 degrees Celsius in the room, much thanks to my stove in the living room. But we have no other ideas than to use the room occasionally on some "warm" weekends and when we have guests.

For real outdoor amusements we already have three places with furniture including one hammock so nothing more is planned at the moment. I got my favorite outdoor place on the other side of the house (East) where the morning sun warms up.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 05:16:19 AM by Jahn »

Jahn

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 05:14:25 AM »
I love the clarity of the air in your northern pictures, Jahn! Here the air is rather dusty, and with the bright sunlight, appears even more so.  We don't use much wood here in building. It looks lovely!

Thank you Daphne.

Well here wood is made in abundance. But I had some discussions with the carpenter about quality. He had to get Northern grown wood and pieces that was straight. More expensive but well worth the extra costs in the long run.

I cannot explain any differences in the clarity of the air.

Jahn

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 05:15:10 AM »
Looks very nice... good work!

Thank you dc, it is great fun to build!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk