Author Topic: Sacred Hoop  (Read 134 times)

dc_chance

Sacred Hoop
« on: December 17, 2007, 06:22:03 AM »
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 07:56:03 AM by . »

Jahn

Re: Sacred Hoop
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 07:10:30 AM »
"Do you have anything else to add?

Forget ‘shamanism’, and forget ‘shaman’.

Look at the universe inside and outside of yourself.

Open to the mystery.

Plant things, trees, vegetables, and talk to them. They will make more sense than you or I ever could.

Trees will teach you how to touch the universe, because their roots extend to the centre of the earth and their branches extend to the stars, to the universe. Through them you can breathe the universe.

The human is much bigger than he or she appears to be. Everything is much bigger than it appears to be. It is all a matter of the doors of perception
."

Wow! Completely in line with my own experience and teachings. I have some good relations to trees, but that is elementary, it is much more in this interview that strikes me. Some of my lessons were made in that area.

And this makes a good laugh:

"Are the books of Carlos Castañeda describing something real?

He wrote good poetry."
  ;D ;D

« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 07:15:14 AM by Jahn »

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 08:50:24 AM »
DC posted this in my forum also.. Ill snag my reply from there.. written for a different crowd but still fitting.

Very interesting article DC, thank you!

I laughed reading the thoughts on someone using the term shaman.. I think perhaps there was a time when this could be done.. amoung tribes very much unlike the tribes of today.. at least in the major population of my area.

It seems things are slowly changing and the idea of such a thing is becoming accepted but I think its still considered deep within to be something unreal or fairy tale material.

Im speaking of my local area.. and from reaching out Id dare say my entire State of Maine.

But as I said times are slowly changing.. Ive met some incredble shamans who have touched a good many lives in their secret dance of life. Each having at least a small circle of dreamers who understand the fullness of their actions.

I watch closely the new comers to my home.. as their eyes scan my walls and across the bookshelves all dedicated to the sacred life I live and it creates a quiet mystery inside those that gaze upon them.

Discomfort is seen sometimes, fear of the unknown.. bear skull rattles and feathers in the house.

Its my wish that those who leave here have at the very least a small comfort in the love I share during the visit to understand that although it may seem a bit spooky or weird.. there is something.. something.. about the experience that reminds them the world is far greater then the folly of every day life, and that their god speaks in many many ways.
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 08:55:33 AM »
"Do you have anything else to add?

Forget ‘shamanism’, and forget ‘shaman’.

Look at the universe inside and outside of yourself.

Open to the mystery.

Plant things, trees, vegetables, and talk to them. They will make more sense than you or I ever could.

Trees will teach you how to touch the universe, because their roots extend to the centre of the earth and their branches extend to the stars, to the universe. Through them you can breathe the universe.

The human is much bigger than he or she appears to be. Everything is much bigger than it appears to be. It is all a matter of the doors of perception
."

Wow! Completely in line with my own experience and teachings. I have some good relations to trees, but that is elementary, it is much more in this interview that strikes me. Some of my lessons were made in that area.

And this makes a good laugh:

"Are the books of Carlos Castañeda describing something real?

He wrote good poetry."
  ;D ;D

:) :-*
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 09:09:24 PM »
 ;) :-*

Jahn

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 02:52:56 AM »
Something unrelated, but in a way perhaps it is... is that I can easily see beauty in such things... yet... I sometimes find it difficult to see the beauty in my fellow human beings. I am working on a number of things related to my path and that is one of them... I am trying to recognize the same beauty in people that I see in nature.....

I know that can be a problem. One has to come round that kind of stuck seeing.
There are a few techniques to do depending on what one wants to achieve.

Much conflicts and friction can reside at our workplace. Social status, roles, routines etc can make our place at work really dense.

To easy up such a situation one of my guides once told me to concentrate on all the workmates that I had. It was about 10 women and 10 men and I worked two evenings with the men and women separately. Perhaps it took 30 minutes to tune in to 10 co-workers. The task was that I should tell what energy sensation I got from each person, and also be clear if I liked that person or if I had some problem with him or her. Next step was to look what that mirrored in myself - both likes and dislikes.

I worked with that lesson a couple of times and some personal problem started to vanish. Of course conflicts still arise and there are som locked position but nothing serious at the moment.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk