Author Topic: Middle East  (Read 250 times)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Middle East
« on: July 15, 2006, 12:49:44 PM »
What the flower are they doing over there?

Will they never learn? Why are there no intelligent people who can love and live together, and help each other, instead of killing. I always think, news report, another 10 dead, 20 disabled for life etc, well this looks serious... bloody serious if you're one of the dead ones!

How can humans be so stupid - can't they see the potential of this fabulous glorious beautiful world? and they are here too - i know given half a chance, most of the people around me would turn into murdering thugs, if the political climate turned into pain bitterness and revenge.

I'm going to say more about politics and the environment in this section, as it is an important part of our 'tasks' in the world. and becoming more so as we face survival instead of just avoidance.

so much waste, so much waste, so much waste - i would collapse in a ball of tears if i hadn't learnt about controlled folly - make a joke of it, or it will kill it... wise words.

m

SoulFire

Re: Middle East
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 08:07:05 AM »

so much waste, so much waste, so much waste - i would collapse in a ball of tears if i hadn't learnt about controlled folly - make a joke of it, or it will kill it... wise words.

m

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 10:37:26 PM »
middle east is escalating.

mistake one - everyone talks of 'who's fault' or 'who started it'. now that is an interesting issue for the lords of karma, but plays no part in the minds of the participants. so lets forget that argument.

there is only one issue in the moment - who has the power?

in the middle east, the answer is simple - Israel. Who has the power has the responsibility.

now world leaders are rolling their eyes and shaking their heads - how on earth does Israel expect to make a sustainable peace with Palestine and Lebanon - nullify Hamas and Hizbullah?

mistake two - we are accustomed to see US government as imbecilic in pursuing their goals, and that has some substance, but to see Israel's government as stupid is a bad mistake. They know what they are doing - just accept that as taken.

so?

it means they don't want peace, at least not at any current terms. They have at their disposal many ways to reduce the power of Hizbullah and Hamas, but they choose force. Land is the answer, that's what they want.

They were not impressed with Abbas's recent strategic move which came within a hair's breath of a peaceful Palestinian state (i mean the referendum), and neither was Hamas - all the extremists understand each other perfectly - a fight to the death, with one winner left to take all the spoils. negotiated peace is a wimps game.

what does this mean for us. it means we operate our primary task in a ruthless world - be it social group, small business, big business, governments. Get this straight - they will kill!

we have no business being killed, and yet, as activists (distinct from the dreamers) we are forced to play a part in the world.

first rule - never let this stuff throw you off your guard.  one of the hardest rules - how can we engage in helping the world move towards a healthier future, and remain detached from the suffering and destruction? Only activists know how to do this, dreamers are not built for such blatant controlled folly confrontations.

m

erik

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 07:39:38 PM »
This is not to scare anybody, but to keep things up to date.

Syrians are shooting at Israeli planes and mobilizing as well.
Israelis keep for now mobilizing and pounding at Lebanon with limited effect except killing civilians.
For them the only reasonable chance (according to military-strategic logic) to damage Hezbollah seriously is to take a go at Syria and Iran supporting Hezbollah.
There were news that Iranian volunteers have been moving to Lebanon (quantity not mentioned, though).

They might end up with a big one there.

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2024, 08:18:46 PM »
I knew I'd find something like this.

This didnt age well.

Now, here we are. Your figures for the death toll are too small for the recent one.

Present death toll "At least 22,722 people killed and 58,166 wounded in Israeli attacks on Gaza since October 7. The revised death toll from the October 7 attack on Israel stands at 1,139."

middle east is escalating.

mistake one - everyone talks of 'who's fault' or 'who started it'. now that is an interesting issue for the lords of karma, but plays no part in the minds of the participants. so lets forget that argument.

there is only one issue in the moment - who has the power?

in the middle east, the answer is simple - Israel. Who has the power has the responsibility.

now world leaders are rolling their eyes and shaking their heads - how on earth does Israel expect to make a sustainable peace with Palestine and Lebanon - nullify Hamas and Hizbullah?

mistake two - we are accustomed to see US government as imbecilic in pursuing their goals, and that has some substance, but to see Israel's government as stupid is a bad mistake. They know what they are doing - just accept that as taken.

so?

it means they don't want peace, at least not at any current terms. They have at their disposal many ways to reduce the power of Hizbullah and Hamas, but they choose force. Land is the answer, that's what they want.

They were not impressed with Abbas's recent strategic move which came within a hair's breath of a peaceful Palestinian state (i mean the referendum), and neither was Hamas - all the extremists understand each other perfectly - a fight to the death, with one winner left to take all the spoils. negotiated peace is a wimps game.

what does this mean for us. it means we operate our primary task in a ruthless world - be it social group, small business, big business, governments. Get this straight - they will kill!

we have no business being killed, and yet, as activists (distinct from the dreamers) we are forced to play a part in the world.

first rule - never let this stuff throw you off your guard.  one of the hardest rules - how can we engage in helping the world move towards a healthier future, and remain detached from the suffering and destruction? Only activists know how to do this, dreamers are not built for such blatant controlled folly confrontations.

m
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2024, 08:30:16 PM »

I know you do stuff. You just dont go around announcing it. Folks who posture what they do its all for show so I get it.

But we probably should have done some more. Little more. I defiinitely want to do more.

Ive donated to causes I believe in from readings, signed tons of petitions in 2023. You should see my email and texts I get from places its tons of stuff cause I have.

I try to educate my group cause I have a decent sound board. I can only reach so far tho, of course.

I might have some unpopular views so ill keep some things to myself. But one which is popular is a two state solution of course.

In the US so you understand, because of Christian sympathizers, it is not popular to speak out against Israel. But Christians, as far as im concerned, only pretend to care about it, cause Jesus returns there. And thanks to the fundamentalists growing and poisoning the bulk of churches in this country, christians believe that there "has" to be an end times, and many really think there will be a rapture.

That "mindset" has set them up for their own doom, sadly. Its all flowered up. But in truth, they dont care. The whole rapture business is a selfish deal for anyone who wants it, but doesnt want to do something to speak out against this or stop it. Why would anyone want war for gods sake?

Anyway so politically this christian "flavor" of fundamentalism has affected the political structure as well. So this is a big reason why US is always falling in line when Israel gets like this. Its madness. I dont know if this will change. I really dont.

Its Age of Aries over there. They live in the far distant past. And if you read the OT where these rules were laid out, its all meanie god stuff.

Anyway, the death toll keeps rising. I wish they would stop but as this is the worst attack on Israel ever in that place (it was disgusting and horrific), I cant see them ceasing anytime soon. At least not willfully. So I dunno.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk