Author Topic: Unity Books  (Read 72 times)

nichi

Unity Books
« on: October 08, 2007, 10:24:03 AM »
More authors dealing with Law of Attraction: all the writers in association with Unity Church.   Emmett Fox and Catherine Ponder come to mind, in particular. I'll have to check if Ernest Holmes is tied to Unity, but I'm sure his books are on their reading list.   Marianne Williamson as well...

There was only one difference between Unity Church and the Spiritualist Church/Organization : the spiritualists dealt with paranormal phenomenon, but the metaphysical philosophy was the same as Unity's. Unity simply doesn't focus on afterlife/psychic phenomenon -- but they do do "magic", even if they don't call it such.

Catherine Ponder

If one one can suspend the distraction of anecdotal material from The Bible, there is some worthwhile material here.   I still have several of her books ... Dynamic Laws of Healing, Dynamic Laws of Prayer, Dynamic Laws of Prosperity, and Healing Secrets of the Ages. The rest of her books are really redundant from these 4, based on my scannings.   In "Healing Secrets", one must think in terms of "6 chakras", not 7.

Again, offered for interest's sake.

nichi

Re: Unity Books
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 10:39:01 AM »
The classic quote from Marianne Williamson:

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

from A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles"
A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles"

Marianne Williamson Overview

Marianne Williamson

My friend Heartwind used to attend her lectures at a Unity Church in Michigan, and I've heard her speak myself, on a live transmission from that church: she is truly dynamic. Amazing, actually.

erismoksha

Re: Unity Books
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 03:50:38 AM »
I was watching the movie Akeela and the Bee the other day, its really good. She gets this spelling coach and one of the things is, he has this quote on his wall, and he asks her to read it. Then he asks her what it means. She said it meant she's afraid, "of me." The movie had to do with her overcoming her fears, and true, letting her 'light shine,' which she did. Its a good movie. Good scene in the movie, too.

The classic quote from Marianne Williamson:

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

from A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles"
A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles"

Marianne Williamson Overview

Marianne Williamson

My friend Heartwind used to attend her lectures at a Unity Church in Michigan, and I've heard her speak myself, on a live transmission from that church: she is truly dynamic. Amazing, actually.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk