Author Topic: Questions  (Read 124 times)

dc_chance

Questions
« on: November 30, 2007, 11:34:30 AM »
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 07:57:31 AM by . »

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 10:18:12 PM »
maybe, unless one is being crippled by questions.

you know, when we act, we have to first make a choice - a decision.

Stop the questions, and own up to the responsibility of knowing.

But, and here's the secret, we are always wrong.

You see, the point of truth, issues forth in millions of directions - everyone perfectly possible and valid. To chose one, all the others must be denied. We must take one road, or we die. We cannot stay forever in that point of truth.

If we don't stop the questions, and act, knowing we are wrong from that final central point, then our life force, with our destiny, slips from our fingers - I have seen this happen to me.

So, we grab what is the most meaningful, the path which our heart jumps to, and we make it real.

If you keep asking, you deny your soul's right.

Know the risk, then take a stand.

erismoksha

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 02:50:23 AM »
We're always wrong? Oh cmon, that's extreme. You're saying we're just fooling ourselves?

You see, the point of truth, issues forth in millions of directions - everyone perfectly possible and valid. To chose one, all the others must be denied. We must take one road, or we die. We cannot stay forever in that point of truth.

If we don't stop the questions, and act, knowing we are wrong from that final central point, then our life force, with our destiny, slips from our fingers - I have seen this happen to me.

So, we grab what is the most meaningful, the path which our heart jumps to, and we make it real.

erismoksha

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 10:48:40 AM »
His words are 100 percent correct....

and....

his words are also 100 percent wrong.

You may be right or wrong about that!!!  :D

Offline Zamurito

• Pir
    • Impeccability
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 11:14:07 AM »

Interestingly enough, I read these comments from M a bit differently...

The Here/Now continuity that defines a warrior is a quite different affair. First of all, a warrior includes abstract issues every time. One of these abstract elements is the awareness of death.

As a being who's going to die, a warrior simply cannot seek concrete gaining. From the start, he aims at something else. The only issue of interest to a wo/man of knowledge is awareness. From awareness stems everything else.

Therefore, since our awareness is intimately related to the feeling of abstract awe, a warrior aims at awe, and at the feeling of impeccability and elegance that also comes with it.

This derives into a very peculiar inversion of things in the warrior's strategy. It turns out that, to a warrior, victory comes first. In other words, a being who is going to die has nothing to loose. Thus, whatever he does, victory is ensured even before the fight begins.

Victory cannot be taken away from a warrior, since he simply cannot loose as a being who is going to die. And the reverent awe that knowledge brings to a warrior has to do with the interaction of the universe at large with his/her individual awareness.

The warrior's discipline is, then, impeccability.

Zam

"Discipline is, indeed, the supreme joy of feeling reverent awe; of watching, with your mouth open, whatever is behind those secret doors."

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 11:17:03 AM »
At a certain point, a point of absolute centre, the world extends away from us in a circumference of unlimited possibilities. As we stand and view from this point, there are endless choices for feeling, thought and action. Say someone throws a sardonic at me, what will I do? I could fart, I could get angry, or I could scratch my head, or I could laugh. I could think about it, I could forget it, I could mow the lawn, or clean out the waste paper basket, or do a little dance.

There are always unlimited pathways leading away from my present point, so which is right and which is wrong? To choose one, I must deny the potential of all. So from a point of full potential, I allow myself to become contained in one choice, and align with that choice to lend it power - the more power I commit, the more I become contained, and the better chance I have of gaining some success from that choice.

We close down the questions, make a choice, then act with will.

So from an absolute position, we have to enter imbalance in order to act, which is false from its alternative of full possibilities, because we have to deny other perfectly valid options.

But there is another aspect to right and wrong. Once we make a choice, and place the first step - from that moment, we look for a feeling that we have made a mistake, or of validation. That is a right or wrongness from a different source.

You could say the first right/wrong is of Shiva, the Absolute, where as the second is of Shakti, the Wind of Being. The wind wants - what? who knows, but if it says no, wrong move, then our body knows. Conversely if it say yes, we usually get an affirmation sign.

How do we know which path to take? How do we know when to stop asking, and act? That is wisdom, and without it, life can become rather troublesome.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 04:33:44 AM »
so that makes two positions, one where we open ourselves to doubt, ask questions of our world, stop our own momentum, and look about. The other, we put our pack on our back and step out in some direction.

Opening ourselves - i see that as saying to myself, "I could be wrong, I could be just missing out, my grasp of what is happening here may not be correct, let me ask that person over there what they think about this."

It means not telling other people how they should or shouldn't be. Trying to look behind the screen, and see what is really going on here.

Too often I see people close down, and solidify their view of who they are, and what is right. That is not the way, say the old zen gurus. The way is to remain open to a new discovery - not project our own fractured souls upon the mirrors in the shopping mall. Slack-jawed wonders in tarnation!

Then we say, Right said Fed! Lets get at it. Enough pondering, enough star gazing, enough dream, lets dig in and make a stand in this fractured world.

We are all fractured, else we wouldn't be here in the gym, building up our bodies for the journey. Each person with their little cripple, all of us together, carrying wounds and fires. Rags of light against the night.

leaving comfort, leaving safety.
escaping over egg shells in the dark.
meeting for the ancient fight
like partisans of dance
we gather on a Sunday in the park.
old wanderers, now settled for benches;
our souls sneak off in twilight flight.

to fabulous football in the sky -
the Wicked Grins we call our team.
and against the Prickly Pins and Sleepy Flims we battle for the Cup!

Its our national sport,
we wastrels and renegades
Sufis and Gypsies
and next of kin.

Balance on a feather
then walk right in
no ones going to harm you
even tigers grin.

Come on back, and cover your naked skin
put on something decent
then ask the neighbours in.
We'll all agree, and say sweet lies,
so all will go home comfortable
in the knowledge of their sin.

But we my comrades, will never sleep!
We'll be off to Jezabel's Retreat.
For a whop-up, and discrete
small moments,
of joy and outrage
laugh and weep

night my friends... i'm off to sleep.

erismoksha

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 05:52:59 AM »
We can flush the power of our choice(s), and even our awareness, down the crapper with an overabundance of mental masturbation machination.

Yes, agreed. There's a point, you may have to not worry about all of this, and simply choose. There are times, we have to simply choose. It may not necessarily be, one thing over the other, it might feel like it, but not in all cases. Just make, the best choice we possibly can make.

In dealing with the unknown, then we can only deal with our intuition, do our best to use our awareness, get whatever guidance we can, and be impeccable at best.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk