Author Topic: US Elections 2008  (Read 1896 times)

tangerine dream

Re: US Elections 2008
« Reply #210 on: November 07, 2008, 09:51:59 PM »
No offense, Lori, but that doesn't work for me in the bigger picture.  I can "hope" for a new car, or to be healed of some ailment, but unless I put some additional effort into it, hope alone normally doesn't yield results. 

Which is what I said earlier about  adding intent and personal power to the mix.   :)

It can't hurt, but I'm not sure how much it "helps" either.  OTOH, if it helps someone feel better about themselves or their situation, that's a good thing.  :)

I don't think anyone here is saying that hope is some magical cure.
But that it does have catalystic properties I think we can agree.

You can hope till the cows come home if you want a cherry pie, but if you don't get up off your couch and at least walk toward the kitchen, I'm pretty sure your chances of actually getting that pie are slim.  (Not impossible though heh  :P )

« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 10:06:14 PM by dust »

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #211 on: November 07, 2008, 10:36:53 PM »
Perhaps Hope is akin to Trust..
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

tangerine dream

« Reply #212 on: November 07, 2008, 10:39:29 PM »
Perhaps Hope is akin to Trust..

And faith?

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #213 on: November 07, 2008, 10:55:25 PM »
There’s a Sufi story that goes something like this: A master was traveling with one of his disciples. The disciple was in charge of taking care of the camel. Late one night, they came upon a caravan of other travelers and camels. It was the disciple’s duty to tether the camel, but he was tired and didn’t bother about it. He left the camel outside untethered and simply prayed to God. “Please take care of the camel” he said and fell asleep.

In the morning the camel was gone. The master asked “what happened to the camel?” And the disciple said “I don’t know. You should ask God because I asked him to take care of the camel. It is not my responsibility. You are always telling me to trust in God. I clearly asked God to handle this so do not be angry with me.”

And the master said “Trust in God but tether your camel.”

;)
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

Offline Quantum Shaman

• Pir
  • Destruction of faith is the beginning of evolution
    • Quantum Shaman
« Reply #214 on: November 07, 2008, 11:53:40 PM »
And faith?

Faith?  In what?  In whom?  Seriously... when someone talks to me about faith, I think it's important to establish a reference point. 

Also, my reference point is pretty much exactly the opposite. 

The destruction of faith is the beginning of evolution.

"You have to be immortal before you will know how to become immortal."
Quantum Shaman  | Quantum Shaman on Facebook

tangerine dream

« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2008, 02:49:07 AM »
Faith?  In what?  In whom?  Seriously...

In Power
Spirit
the Universe

;D

Seriously... when someone talks to me about faith, I think it's important to establish a reference point. 

My reference point is right here .. now.
 ;D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 02:51:45 AM by dust »

Offline Quantum Shaman

• Pir
    • Quantum Shaman
« Reply #216 on: November 08, 2008, 03:56:26 AM »
In Power
Spirit
the Universe

;D

Okay, Lori... I want to start this by saying that we clearly come from very opposite points of view.  That's okay.  Anything I have said here isn't personal, though I was accused by a friend of "seeking an argument."  That is NOT my agenda, so I hope you (and others) will hear me on that.  Frankly, I don't think discussions such as this can be answered with one or two-word responses, but that's just me.  In trying to understand where YOU are coming from, I offer my own reference points and attempt to make them clear.  But, of course, in the bigger picture, even if you and I came to an understanding (formed a consensus), it really would make no difference whatsoever.  So... in many ways, we have to acknowledge that most forum discussions are little more than exercises in stalking our own assimilation.

In talking to you or Michael or Juhani or Jahn or Jen, my agenda isn't to change YOUR mind, but to thoroughly challenge and explore my own.  That's what stalkers do.  When I am in Dreaming mode, I "inhabit the experience in the Now", but the reason Toltec teaches that a warrior must learn both dreaming AND stalking is because there does come a time when we are required (by ourselves) to form a foundation of Knowledge that is both fluid and cohesive, at the same time.  Dreaming (fluidity) and stalking (cohesion). 

So, this question is posed from the point of view of a stalker:  When you say you have faith in the universe, spirit and power... my question becomes... how would you define those things?  What I'm getting at is that when people say they have faith in spirit or the universe, they are usually envisioning some manner of extant "power" - whether god, goddess, atman, or other - and at that point, there is still what amounts to an abdication of power and responsibility from the "self" to something "other".  Maybe that's not what you mean.  That's what I'm trying to get at here.  What DO you mean?  Without a further refernce point, they are just words hanging in a void.  What is the universe? What is spirit?  What is power?  Not questions you need to answer if you don't want to - just trying to point out that our definitions of these things, and our experience of them, is not going to be the same, so part of coming to an understanding involves building a common language (as much as is possible - which may be altogether impossible...  :-\

The bottom line is simply this:  too many people I encounter (including myself!) fall into comfort zones of believing that if they wish for something or hope for something, it is going to come to them.  That was part of the whole platform of the latest spiritual fad - "The Secret."  The concepts may work at a core level, but unless combined with actual ACTION (dreaming and stalking working together - thought/idea becoming manifested through intent)) they tend to sit dormant in the back of the mind as a "comfort zone".   We lose ourselves in "hoping" and put off the "do-ing".

Doesn't matter, of course.  It's not my intent or even my hope to change your thinking.   :)  Heartfelt.  My intent is only to challenge my own comfort zones - and that often comes in the form of presenting ideas that are not particularly popular.  My contention is that if I am "disturbed" by something you say (or vice versa) the stalking exercise has been successful.  Obviously (to me anyway) knowledge cannot be traded in the form of words alone.  Anything you say to me, anything I say to you, must be filtered through our own processes - and hopefully somewhere in that do-ing, we not only understand ourselves better, but we also build a more cohesive "foundation" that welcomes challenge as an opportunity for growth, rather than automatically retreating from it as a threat to ego or existing comfort zones.

So, since it seem to be an issue and a question, allow me to say publicly that I'm not seeking an "argument."  I'm trying to stimulate my own thinking by engaging with others.  That is not going to involve joining any consensus and there will be times when it will not even be "politically correct."  But, in the bigger picture, isn't that what the path is all about?  Challenging our comfort zones?  Abolishing all belief systems (including what we believe about words), until we stand face to face with the authentic self?

If we're just here to agree with one another, we're wasting our time.

Heartfelt, unconditionally,
D

Jahn

« Reply #217 on: November 08, 2008, 05:23:39 AM »
Faith?  In what?  In whom? 

That is an easy question QS - faith in myself or my Self.
Actually there is only one person on this planet, and that is me.
You others are just a dream  ;D
Some times a wonderful dream, some times a nightmare,
all depending on my status for the day though the nightmares are gone since 2002 while all the wonders are left.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 05:35:07 AM by Jamir »

Jahn

« Reply #218 on: November 08, 2008, 05:34:02 AM »
Abolishing all belief systems (including what we believe about words), until we stand face to face with the authentic self?

Well I would not say that we abolish All belief system. First we change them then we put the new ones into a perspective, a different light, a different meaning, but we will always have a kind of basic belief system.

The important thing is to not have a Limiting belief system. To change belief system is a great part of the Transformation process but transformation also require deeper connection with the Nagual as weel as a deeper understanding of our nature.

So would you believe that I met Don Juan a month ago?
A man that according to scientists even never has existed.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 05:36:54 AM by Jamir »

Offline Quantum Shaman

• Pir
    • Quantum Shaman
« Reply #219 on: November 08, 2008, 06:30:07 AM »

So would you believe that I met Don Juan a month ago?
A man that according to scientists even never has existed.

I'd love to hear about that!  :)  I met "him" once, years ago.  Who's to say it was don Juan or not, but that was how he projected to me at the time.

Do tell!

Offline Quantum Shaman

• Pir
    • Quantum Shaman
« Reply #220 on: November 08, 2008, 06:37:15 AM »

Heh - I agree with this, for what it's worth.  Thing is... when I am challenging my own belief systems, I stalk myself ruthlessly, and start asking questions like... "Okay, so I have faith and trust in my Self.  Now, what do I intend to DO with that which might bring the concept into manifestation?"  Meaning - if we all have faith in ourselves, but leave it at the level of words, mantras and belief systems... is our faith in ourselves misplaced?

There's no right or wrong answer, of course.  I'm just kicking some questions around for the sake of shaking the dust out of the words themselves. 

:)

Jahn

« Reply #221 on: November 08, 2008, 07:14:17 AM »
I'd love to hear about that!  :)  I met "him" once, years ago.  Who's to say it was don Juan or not, but that was how he projected to me at the time.

Do tell!

Ah, that meeting was just one in a number of many. Don Juan is as always, a man in his best, 60+ that is. My eyes are similar to the eyes of the nagual, if I need to talk about my personal situation, have a question, or feel that things goes tight, then  I walk in to the Toltec Astral community. Step in as the natural duke that I am. One of the masters that I may meet is Don Juan Matus. He got one perspective that help me in a certain type of problems, and I must stress, only certain "problems", one do not call for DJ without cause, not saying that he may contact me to get some first hand info. His warrior perspective one seldom ask for simply because one know deep within the "painful" answer that will follow, that is always to look on what IS, to scrutinize one self. One becomes naked, one becomes responsible.

So I seek his conversation only when I am sure to not be stripped apart and be completely "naked" before the community. For me, then Don Juan can be a real support, and I can get a glimpse of what is behind next bend.

The advices of and connection to Don Juan is available to everyone here and elsewhere, that is how the Toltec community works. Preconditions are perhaps a bit responsibilty for mankind and oneself and a bit of transformation made on the personal level.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 07:23:16 AM by Jamir »

tangerine dream

« Reply #222 on: November 08, 2008, 07:29:49 AM »
You others are just a dream  ;D

After I got to work, I realized I wanted to say that, too.

Thanks Jamir,  I heartily agree!
 :-*

Ah, that meeting was just one in a number of many. Don Juan is as always, a man in his best, 60+ that is. My eyes are similar to the eyes of the nagual, if I need to talk about my personal situation, have a question, or feel that things goes tight, then  I walk in to the Toltec Astral community. Step in as the natural duke that I am. One of the masters that I may meet is Don Juan Matus. He got one perspective that help me in a certain type of problems, and I must stress, only certain "problems", one do not call for DJ without cause, not saying that he may contact me to get some first hand info. His warrior perspective one seldom ask for simply because one know deep within the "painful" answer that will follow, that is always to look on what IS, to scrutinize one self. One becomes naked, one becomes responsible.

So I seek his conversation only when I am sure to not be stripped apart and be completely "naked" before the community. For me, then Don Juan can be a real support, and I can get a glimpse of what is behind next bend.

The advices of and connection to Don Juan is available to everyone here and elsewhere, that is how the Toltec community works. Preconditions are perhaps a bit responsibilty for mankind and oneself and a bit of transformation made on the personal level.

I'm curious about what he had to say or show, if it's not too personal to share.  I've met dJ in dreaming and always he had some very important bit of knowledge to impart.
 ;D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 07:39:43 AM by dust »

tangerine dream

« Reply #223 on: November 08, 2008, 09:39:24 AM »
hope alone normally doesn't yield results. 

It can't hurt, but I'm not sure how much it "helps" either.  OTOH, if it helps someone feel better about themselves or their situation, that's a good thing.  :)

If it helps someone feel better about her self or situation, then it does yield results, no?  Feeling better is a good result imo.
 ;D

Perhaps the types of results that hope can bring to us are not the regular sort of every day tangible results some of us would like to see. 

If you ask me, anything that lights the spark is great --  no matter the method or excuse we use to get there, it's the spark that's most important.

Also,  I don't understand how evolution can have a beginning.  In my view, it is a constant process with no beginning or end.
So while I do understand your (personal) need to destroy faith, I cannot comprehend that evolution won't  'start' until faith is destroyed.   ???

The destruction of faith is the beginning of evolution.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 02:45:37 PM by dust »

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #224 on: November 08, 2008, 03:07:16 PM »
I am pleased to say that the new president of the United States is Barack Obama! Its an interesting and exciting time to be a US citizen, to witness the acceptance and growth as a unit toward peace and change is beautiful. 

Im proud in a humble way to see a glimmer of maturity within a very young culture.. to set aside social conditions and honour an African American man as well as a woman to run in this election for white house is amazing.

I turned the local/national news on yesterday as I went about my house chores.. and saw mass groups of American people standing together and smiling.. yes.. smiling! It matters not the reason.. the smiles, the heart.. the unity.. that matters.

My son is 15 years old, which gives me close up view of the american youth. May they blossem from the waters of the adversities to come. May they have eyes to see and feel the earth calling beneith their heavy footsteps and the heart to follow what they find is truth.

Peace be with you, Jennifer

In my humble opinion which is very small and very much just a slight passing of wind through the trees, things arnt going to just get better.. what has been done is done and the results of that will come to front as all things do..  say things do dive into the depths of what is considered hell on earth to most Americans, perhaps this is a turning of the universal wheel where all things must die to be reborn anew.

((((((Jen))))))  :-*

I was very happy of the results of the election :) I see Obama as a simple man, and after reading about his Grandmother, who basically raised him, I understand where he gets his balance and strength.

IMO, the people surrounding Obama are open to evolution of mankind. Some of them may not see the specifics, or may not have the "knowledge", but I do see their "shine". And the shine becomes brighter as their fear dissipates. :)

I also see a nation torn. 52 million people voted for Obama. 48 million voted for McCain. I don't think a lot of people expected Obama to win.

What I've noticed in the general population is either a very strong conservative opinion, or a very strong liberal opinion. I also see people not voicing these opinions due to fear of retaliation. People are beginning to "crash".

Right this moment the gays are protesting in two states ... from this has risen some violent action. After the election on Tuesday, an Black church was burned in Boston.

Kris and I were at the pub on election night. As we watched the results come in, a man yelled hateful comments about Obama and was eventually ask to leave ... the anger, the hate ... it's like a time bomb waiting to explode.

240,000 people in the US lost their jobs last month. GM is on the verge of bankruptcy. Even our local economy which thrives on tourism/gambling, and usually is immune to economic tumbles, is taking a huge hit. The money is running out. More are expected to lose their jobs and homes.  And it's not just here, It's a global issue.

I'm feeling that more protests and fears will rise to the top and our world will become a dangerous place. On the other hand, I also see that when difficult situations arise, there Are people who will rise to the occasion and help.

I'm sensing a kind of "calm before the storm". Not sure how to describe it. We'll see how it unfolds. But, I agree ... things are going to get a lot worse, before they get anywhere close to "better".

"If you stop seeing the world in terms of what you like and dislike, and saw things for what they truly are, in themselves, you would have a great deal more peace in your life..."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk