Author Topic: US Elections 2008  (Read 1819 times)

erik

Re: US Elections 2007
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 08:39:57 PM »
?????

TIO, I was only referring to a fact that we are granted a free will to an extent that if we decide to be lunatics, that wish will be granted and we can spend a whole life in that quality. Nobody can do anything about it. The quotation you presented only shows that Bush may in some years look like a rather moderate US president and there is nothing we can do about it.

Yet the whole world is depending on how the US will do on its tremendous learning curve.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 08:41:55 PM by erik »

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 11:02:38 PM »
Iowa: Obama, Huckabee win.

I'll give you my quick take on this.

Huckabee - enough said there, let's hope he falls away.

Obama. I've heard him speak, and I know a little of his views. My feeling is that I would be extatic if he won the Presidency... and lived.

I am under no illusions of the political forces in US and their ruthlessness. To be honest, and I hate to say it, but I can't see it happening. America may just be ready for a woman president, but a black man?

So the Democrats have basically dumped Hillery, and I know it's not over. But frankly, they are fools. In my remote view, she is the only one with a chance.

What does this mean (and I hope I'm wrong)? They, the Democrats, are off with the fairies. I can not see it working, and what's that mean - Republicans are delivered a huge boost, on a plate.

This outcome is for me extremely bad news. I so wish Obama would live to re-direct the US. But I am a realist, and after hearing what happened to Kennedy and his attempts to re-direct the US... it is depressing.

They are asking the whole of America to vote for a black man for President! For god's sake, I know things are not as bad as they were - or are they?

I will pray that the people of that land put behind them their hatreds. But more, that they see the reality in their own land.

Our success here in Aus with Kevin - he is extremely astute. He knew his enemy precisely, and he played it with such balance and skill. I am saying he knew the idiocy of Australians, and he geared his whole strategy to that idiocy. He won, because he presented himself within the stupidity of the voters, as just like Howard, but with a touch of newness. Obama is not a 'touch' of newness.

It will be a long year.

Jahn

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 11:09:59 PM »
We are given a free will, aren't we?

Yes of course. You are only supposed to move from A to B in this life but you can freely chose which way to go. I started by going to D and then F while I hit G and E, kind of lost sight of B - where in the hell could it be?

erik

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 11:11:20 PM »
Well said! :)

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2008, 06:35:57 PM »
The candidates are caucusing in Nevada on Saturday...I found this helpful regarding caucusing:

http://lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=7742366&nav=menu102_2

It's like a big Pep Rally/Voting "Mosh" ... I may go check it out ;)
"If you stop seeing the world in terms of what you like and dislike, and saw things for what they truly are, in themselves, you would have a great deal more peace in your life..."

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: US Elections 2008
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 09:25:36 PM »
Thanks for that Seraf

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 09:28:55 PM »
Am I to understand that there are US citizens here how are too lazy to register to vote?

No wonder the Republicans are laughing all the way to the bank. Even aware people don't care.

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 03:08:20 AM »
Am I to understand that there are US citizens here how are too lazy to register to vote?

No wonder the Republicans are laughing all the way to the bank. Even aware people don't care.

Yes, there are many "lazy", or who have the attitude that the elections are so "corrupt" that their vote does not matter.

I disagree with this attitude...twenty-three years ago I decide that I wanted a woman president(of course that attitude was looked down upon in our male dominated society),  I didn't care which party, my intent was very precise..."woman"...so everytime I voted over the years, I would vote for women, or minorities ... and look!  My patience has paid off.  There was so much excitement here in Las Vegas!  More than anyone has ever seen for an upcoming election.  You know what I enjoy so much, is to see the younger generations getting involved...I guess us middle-agers are doing our job fairly well ;)
"If you stop seeing the world in terms of what you like and dislike, and saw things for what they truly are, in themselves, you would have a great deal more peace in your life..."

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 04:31:17 AM »
Yes, there are many "lazy", or who have the attitude that the elections are so "corrupt" that their vote does not matter.

On the flip side of the coin, corruption Is prevalent...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuBo4E77ZXo
I've been watching and listening to this "World Government" scheme for a few years now.  Will a woman president change this...or fall in with the "Men behind the curtain"?

The question would be "what, if anything, are we going to do about it?"

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 08:03:16 AM »
we need to be very careful of attitudes spread about, that the government is against us, the people. Be it corruption or just power self-interest.

These ideas are purposely pushed by equally self-interested groups who seek to weaken the position of the government in our minds - they don't want what is best for the people, they want the government to not look too deeply at what they are up to.

the government is the people's tool against the most powerful of un-scrutinised forces who apply all their power for their own narrow interest, not the people's or the nation's interest.

the government is our champion - it's the only protection we have, and many fought with their lives to secure this benefit for us all.

if the government is corrupt or out of touch, we do have a remedy. if the military or industrial complexes are corrupt or actively screwing us, there is almost nothing we can do - except ask the government to act.

the idea that the government is somehow our enemy is a poison for the mind, by those who seek to benefit by such a lie. if the government is wrong, then it has to be fixed, and there are means, even if these take a long time - the government in democratic countries belongs to the people.

bad government is a case for repair, not disposal or despair. there are mechanisms, built into every democratic governance system - support those who seek to use those mechanisms to bring justice, but always know, we are dealing with humans - don't expect perfection.

and don't expect the government to make you happy. or blame it for your unhappiness.

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 05:02:56 PM »

I don't expect the government, or anyone else for that matter, to "make me happy".  I DO expect  integrity and honesty in the people that govern my country.  I've worked for major corporations that act like "mini goverments"(staunch right wing republicans, who support our current party) and through each level of power you'll find corruption.  And I'm not talking about stealing pens or post-it notes and taking them home.  I'm talking about corporation who gobble up small businesses and then fire the best qualified employees because they "make too much money"...first they "pick your mind" to find out what you know...you teach them what you know and then...the most talented go first, only to be replaced with brainwashed robots who have no life so they work day and night for whatever pay they can get.  It's truly a reflection of our grand ol' US of A.  Maybe they should change USA to AT&T...ha! 

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.  They talk of how "we're one big family"...until the day that you actually Question what they're doing...oh, but don't make any waves, because you'll be "out".  You just "don't fit anymore".  Believe me,  I know many people who have worked for the "government".

At a time in my life, I was "out".  I was fired after 15 years (built up tenor within two company buy-outs).    I didn't understand what happened at the time, as I was only standing up for myself and other "single mothers" in the group.  But now looking back, I understand what this company did and why ...and I realized shortly after that it was the best thing that ever happened to me.  I truly believe I manifested my own demise, only to come out stronger.   

So now I compete against them.  It's quite fun actually.  A small company competing against a $2 Billion corporation.  They're so full of procedures and red tape, they never knew what hit them.  And I'm doing it based on my Talent and Integrity.

Now I look for change that will balance the scales and give each person a voice.  One person Can make a difference.  The optimist in me will say, all you who are Americans, get your asses out there and vote!  There is an Energy snowballing...something's going to blow...I can feel it ;)

Jahn

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2008, 07:20:15 PM »
At a time in my life, I was "out".  I was fired after 15 years (built up tenor within two company buy-outs).    I didn't understand what happened at the time, as I was only standing up for myself and other "single mothers" in the group.  But now looking back, I understand what this company did and why ...and I realized shortly after that it was the best thing that ever happened to me.  I truly believe I manifested my own demise, only to come out stronger.   

Great story. Reminds me about that warriors use everything in their tonal to advance on their path. But I also know how difficult it is when one is in the middle of such crisis.

So now I compete against them.  It's quite fun actually.  A small company competing against a $2 Billion corporation.  They're so full of procedures and red tape, they never knew what hit them.  And I'm doing it based on my Talent and Integrity.

:)

Jahn

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2008, 07:33:46 PM »

the idea that the government is somehow our enemy is a poison for the mind, by those who seek to benefit by such a lie. if the government is wrong, then it has to be fixed, and there are means, even if these take a long time - the government in democratic countries belongs to the people.

It is an old saying, probably many hundred years old that goes:

"The people has the leader that it deserves. "

In energy terms that statement sounds quite right. The leaders are a sort of reflection of the people. Now Serafina tells us that many corporations are corrupt "through each level of power you'll find corruption." And today someone has published 725 lies from the Bush administration regarding the invasion of Iraq. Though when it comes to large scale corruption of public funds I would say that many countries in Africa are the worst examples. Simply because they have such weak systems that makes it easy to rob. And when greed pass morals on all levels it create free falling.

Then there is the mob. In Russia they are very strong, in Italy they have probably had their best days.

I fully agree with Michael that we must have some kind of trust toward the government and the democratic process, in its best, are able to make corrections. But the situation today is much like cancer spreading.

erik

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2008, 08:22:27 PM »
I fully agree with Michael that we must have some kind of trust toward the government and the democratic process, in its best, are able to make corrections. But the situation today is much like cancer spreading.

But there always comes a time when one country, one state, one government has thoroughly exhausted itself in terms or providing new experience, unraveling unknown. I'm not saying this is the particular moment in time.

I feel that way, but could be that it's only me who feels that West has monumentally exhausted itself and its days are numbered.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2008, 09:01:39 PM »
I don't expect the government, or anyone else for that matter, to "make me happy".  I DO expect  integrity and honesty in the people that govern my country.  I've worked for major corporations that act like "mini goverments"(staunch right wing republicans, who support our current party) and through each level of power you'll find corruption.  And I'm not talking about stealing pens or post-it notes and taking them home.  I'm talking about corporation who gobble up small businesses and then fire the best qualified employees because they "make too much money"...first they "pick your mind" to find out what you know...you teach them what you know and then...the most talented go first, only to be replaced with brainwashed robots who have no life so they work day and night for whatever pay they can get.  It's truly a reflection of our grand ol' US of A.  Maybe they should change USA to AT&T...ha! 

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.  They talk of how "we're one big family"...until the day that you actually Question what they're doing...oh, but don't make any waves, because you'll be "out".  You just "don't fit anymore".  Believe me,  I know many people who have worked for the "government".

Now I look for change that will balance the scales and give each person a voice.  One person Can make a difference.  The optimist in me will say, all you who are Americans, get your asses out there and vote!  There is an Energy snowballing...something's going to blow...I can feel it ;)

Found your voice there Ang (even time for me to find a new name for you).

keep it up - speak with passion!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk