Author Topic: Toltec section  (Read 265 times)

erismoksha

Toltec section
« on: September 24, 2007, 05:08:44 AM »
This section has been pretty quiet lately. I was just wondering if anyone has ideas as to why - or if it should just be left as it is.

I dont think I'm tired of Toltec or any of that. But I wonder if Im tired of some things related to it.

Maybe cause lately around the way (not in here of course), when I hear the word 'warrior' negative thoughts pop up in my head, regarding attitudes toward what warrior means.

I have my own ideas on what a warrior is. Bruce Lee would be a good example. Cain from Kung Fu series (just trying to toss in a universal example). I was always fascinated by Shaolin Monks as it were. Plus the connections to Bodhidharma in the legends.

Ive been considering abandoning the term, at least for myself, cause of it.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: Toltec section
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 11:18:46 AM »
yes, twas always so, er since the first book of cc
(but the golden dawn followers are just as bad)

but i'm still a big fan

so i have encouraged anyone to put some nuggets in here for us to chew on through the day.

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 03:23:31 PM »
The "warrior" I see is the one that impeccably tries to learn the right use of power.

t2f

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 04:43:22 PM »
"Everything we do, everything we are, rests on our personal power. If we have enough of it, one word is enough to change the course of our lives. If we don't, the most magnificent piece of wisdom can be revealed to us and that revelation won't make a damn bit of difference. Do you know that at this very moment you are surrounded by eternity? And do you know you can use that eternity, if you so desire? Do you know that you can extend yourself forever in any direction and use it to take the totality of yourself forever in any direction? Do you know that one moment can be eternity?  If you had enough personal power, my words alone would serve as a means to round up the totality of yourself and get to the crucial part of it  out of the boundaries in which it is contained."

(Tales of Power)
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 05:36:07 PM »
yeah
aint it so

nice one daphles

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 02:20:53 AM »
This section has been pretty quiet lately. I was just wondering if anyone has ideas as to why - or if it should just be left as it is.

I dont think I'm tired of Toltec or any of that. But I wonder if Im tired of some things related to it.

Maybe cause lately around the way (not in here of course), when I hear the word 'warrior' negative thoughts pop up in my head, regarding attitudes toward what warrior means.

I have my own ideas on what a warrior is. Bruce Lee would be a good example. Cain from Kung Fu series (just trying to toss in a universal example). I was always fascinated by Shaolin Monks as it were. Plus the connections to Bodhidharma in the legends.

Ive been considering abandoning the term, at least for myself, cause of it.

Maybe not abandon, but re-name "warrior" to something more androgynous...we can, you know ;).  The term warrior seems to pull out the offense/defense in people.  It's as if they're always looking for a fight.  Perhaps "freedom seekers", or something more along those lines...just a thought :).

S
"If you stop seeing the world in terms of what you like and dislike, and saw things for what they truly are, in themselves, you would have a great deal more peace in your life..."

erismoksha

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 02:45:08 AM »
I think what it is, the word 'war,' is taken wrong.

nichi

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 04:02:36 AM »
Maybe the thing to do is to look into the roots of "toltec" and how it is that the word "warrior" became a convention or vestige of the old, anyway.

The old toltecs: they meant warrior! And they only had 30 years to prove their mettle.

I see so much distortion of this term and much else.
The internet "toltecs" are a vicious lot, as a group. In keeping with Michael's recent words, "know them by their fruits", I'm not impressed, and it's gotten to the point that I refuse to speak the syntax while in the company of the vicious ones. "Me-no-speaky-toltec" is my new response when cornered by the Ruiz-dropping, predator-dropping, stalk-others-but-not-myself-dropping internet "toltecs".

Present company excepted, of course. For I doubt I'll ever meet a more honorable warrior than the likes of Michael, Tom, Jahn, Della, Zam, and Juhani.  Thanks for showing me "toltec" at its best.

Meanwhile, I'll play the part of blue-collar mystic.

Jahn

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 04:41:55 AM »

When you are filled to the brim of impeccability, if that ever happen  ???, the only word to describe your status will be: "I am a warrior".

Of course "warrior" is a worn label and misused, but the day that you find "it", feel it to the bone - then you'll know your inheritance.

This is the Cry of the Raven and the Crow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk