Author Topic: Birth Certificate  (Read 27 times)

nichi

Birth Certificate
« on: November 03, 2007, 07:33:26 PM »
Birth Certificate

Our birth certificate is misleading. It was certified that we were born on that day from such and such hospital or city. We accepted to begin to be on that day, but we know very well that we had been there in the womb of our mother long before that. From nothing, how can you become something? From no one, how can you become someone? Even before the day of your conception in your mother, you had been there. In your father, in your mother, and everywhere else, also. So if you try to go back, you cannot find a beginning of you. You have been there for a long time and everywhere.

Thich Nhat Hanh
NO DEATH NO FEAR

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
Re: Birth Certificate
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 02:00:00 AM »
This reminds me of a convo I had last night with my husband, reguarding 'names'

It bugs him that I dont have a name that I stick with on everything.. that I sometimes scribble Jennifer, or Jen.. I also flip around the last name some.. Ive never changed my last name when married..but use his last name sometimes...Raven is used at different times.. you all know online I use more then one... I sign my artwork differently depending on mood or type of work.

*shurgs* Im not my 'name'

Birthdates and age.. seems to ring this same tone with me..
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk