Author Topic: Living in the Now  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Zamurito

• Pir
    • Impeccability
Re: Living in the Now
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2007, 12:43:37 PM »
Zam, you seem to work quite a bit with clergy - what is it you do? Do you teach them recapitulation techniques and energy work as well (i.e. how to reclaim fragments of self from the past - how to get wholly into 'now')?

Hi Juhani!

I'm quoting from a book by the name of "Celebrate the Temporary" by Clyde Reid.

I was going to wait until I finished quoting to comment on the book and author, but Now is as good as any to bring him 'out.'  ;)  I'll withhold further comment on him until I'm finished though...

z
"Discipline is, indeed, the supreme joy of feeling reverent awe; of watching, with your mouth open, whatever is behind those secret doors."

erik

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2007, 04:01:53 PM »
So does he do energy work as it is the crucial bit in getting into 'now'? If these fragments and energies are not re-claimed, one is forever lost in his past ,and, it seems, cannot objectively be in 'now', or, if he can - then only for a moment.

Offline Zamurito

• Pir
    • Impeccability
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2007, 07:47:14 AM »
So does he do energy work as it is the crucial bit in getting into 'now'? If these fragments and energies are not re-claimed, one is forever lost in his past ,and, it seems, cannot objectively be in 'now', or, if he can - then only for a moment.

Hi Juhani!

I'm not going to speculate on 'what' 'he' does.  This is something that (as I'm sure you know) happens to a great deal of writers, namely Castaneda.  Look at all the hoopla surrounding him and his work!  I'm unconcerned with that. 

I know what "I" have done after reading his words.

z

"Discipline is, indeed, the supreme joy of feeling reverent awe; of watching, with your mouth open, whatever is behind those secret doors."

erik

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2007, 08:02:45 AM »
I'm not going to speculate on 'what' 'he' does.

Not required either. You've read his book - does he deal with recap and reclaiming one's energy from one's past events to stay in 'now'?

Offline Zamurito

• Pir
    • Impeccability
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2007, 10:19:01 AM »
Not required either. You've read his book - does he deal with recap and reclaiming one's energy from one's past events to stay in 'now'?

Since I'm posting the book here, you can discern for yourself.  No worries, it's a short book ;)

z

Offline Zamurito

• Pir
    • Impeccability
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2007, 10:28:36 AM »

Hey Juhani,

I was just talking to Ang about this, and we seem to have different views on this 'reclaiming one's enery from one's past events.' 

Please share you view of this, so I could then apply what it is exactly you are looking for.

thanks!

z

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2007, 10:55:53 AM »
Hey Juhani and Zam...I've been reading you guys going back and forth and this keeps jumping out at me..."reclaiming energy".

I've been going through some intense recapping lately and have found that energy is a continually flowing strand.  By recapping, I don't "reclaim" anything.  I only stop the flow of that energy to the person, event or place I'm recapping.  I will always have that particular energy line (memory), but in essence, I'm cauterizing, or clamping off the flow of energy.  My success is measured only when I can remember the person, event, or place with no emotional attachment to distract me from "the now".

Maybe I'm all washed up, but, I consider memories un-erasable.  It would be like trying to pick and choose what would crash on my computer hard drive.  The folders are still there, I just don't need to open them anymore.

Could just be semantics, and that we're seeing the same thing. :)

Ang
"If you stop seeing the world in terms of what you like and dislike, and saw things for what they truly are, in themselves, you would have a great deal more peace in your life..."

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2007, 01:29:41 PM »

Could just be semantics, and that we're seeing the same thing. :)

"just semantics" is an interesting phenomena.  ;)

There is - for myself - a difference between "reclaiming" and "stopping".
My son, when younger, was attending therapy with a psychologist. The aim was to get him to stop certain behaviours and thoughts "anxiety" based etc..
For a while this worked; was a good technique in behaviour modification, however it didn't deal with the underlying emotion. This particular psychologist was very much into the "now" as he saw it. Past emotional content was only evoked if one brought it into the now - so his theory went. It was a nice theory, and could be true too; however, for my son, later processes of "reclaiming" was more effective and transforming - something about it, both 'energetically' and 'psychologically' was empowering to him.

"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2007, 03:34:52 AM »
Reclaiming to me means I lost something.  It was never lost, but always there, just redirected it...that's all. :)
"If you stop seeing the world in terms of what you like and dislike, and saw things for what they truly are, in themselves, you would have a great deal more peace in your life..."

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2007, 04:51:20 AM »
I "claimed" what I thought was "my world", my awareness, al the years earlier in my life than "right now".  I thought all was quite intact and just fine.  And it was but, really, not ........ comparitively speaking, that is.  With a renewed and revivied perspective of this world, I go back to where I thought "I was" daily in my recapitulative efforts.  What I am saying is, aren't we living the world we assemble, even if sooner or later we end up finding out there were so many pieces of that world we weren't aware of?  Is THIS the energy we seek when we cling to our impeccability ...... the very impeccability which affords us the opportunities to trap maybe just a tiny fragment of the total energy we need for our leap into our next awareness?

This IS my awareness, whether it is all just a dream, an illusion, or not.  I am AT the edge of the abyss and claim this opportunity to achieve a great end.

t2f

p.s., I'm gonna claim a big chunk of energy, I hope, when I perform a warriors task of recapitulation this coming Saturday, my 61st birthday.  Several blocks from our home is an apartment building which was once the old hospital I was born in.  My Mom always spoke of how I was born on the 6th step of the stairs just inside the door, as she straddled the 7th step.  I gonna go back to that "step #6" and ................................

ha ha ha ha ha  !!!!!
t2f

Jahn

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2007, 05:07:21 AM »
Maybe I'm all washed up, but, I consider memories un-erasable. 

Quite the different - in advanced shool we rewrite our history. This is possible because our energy isn't there.

Jahn

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2007, 05:10:40 AM »
p.s., I'm gonna claim a big chunk of energy, I hope, when I perform a warriors task of recapitulation this coming Saturday, my 61st birthday.  Several blocks from our home is an apartment building which was once the old hospital I was born in.  My Mom always spoke of how I was born on the 6th step of the stairs just inside the door, as she straddled the 7th step.  I gonna go back to that "step #6" and ................................

ha ha ha ha ha  !!!!!

Good luck with that one  :D

But Man are you 60+ and a Scorpio as well! Please take my congrats to both!

Jahn

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2007, 05:15:23 AM »
"just semantics" is an interesting phenomena.  ;)

It was a nice theory, and could be true too; however, for my son, later processes of "reclaiming" was more effective and transforming - something about it, both 'energetically' and 'psychologically' was empowering to him.

Here you are definitely right. We do not stop anything  - we transform. That is the core of our energy work - to transform. The Queros (The old Inkas of Peru) transform the energy from Hucha to Sami, from Heavy to Light. In the same way we transform our history so we will be lighter in the future. We cannot carry rucksacks of the past.

.~.

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2007, 05:50:52 AM »
Good luck with that one  :D

But Man are you 60+ and a Scorpio as well! Please take my congrats to both!

Thanx, man, but living to any certain "age" isn't really an accomplishment unless yerr dealing with the level of insanity which I seem to muster every day!  ha.   Scorpio's rule.
t2f

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2007, 09:53:57 AM »

ha ha ha ha ha  !!!!!

Have a wonderful birth-day dear tommy!!!!!!!!   :-*
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk